Author Topic: Logging off for good  (Read 42934 times)

Re: Logging off for good
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2010, 12:58:51 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
People keep calling for this to be locked. Why?

I think this thread is serving a definitive purpose. It might be a purpose some might not like or want to deal with but it is serving a purpose in addressing an issue.

I think it's serving a lot more purpose than a thread about a 40 year old song about hearing about a certain avian subject.

It might create a divide between the members of the blog....between the perceived 'in' crowd/staff favs. and the others. That divide might also spill over in other threads that discuss gameplays, players etc. and we might find people being less respectful and more resentful. I could be wrong...but if the mods and you(OP) feel that its important to let it continue then I'm all for it. Just my 2 cents.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2010, 01:11:27 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think this thread is serving a definitive purpose. It might be a purpose some might not like or want to deal with but it is serving a purpose in addressing an issue.

I think it's serving a lot more purpose than a thread about a 40 year old song about hearing about a certain avian subject.

It might create a divide between the members of the blog....between the perceived 'in' crowd/staff favs. and the others. That divide might also spill over in other threads that discuss gameplays, players etc. and we might find people being less respectful and more resentful. I could be wrong...but if the mods and you(OP) feel that its important to let it continue then I'm all for it. Just my 2 cents.
Well maybe we need to clear up this perception of "in" crowds and cliques and tear these barriers down here once and for all. Maybe if we are all open and forthcoming about it here, it doesn't have to spill out elsewhere.

Do people perceive me to be in some "in" crowd or a mod fave?

I will admit I have been here a long time. But so have Roy, Chris, IP, Dons, wd, Edgar, Redz, DL, Bahku, Who and a bunch of other long time members. Given the volume we post and the length of time we have been here, it only makes sense that we would know each other pretty well by now. But knowing these people like I do, I will tell you the mods do everything they possibly humanly can NOT to play favorites. I also don't think it's any secret that some of us don't exactly see eye to eye on many things and might not like each other.

That doesn't sound like cliques or favoritism to me.

Let's clear the air on this once and for all. It's been danced around long enough. Got something to say, say it!! It's not why I started this thread but if that is what comes out of it, wouldn't that be a good thing?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:21:00 PM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2010, 01:20:14 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

Well maybe we need to clear up this perception of "in" crowds and cliques and tear these barriers down here once and for all. Maybe if we are all open and forthcoming about it here, it doesn't have to spill out elsewhere.

I will admit I have been here a long time. But so have Roy, Chris, IP, Dons, wd, Edgar, Redz, DL, Bahku, Who and a bunch of other long time members. Given the volume we post and the length of time we have been here, it only makes sense that we would know each other pretty well by now. But knowing these people like I do, I will tell you the mods do everything they possibly humanly can NOT to play favorites. Heck DL and I have been on unforced vacations given to us by the mods. I also don't think it's any secret that some of us don't exactly see eye to eye on many things and might not like each other.

Let's clear the air on this once and for all. It's been danced around long enough. Got something to say, say it!! It's not why I started this thread but if that is what comes out of it, wouldn't that be a good thing?

I didn't say you are part of the 'in crowd'. I don't think it even exists here. I just mentioned what I'd read in some other post about people accusing the staff of favouritism. You sound mad in every reply...like you are ready to take down someone. Like I'd said, it was just my 2 cents...I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I don't care how many accounts someone has....its something for the staff to worry about...not me or the other members....shouldn't be any of our business. Anyway, I'm not posting in this thread anymore. :)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Lookit. I just got back from Roy's house, and me and him and wdleehi and fafnir and dons and edgar and Chris and Jeff all had a talk before our weekly blood brothers recommitment ceremony and we agree all this this is getting a touch ridiculous. Also, Fafnir once again forgot to bring the mac salad. For the love of god, Faf.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2010, 01:41:32 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I will admit I have been here a long time. But so have Roy, Chris, IP, Dons, wd, Edgar, Redz, DL, Bahku, Who and a bunch of other long time members. Given the volume we post and the length of time we have been here, it only makes sense that we would know each other pretty well by now. But knowing these people like I do, I will tell you the mods do everything they possibly humanly can NOT to play favorites. Heck DL and I have been on unforced vacations given to us by the mods. I also don't think it's any secret that some of us don't exactly see eye to eye on many things and might not like each other.

I didn't say you are part of the 'in crowd'. I don't think it even exists here. I just mentioned what I'd read in some other post about people accusing the staff of favouritism. You sound mad in every reply...like you are ready to take down someone. Like I'd said, it was just my 2 cents...I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I don't care how many accounts someone has....its something for the staff to worry about...not me or the other members....shouldn't be any of our business. Anyway, I'm not posting in this thread anymore. :)
I'm not mad and I'm not accusing you of saying I was in an "in" crowd. But there was a post that, let's face it, was very vague in the way it was answered and could have been interpreted as an accusation of something. I don't think I am the only person that would have or could have interpreted it that way and I doubt I am.

I sent Matt an apology if I misunderstood his intentions but given the lack of inflection and emotion in posting on the internet, I don't think I was out of my right to interpret his post that way. I apologized to him personally for doing so and I have yet to hear back from him.

But the incident does bring to the forefront an issue that does exist. Many comment regarding cliques and in crowds but no one wants to openly talk about it. Okay, I will. Mods, want me to stop, PM me and let me know. But I find it strange that so many want to mention the favoritism and in crowds but doesn't want to discuss it openly.

I'm willing to discuss it openly and civilly, anyone else up for it?

« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2010, 01:42:38 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Lookit. I just got back from Roy's house, and me and him and wdleehi and fafnir and dons and edgar and Chris and Jeff all had a talk before our weekly blood brothers recommitment ceremony and we agree all this this is getting a touch ridiculous. Also, Fafnir once again forgot to bring the mac salad. For the love of god, Faf.

