Author Topic: White to Start  (Read 3742 times)

White to Start
« on: July 26, 2023, 04:41:09 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Just saw this break on Twitter.  Probably not "Breaking News" but it's something during the summer doldrums!

https://twitter.com/BrianTRobb/status/1684296293886185472?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: White to Start
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 05:00:07 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Definitely not breaking news.  More curious if it’s Porzingis and Rob or Porzingis and Al.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 05:09:09 PM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
My guess is Rob as Al won't play back to backs - I would think they would start with the player that will play more.  But I'm sure health will play into it.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 05:49:39 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
My guess is Rob as Al won't play back to backs - I would think they would start with the player that will play more.  But I'm sure health will play into it.

I’m not sure Rob should play back-to-backs either.  But that’s another story.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 05:51:23 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

I think Al's skillset (esp his current usage) works better w Prozingis. I'm a little worried that RWill and Prozingis function best on offense in the same space. Defensively not so worried about either pairing.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2023, 06:27:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I think Al's skillset (esp his current usage) works better w Prozingis. I'm a little worried that RWill and Prozingis function best on offense in the same space. Defensively not so worried about either pairing.

Porzingis played well with Gafford, who plays more like Rob than like Al.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBmbF-Ra5VE

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2023, 07:05:32 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

Porzingis played well with Gafford, who plays more like Rob than like Al.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBmbF-Ra5VE

Cool. But thats the definition of small sample size. I mean...thats a crazy successful 2 game set of stats for a team that didn't make the playoffs. Is there more? What about the rest of the season?

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2023, 07:38:46 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Let White cook!

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2023, 08:02:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Will be interested to see White in a bigger role. That said, with the addition of Porzingis the need for more offense is somewhat lessened.

Hopefully, the extra spacing will allow him to get easier buckets and assists.

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2023, 08:05:39 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

Interesting point about Timelord and Porzingis taking up the same space offensively. Hopefully Timelord's jumper continues to progress, and that would keep his defender honest at least.

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2023, 08:59:17 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Will be interested to see White in a bigger role. That said, with the addition of Porzingis the need for more offense is somewhat lessened.

Hopefully, the extra spacing will allow him to get easier buckets and assists.

For White, it is more about efficiency than quantity.

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2023, 11:49:51 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/272673/Derrick-White-Would-Be-Cool-To-Extend-With-Celtics

How much should we offer White? We can't give him the same as Brown as he's not eligible for the supermax, but the market for guards is also a lot different thus certainly not necessary.

I'm thinking 120/4 or would that not be enough? With Smart gone it's crucial that we keep White for the long term.

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2023, 12:51:34 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/272673/Derrick-White-Would-Be-Cool-To-Extend-With-Celtics

How much should we offer White? We can't give him the same as Brown as he's not eligible for the supermax, but the market for guards is also a lot different thus certainly not necessary.

I'm thinking 120/4 or would that not be enough? With Smart gone it's crucial that we keep White for the long term.

120/4 is a generous contract.
ok fine

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2023, 12:53:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2409

I figured White would get $20-25mil per annum.

Less if his jump-shot goes back in the toilet. Then $15-20mil.

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2023, 01:00:52 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528

I figured White would get $20-25mil per annum.

Less if his jump-shot goes back in the toilet. Then $15-20mil.

Yes - I was thinking 20-25.  He just turned 29 so will be 34 on the back end of an extension.  The assurance of 25M a year at age 34 I would think would be appealing to White.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 04:34:21 PM by Neurotic Guy »