Author Topic: Draft Tiers are Here!  (Read 5813 times)

Re: Draft Tiers are Here!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 06:23:36 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Like every draft system, the tier system isn't perfect, but the teams that run it have found that it improves their performance. It has allowed them to get help through the draft without overreaching. Compared to traditional top-30 lists or mock drafts, it seems like a much more precise tool of gauging which players a team should draft.

On what, exactly, do these teams base these findings?  Statistical models/analytics, or something else, entirely?  It just seems like they're over complicating the whole thing, to me :-\.

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 06:44:14 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I really wish we had another pick in this very deep draft. I know it's greedy to grumble about it since we already have the no. 1 pick, but as great as Fultz is he doesn't even play a position of need. I really would like Ainge to rectify the roster imbalance but I'm not sure he can get fair value back at this point which is a shame.

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 06:51:48 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I really wish we had another pick in this very deep draft. I know it's greedy to grumble about it since we already have the no. 1 pick, but as great as Fultz is he doesn't even play a position of need. I really would like Ainge to rectify the roster imbalance but I'm not sure he can get fair value back at this point which is a shame.

I take it that you'd like another first rounder, right? 

In terms of roster imbalance, do you think we could get 33 and 35 from the Magic for Rozier, for example?  I know that they wanted him in the proposed Ibaka deal, but don't they have someone who actually knows what they're doing at the helm, now, lol? ;D Ugh.

Oh well, we could always trade down, or maybe get 7, Pekovic, and Jordan Hill, who we can just waive before his deal becomes guaranteed, iirc, from the Timberwolves for Horford, I guess :-\.  That is, as long as the idea is to go with the youth movement, of course.