Author Topic: Is Milicic part of 8 man rotation ???  (Read 12415 times)

Re: Is Milicic part of 8 man rotation ???
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2012, 08:58:29 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Darko is the best big man on the team not named Garnett or Bass.  And frankly I don't think it is close.  Darko was a total bust as the #2 pick in the draft and I think that sometimes make people think he is a downright terrible player.  He is not.  He is a solid backup center and has a skill set that would be perfect on this team and in his role of backup.
Woah woah woah. Let's not go nuts here. I need a bigger sample size than one Euro preseason game and I'm not ready to put him ahead of Green or Sully as a big man or as a basketball player
How about the ten years or so he has been in the league?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2012, 11:54:45 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I think Doc will go with a 10 man rotation in the regular season.  Darko will probably get the back-up 5 spot, with back-up 4 going to either Wilcox or Sully, though there could be situations where Wilcox and Sully get the nod, i.e. when we want to go with a smaller, quicker line-up.   Regardless, I think Darko will get regular minutes unless he loses them....

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2012, 02:21:56 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I tend to agree with those putting Darko in the regular rotation.

If his attitude and effort are true to the lip service so far, then its a no-brainer that he's our best big option at 5 not named KG.

I disagree with the idea that he needs to be down at 240-245 to play effectively.  At that weight, he'd be skinnier than KG.  At his current weight he doesn't look fat at all.  He looks big and strong and perfect for the low-post / weak side defender role that works so well in Doc's defense.   This is the Perk / Sheed / Shaq / Stiemsma role.  You don't need a lithe, athletic big for that.  You need someone tall, big and intimidating who can protect the rim.

I expect that at some point we will start to see KG & Darko on the floor together and that will likely be by far our best, lock-down defensive front court. 
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 05:15:57 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I don't know what it is but big fella makes me bust up with his expressions anybody see him beat his chest a la Ron Artest?  ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2012, 10:51:44 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I think that Fab could surpass Darko on the depth chart by season's end.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2012, 10:56:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I tend to agree with those putting Darko in the regular rotation.

If his attitude and effort are true to the lip service so far, then its a no-brainer that he's our best big option at 5 not named KG.

I disagree with the idea that he needs to be down at 240-245 to play effectively.  At that weight, he'd be skinnier than KG.  At his current weight he doesn't look fat at all.  He looks big and strong and perfect for the low-post / weak side defender role that works so well in Doc's defense.   This is the Perk / Sheed / Shaq / Stiemsma role.  You don't need a lithe, athletic big for that.  You need someone tall, big and intimidating who can protect the rim.

I expect that at some point we will start to see KG & Darko on the floor together and that will likely be by far our best, lock-down defensive front court.

Agreed.

You know who would have been good for this team over the last few years, is a Potapenko.
Yup

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2012, 11:57:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Not a chance. I'm rooting for fab but dude is clueless. Sweet block in game one but; shaky hands/dropping easy passes, air balling a lay up from 1 foot out, and very poor on ball defense. Kids got a few years to go

« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2012, 01:01:30 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Not a chance. I'm rooting for fab but dude is clueless. Sweet block in game one but; shaky hands/dropping easy passes, air balling a lay up from 1 foot out, and very poor on ball defense. Kids got a few years to go

I agree that he's kind of clueless, but I think it might be more like a few months than a few years before he's ready to contribute.  He's got a good body, good mobility, good athleticism, and, perhaps most importantly, he seems to have a really good attitude.

I'm bracing myself for possible disappointment on this one (it's not like I haven't been burned before), but I'm really excited about Fab Melo.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2012, 01:15:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
need Darko to get with the program ASAP , we'll need him for for sure against Bynum  and Howard. 

Can't expect alot of Fab.   Like AB was at first , he needs alot work and confidence.   He has alot of heart.