Author Topic: Who should we get with the MLE?  (Read 6304 times)

Re: Who should we get with the MLE?
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2023, 02:12:22 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Chris forsberg pretty much alluded to that the roster is primarily set and Brad is looking more to trade deadline or even next season to use any of the picks or TPE. Didn’t sound like from him the Celtics would be adding much more. More of a they want to wait and see going forward.

I would not expect any other players being added other than the ones they might have on their summer roster to just fill it out.

When did Chris Forsberg become the patron saint Celtics insider?

Has he ever broken any kind of actual news about our roster at any point? I've always thought of him as a glorified fanboy with a little team access.

This kind of confirms what he said:

"This [draft] capital will eventually serve as currency in a larger deal, with the Celtics well-positioned for a seismic strike, league sources said." (though unlikely to be soon) via
@AdamHimmelsbach
1:59 PM · Jul 6, 2023

Not at all. Adam is talking about the new draft capital and possible plans with that. He didn't say we're done with free agency (we have spots to fill, we're not done). Forsberg is doing what he always does - speculating like the rest of us. Nothing wrong with that, but he's not a guy with a ton of insight.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2023, 04:51:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kornet is sacred to Brad so he’s not getting moved. Celtics stand pat and go with what they have. No one else is brought in.

Going to get the old “I believe in Sam Hauser, Luke Kornet” speech we got last year.

Brogdan, PP, Hauser, Brissett and Al/Rob will be your bench.

Kornet, Davison, Walsh, Banton and champaigne get cheerleading duty in games.

Winning 50 games will be a tough task this season with this bench (especially if brogdan is healthy)
Absurdly negative string of posting from you. Just devoid of rationality. We’re going to be worse than last seasons Cavs? Are you actually serious?

First neither of us know what is going to happen. But I am concerned that Boston has several players that are injury prone thar one or two injuries really hurt this team because they don’t have depth to get through it.

If they are healthy they should win at least 55 games.

I will take the under right now just because we don’t know how hurt brogdan is. We don’t know how Joe will improve this season.

They are certainly a playoff team but last year showed us the season was an absolute slog.

I’m not negative. I still think this team wins the east if healthy. The regular season might not be a masterpiece though

how is it not negative to say the team will be lucky to win 50 games? you are basically saying you expect them to possibly be under and a .500 team...

I think they will win 50-57 games if healthy. But it’s going to be tough this season.

And I guess the point is just to make the playoffs right?
You've very quickly pivoted from 50 games being a "tough task" to that being your minimal prediction for the team...
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2023, 09:04:38 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2023, 09:09:03 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Why isn't Javonte on the Montenegrin national team current roster?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2023, 10:03:19 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 738
So we have 5 useless players at the end of the bench, the same injury tendencies + Porzingis and a G-League level head coach (at best) ?
Oh yeah, plus a GM in love with one of the 5 useless guys and the G-League coach.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce