Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111415 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2014, 09:32:23 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Ken Berger from CBS is saying that Rondo is open to resign with Dallas or Houston...
This would explain the crappy offer seeing how teams will want to know if Rondo will resign. He prob won't resign with the kings so I guess no McLemore  :(

I'll take Montejunas , Capella, Pelicans pick and filler  over than Dallas trade all day

No. Dmo sux.

Capela and 2 1sts is ok though

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2014, 09:39:50 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Dallas is already on their way towards a title, I don't see them messing around with their team right now, unless it's simply Wright, Harris, and 2 firsts.

Which of course would have to mean Rondo has 0 faith in Danny's ability to turn this team into a contender and has asked to leave.

I agree.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2014, 09:43:51 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Not sure if they've been posted, but Rondo's comments after the game last night:
"[Trade rumors have been] a way of life since I’ve been here," said Rondo. "It’s just part of it."

Rondo was asked if his preference remains to stay in Boston long term and he smiled before offering, "How many times do you want me to say it?"

When a reporter joked that he could say it one more time given the latest rumors, Rondo laughed.

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2014, 09:52:05 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Tp me if you also think Wright is Mark Blount 2.0

Blount from 2004 wouldn't be all that bad, actually, if that were the kind of season we got from Wright. That was Blount's one good year. 13 points, 8 rebounds, a steal, a block and a half, 57% from the field...you wouldn't want something like that, year after year?

Of course, 2004 was Blount's only remotely good season. Using PER as shorthand, his was 16 that year. The rest of his career it was in the 10-13 range.

Wright, on the other hand, has not had a PER below 21 in any of the last four seasons. A year ago he had a 23.5 PER. This season, his PER is 26. His absolute worst season of PER was 16, five years ago.

What I suspect made you draw the comparison is that you see a facial resemblance. And for that I can't blame you, lol. Although to be fair, to me, Wright looks more like a combination of Blount and Anthony Davis, about 60/40. If there's anything scientific in our phrenological analysis, then we'd have a really good player. Thankfully, phrenology doesn't correspond to reality. But stats do, and we might wind up with a really good player anyway. :)
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2014, 09:54:32 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Wouldn't it be more correct to assume that Wright's extraordinary PER is an outlier, considering the metric was created to put Jordan at the top?

He's a good player, for sure (and a definite upgrade), but he's really an example of the limitations of PER, rather than it's poster boy.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2014, 09:55:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wright is more Jordan Hill/Javale McGee than a building block.

« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2014, 09:57:11 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Does anyone realize that Wright is only 1 year younger than Rondo at 27?

« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2014, 09:57:57 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Does anyone realize that Wright is only 1 year younger than Rondo at 27?
And perhaps most importantly is an unrestricted free agent after this year, just like Rondo.

The main assets would be the picks in this proposed trade, which is why I don't think this gets it done.

« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2014, 09:58:43 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Bass, Rondo and Green for Crowder, Wright, Felton, Parsons, and a 1st would work under the cap.

« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2014, 10:01:17 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Bass, Rondo and Green for Crowder, Wright, Felton, Parsons, and a 1st would work under the cap.

I was thinking about something that included Green and Parsons as one of the few ways we could actually get enough real talent (not just more 1sts) in return.  I doubt Dallas wants to give up on their Parsons signing so fast, but he did come in out of shape and struggled until recently, so who knows.  I think it may have to be a 3-way deal to make much sense for us.

...Crowder would be a nice player to acquire though, he's no game-changer but could be a nice bench piece.

« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2014, 10:03:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Yeah I don't see them giving up Parsons so soon either, but who knows. If Green wasn't set to be a FA himself....

« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2014, 10:04:04 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2014, 10:11:24 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
It appears hard to structure a trade with the Mavs since they seem to be lacking the contracts to send back. The only possibility seems to be centering something around Jason Terry, e.g. Terry, Papanikolaou combination as a starter.

I wonder how hard it would be to pry Montiejunas. I'd even send them a first if it's going to get it done :) But that's probably a pipe dream. I also wouldn't mind taking Beverley instead.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:17 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yeah I don't see them giving up Parsons so soon either, but who knows. If Green wasn't set to be a FA himself....

He could agree to pick up his player option as part of the trade, and expire just 1 year before Parsons, but I'm not sure why he'd do that.

I don't know, I can't imagine we wouldn't be able to do better than Wright/Crowder/Felton or Nelson and a low 1st or two.  Resigning Rondo and trying to develop around him sounds a lot better than that to me.

« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:59 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I don't get this sentiment of:

"If all we get is Wright & a pick........."

This couldn't happen. Dallas would need to shed 6,600,000 still. You can't just trade Wright.  It would have to be a multiple team trade, with other pieces involved.

I personally think Ainge is eyeing Houston's Pelican pick, plus Terrence Jones & others. Houston sends their own pick to Charlotte for Lance Stephenson.

Rondo for Jones, Stephenson, & the Pelicans pick (acquired for Asik)