Author Topic: Let's all get our avatar's back!  (Read 15675 times)

Re: Let's all get our avatar's back!
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2018, 03:00:24 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Why is an avatar so dammed complicated?  >:(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2018, 06:00:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Why is an avatar so dammed complicated?  >:(

its the image size issue mostly and the detail quality..  I just found a free site with READY sized avatars ...the cartoon type i guess use less space and shrink better .

Mine worked first time from the ready to use avatar site.   I could not get anything on my computer to work from my own picture files.  That reduction program is PITA.

I figured one of the funky little cartoons was better than nothing.   Maybe i ll change it if i see a better one.

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2018, 06:31:54 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2018, 09:23:11 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I'm so happy with my young and smiling Dražen Petrović avatar...
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2018, 08:27:47 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Using the posted instructions, I think I got my old Johnny Most avatar back! This is a personal photo of Johnny, no one else has this one.  Need post immediately to be sure.  EDIT:  Got it!

I have some bad news...

Is there some sort of issue where some avatars only show up for the user, but not for everyone else? It seems like it's happened a couple of times now in this thread
For me, all of the avatars show on PC, but on mobile sometimes there are just empty white boxes
You mean, you don't see my avatar?   :(
At the moment (on my phone) no, but I can’t see my own either. Not sure what’s wrong

That's weird, because I'm on mobile and can see yours...
New clue:  I don't see my avatar on the iPad (in fact, most folks' avatars are gone, replaced by a box) but it is still showing up on my Windows laptop.  I haven't checked my phone yet.