Author Topic: Coming to Boston - Recommendations  (Read 4214 times)

Coming to Boston - Recommendations
« on: January 07, 2010, 08:21:35 AM »

Offline paulball2007

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
My wife and I are coming to Boston from Ohio in April.  She bought me tickets to see the C's and Wizards on my birthday.  She got me sick seats.  We are row 18 from court level, center court.  This will be my second game in Boston.  I got tickets to see Philly and Boston last season as my wedding gift.  We were looking for some things to do this time.  Last time we were there we did the following:

Walked the Freedom Trail
Toured the Paul Revere house
Toured Sam Adams Brewery
Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market shopping
Ate at one restaurant in Little Italy
Ate a cannoli from Mikes Pastery
Ate at Mikes City Diner

This time we want to go whale watching and do some other things but we are not sure what we should do.  Any recommendations for places to eat in Little Italy?  We want to eat there twice so the more the merrier.  We are going to tour the sam adams brewery again.  Any ideas would be very appreciated.

Re: Coming to Boston - Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:32:51 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It sounds corny, but the Duck Tours are a ton of fun.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 09:26:37 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
It's not "Little Italy." It's the North End.  :P

Mike's Pastries is wildly overrated in my opinion. Maria's is much, much better and less of a tourist trap than Mike's. As far as restaurants go, the original Regina on Thatcher is good, as is Ernesto's Pizza on Salem Street (though Ernesto's is more suitable for grabbing a quick bite for lunch). Antico Forno (also on Salem Street) is good too. I <3 their gnocchi.

If you like beer, you could do the Harpoon tasting in addition to the Sam tour. IMHO, the Sam tour is much better, but Harpoon makes some tasty brews too. I'd also try out Boston Beer Works either the Fenway or North Station one also. They brew their beer on site.

The Museum of Fine Arts or the New England Sports Museum are both really fun too.

I'd also suggest going to Chinatown one late morning and having Dim Sum (It's like a Chinese Brunch) at Hei La Moon. It's on Beach Street.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:34:06 AM by GroverTheClover »

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:45:28 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Also, I'm not sure if it's your style, but the Aquarium is a fun time.  They have an Imax theater there, and are showing Under the Sea, which is a pretty neat film.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:50:33 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Agree with Duck Tours....gives you a good feel for the city and then you can pick and choose where you want to go on your own

My wife and I usually do that....as a rule, the guides are entertaining also

The best city tour is the horse and buggy in Charleston SC