Speaking of forgetting, thanks for calling me with the heads-up about said ceremony.

Just another mod left out of the in-crowd, I see.

It appears I've received the guillotine for daring to publicly challenge IP's choice of neighborhood burger joint.

I'm kidding.  Seriously, folks, I'm kidding.  Not serious.  At all.  Here are some emoticons just in case:  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;)

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2010, 01:47:27 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Speaking of forgetting, thanks for calling me with the heads-up about said ceremony.

Just another mod left out of the in-crowd, I see.

It appears I've received the guillotine for daring to publicly challenge IP's choice of neighborhood burger joint.

I'm kidding.  Seriously, folks, I'm kidding.  Not serious.  At all.  Here are some emoticons just in case:  ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;)

-sw

Yeah. We snubbed you so what? Maybe next time you won't forget the pigs in a blanket. Maybe next time when you go for the apps table you won't just load up on taco salad, which you freaking know is my favorite, and just disregard Edgar's veggie platter. Look man we all know nobody likes the veggie platter, but you make a token effort. Is it so hard to just grab 2 carrots and a spoonful of hidden valley? Come on man. Come. On.

man.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2010, 02:05:32 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities (known as alter egos or alters), each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment.
Great!!Fits in right nicely with my current diagnoses of

Bi-Polar Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder
Sarcoidosis
Asthma
Sleep Apnea
Gastroesophageal reflux disease
Degenerative Disc Disease
Lower Back Pain
Restless Leg Syndrome
Near Sighted Vision
Male Pattern Baldness

Are you...are you dying?
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2010, 02:29:46 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities (known as alter egos or alters), each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment.

Bi-Polar Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
Sarcoidosis
Asthma
Sleep Apnea
Lower Back Pain
Restless Leg Syndrome
Near Sighted Vision
Male Pattern Baldness

Are you...are you dying?
Not that I know but, believe it or not, that is a complete list of my ailments. I take two inhalers daily, 14 pills, have to walk at the minimum of 3 miles a day though my doctor would rather I swim, and I wear a C-pap at night to sleep. When my sarcoid acts up, I have to go on steroids. Luckily, it's been about a year since that last acted up but I guess that is the most serious health concern.

It was a response meant as a joke but grounded in reality. It's better to have a sense of humor regarding health concerns. It allows you to live longer.

I think. Or at least I hope.

« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2010, 03:32:22 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"

Bi-Polar Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
Sarcoidosis
Asthma
Sleep Apnea
Lower Back Pain
Restless Leg Syndrome
Near Sighted Vision
Male Pattern Baldness

Are you...are you dying?
Not that I know but, believe it or not, that is a complete list of my ailments. I take two inhalers daily, 14 pills, have to walk at the minimum of 3 miles a day though my doctor would rather I swim, and I wear a C-pap at night to sleep. When my sarcoid acts up, I have to go on steroids. Luckily, it's been about a year since that last acted up but I guess that is the most serious health concern.

It was a response meant as a joke but grounded in reality. It's better to have a sense of humor regarding health concerns. It allows you to live longer.

Nick you deserve to activate as many accounts as you want! Jeez, I don't know what to say besides I hope you fight through all of that. I guess most of it you just have to live with. Though the one thing I couldn't help thinking (and posting) is that it doesn't seem like a great idea for someone who has a combo of those first three disorders listed to spend a ton of time posting on a blog.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2010, 06:23:53 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Nicky was a little lamb,
little lamb
little lamb
Nicky was a little lamb,
But now that lamb must go
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2010, 07:10:57 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Bi-Polar Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
Sarcoidosis
Asthma
Sleep Apnea
Lower Back Pain
Restless Leg Syndrome
Near Sighted Vision
Male Pattern Baldness

I'm praying for your healing, man. The blessing in all of this is that you are still here.

And back with us...just in time for our deep Playoff run and Finals venture.

« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Nicky was a little lamb,
little lamb
little lamb
Nicky was a little lamb,
But now that lamb must go
This is brilliant. TP.

« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2010, 08:04:47 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Bi-Polar Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
Sarcoidosis
Asthma
Sleep Apnea
Lower Back Pain
Restless Leg Syndrome
Near Sighted Vision
Male Pattern Baldness

Are you...are you dying?

Nick you deserve to activate as many accounts as you want! Jeez, I don't know what to say besides I hope you fight through all of that. I guess most of it you just have to live with. Though the one thing I couldn't help thinking (and posting) is that it doesn't seem like a great idea for someone who has a combo of those first three disorders listed to spend a ton of time posting on a blog.
Thanks for the well wishes, Toine. Actually most of this is under control through medication. I have a tough time around a certain time of year because of the depression but it still is, for the most part u8nder control through medication and therapy.

The tough part is the sarcoidosis. It affects my limp nodes in my chest and lungs the most and when it acts up it exacerbates the asthma and COPD and so I have to take steroids. But the steroids puts weight on me which is bad for my back so I have to exercise more which is harder due to the inability to breath very well. So I tend to gain weight and then the back pain gets worse. Kind of a weird balancing act.

In truth, this bothers me worse than the psychological disorders which as I said, as long as I take my medications and go to therapy, are for the most part under control. It took two decades to understand my situation and properly get the right medical mix to get it under control, but it's under control.

Anyway, thanks for the concern.

« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2010, 08:06:30 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Bi-Polar Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
Sarcoidosis
Asthma
Sleep Apnea
Lower Back Pain
Restless Leg Syndrome
Near Sighted Vision
Male Pattern Baldness

I'm praying for your healing, man. The blessing in all of this is that you are still here.

And back with us...just in time for our deep Playoff run and Finals venture.
Thanks, for the concern but everything is fine.