Author Topic: Summer 2018 verified moves  (Read 84065 times)

Re: Summer 2018 verified moves
« Reply #225 on: July 05, 2018, 03:36:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Philadelphia sign Nemanja Bjelica..

lot of wings
Bjelica is a 6'10" PF.  Signed to fill Illyasova's role.

better or worse

« Reply #226 on: July 05, 2018, 03:40:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

lot of wings

better or worse

Better for Philly....

« Reply #227 on: July 05, 2018, 03:41:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

lot of wings

better or worse
worse overall player, but a better outside shooter, so might be better in that system and role.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #228 on: July 05, 2018, 03:43:51 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

lot of wings

better or worse

Better for Philly....

You’re saying Bjelica is better for Philly than Ilyasova?  I rather disagree with that.  Don’t see him shooting 41% again from 3.

« Reply #229 on: July 05, 2018, 03:44:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

lot of wings

thats odd. Bjelica got a much smaller contract didn't he? I had really philly preferred illy but got outbid.

better or worse

Better for Philly....

« Reply #230 on: July 05, 2018, 04:25:02 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

lot of wings

thats odd. Bjelica got a much smaller contract didn't he? I had really philly preferred illy but got outbid.

better or worse

Better for Philly....
Philly didn't get outbid for Ilyasova.  Ilyasova signed his deal right at the beginning of free agency before Lebron had made his decision.  In any case, the Sixers would never have given Ilyasova a multi-year deal.  So it really doesn't matter other than wondering why the Bucks did. 

I am surprised the Sixers used the room exception at this point.  They already had a roster spot crunch.  I don't see what Bjelica is going to do for them that is worth the room exception or the roster spot.  Doesn't make sense unless they have some other move planned. 

« Reply #231 on: July 05, 2018, 04:33:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

lot of wings

better or worse

Better for Philly....

You’re saying Bjelica is better for Philly than Ilyasova?  I rather disagree with that.  Don’t see him shooting 41% again from 3.
why don't you think he can do that again?

« Reply #232 on: July 05, 2018, 04:47:28 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

lot of wings

better or worse

Better for Philly....

In his 3 NBA seasons he's shot, 38.4%, 31.6% and 41.5% on 2.1, 2.7 and 2.7 attempts.  I'd say the last two are outliers and he's likely to be in the 37 to 38 range. 

« Reply #233 on: July 05, 2018, 04:52:22 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

lot of wings

better or worse

Better for Philly....

In his 3 NBA seasons he's shot, 38.4%, 31.6% and 41.5% on 2.1, 2.7 and 2.7 attempts.  I'd say the last two are outliers and he's likely to be in the 37 to 38 range.
I agree the 2nd year is an outlier, but why shouldn't he shoot better with more experience and on a better team like this 3rd year.  He had seasons in Europe where he shot nearly 50% from 3.  Bjelica has excellent shooting touch.  It is the only thing he does well. 

« Reply #234 on: July 05, 2018, 04:59:20 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

lot of wings

better or worse

Better for Philly....

I agree the 2nd year is an outlier, but why shouldn't he shoot better with more experience and on a better team like this 3rd year.  He had seasons in Europe where he shot nearly 50% from 3.  Bjelica has excellent shooting touch.  It is the only thing he does well.

What stats are you looking at?  He’s was a career 35% shooter from 3 in Europe, with his best season coming in at 41%, unless you’re going to count the year he went 8/18 from 3 as an actual full season number.  Considering the number of attempts and the fact that he played all of 12 games, that would be an abuse of statistics.

« Reply #235 on: July 05, 2018, 05:00:48 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

lot of wings

better or worse

Better for Philly....
Philly didn't get outbid for Ilyasova.  Ilyasova signed his deal right at the beginning of free agency before Lebron had made his decision.  In any case, the Sixers would never have given Ilyasova a multi-year deal.  So it really doesn't matter other than wondering why the Bucks did. 

I am surprised the Sixers used the room exception at this point.  They already had a roster spot crunch.  I don't see what Bjelica is going to do for them that is worth the room exception or the roster spot.  Doesn't make sense unless they have some other move planned.

They got outbid in the sense they wanted to keep him. While it is true he got a 3 year deal, the biggest problem is how big each individual year is. If it was a 3 year 12-13 million contract they could have counter with one year 7 million and maybe given reddick 1 or 2 less. Obviously neither of us know what was said between illy and the 76ers and bucks at different points but once he got that much money there was nothing the 76ers could do (I also agree with you it is a ridiculous contract the bucks gave him.) 

« Reply #236 on: July 05, 2018, 05:01:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

lot of wings

better or worse

Better for Philly....

What stats are you looking at?  He’s was a career 35% shooter from 3 in Europe, with his best season coming in at 41%, unless you’re going to count the year he went 8/18 from 3 as an actual full season number.  Considering the number of attempts and the fact that he played all of 12 games, that would be an abuse of statistics.

lol I think he was trying to do that and didn't really dig in.

« Reply #237 on: July 05, 2018, 05:27:08 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

lot of wings

better or worse

Better for Philly....

They got outbid in the sense they wanted to keep him. While it is true he got a 3 year deal, the biggest problem is how big each individual year is. If it was a 3 year 12-13 million contract they could have counter with one year 7 million and maybe given reddick 1 or 2 less. Obviously neither of us know what was said between illy and the 76ers and bucks at different points but once he got that much money there was nothing the 76ers could do (I also agree with you it is a ridiculous contract the bucks gave him.)
They may have liked to keep him on a cheap 1 year deal but he's not important to them.  The Sixers acquired him as salary match in the Grant trade.  The prize for them was the protected 1st.  Then at the trade deadline during the same season when he told them he wanted a multi-year deal they traded him to Atlanta for a couple 2nd rounders.  Last season they wouldn't trade for Ilyasova or Belinelli at the deadline.  They just waited for them to get waived and brought them on for the vet minimum.  Unlike Redick, its pretty clear neither of them were priorities for the Sixers this offseason.     

« Reply #238 on: July 05, 2018, 05:42:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

lot of wings

better or worse

Better for Philly....

They may have liked to keep him on a cheap 1 year deal but he's not important to them.  The Sixers acquired him as salary match in the Grant trade.  The prize for them was the protected 1st.  Then at the trade deadline during the same season when he told them he wanted a multi-year deal they traded him to Atlanta for a couple 2nd rounders.  Last season they wouldn't trade for Ilyasova or Belinelli at the deadline.  They just waited for them to get waived and brought them on for the vet minimum.  Unlike Redick, its pretty clear neither of them were priorities for the Sixers this offseason.   

You say so *shrug*

« Reply #239 on: July 06, 2018, 01:43:19 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Guard Ryan Broekhoff has agreed to a two-year deal with the Dallas Mavericks, league sources tell Yahoo. Guaranteed in first season

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1015009345837436928

Apparently for $2.4 million, second year non guaranteed. He played for Denver in the summer league last year, Brooklyn were interested as well.

Turns 28 soon so it was probably now or never for him in the NBA. Very pleased to see him get an opportunity.

NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER