Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280612 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #3600 on: June 07, 2018, 12:42:37 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
ESPN speculating that LeBron leaves if he loses this Finals (which is very likely now).

But seriously, where would he go?

Lakers

They have huge money to throw around

Lebron, PG13 and Paul join forces

Huh? There’s no way they can get all three. Without trading Deng they technically can’t even max out both Bron and George, let alone Paul who has let it be known that he isn’t taking anything less than the max.

I think Houston is still the most likely option, but LA is probably next in line. I can see both Bron and George going there, but that’s still probably just the third or fourth best team in the West. That LA team isn’t beating GS or Houston, let alone both.

Trading Deng is not difficult. Throw in a future 1st

Lakers could throw near max to all 3.

A) Except they have no attractive draft compensation if they sign some big name free agents;

B) None of them will take less than the max, as they shouldn’t, and this has been thoroughly reported on for all three players; and

C) Even letting all their cap holds and free agents go and only keeping Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart, they still won’t come close to be able to offer all three max contracts, as the three of them combined will take up the entire cap themselves (I believe - James > $35M; Paul > $35M; George > $30M with an estimated $101M salary cap).

It’s simply not happening.

They can shed Lonzo, Ingram if it comes down to it

Paul wants max? Well i think its about time he wants to win a championship before his career is over

Its a balance/sacrifice all three can make. Lebron again can take a pay cut

Why would he want to take max but to lose to the warriors again?

I cant see him money chasing at this point of his career

Because he's 33 and knows he only has a few good years left in him? No way he doesn't take the max. Absolutely no way.

Lets see take 30 million but have a legit chance to dethrone the warriors

Or make 35 and get swept again

Tell me...with your legacy on the line , which option would you choose?

I don't have to tell you anything, LeBron said he WON'T take a paycut.

You're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole here.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #3601 on: June 07, 2018, 12:44:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
ESPN speculating that LeBron leaves if he loses this Finals (which is very likely now).

Lakers

Huh? There’s no way they can get all three. Without trading Deng they technically can’t even max out both Bron and George, let alone Paul who has let it be known that he isn’t taking anything less than the max.

I think Houston is still the most likely option, but LA is probably next in line. I can see both Bron and George going there, but that’s still probably just the third or fourth best team in the West. That LA team isn’t beating GS or Houston, let alone both.

A) Except they have no attractive draft compensation if they sign some big name free agents;

B) None of them will take less than the max, as they shouldn’t, and this has been thoroughly reported on for all three players; and

C) Even letting all their cap holds and free agents go and only keeping Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart, they still won’t come close to be able to offer all three max contracts, as the three of them combined will take up the entire cap themselves (I believe - James > $35M; Paul > $35M; George > $30M with an estimated $101M salary cap).

Paul wants max? Well i think its about time he wants to win a championship before his career is over

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/l/report-chris-paul-will-not-take-a-pay-cut-to-re-sign-with-rockets/vp-AAyj2Il

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/15/report-lebron-james-wont-take-discount-from-max-salary/

It’s not happening. I can see Lebron and George and then making other trades for role players, but getting all three is virtually impossible.

We will see who is right

Durant took a paycut when nobody thought he would

« Reply #3602 on: June 07, 2018, 12:47:15 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Lakers

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/l/report-chris-paul-will-not-take-a-pay-cut-to-re-sign-with-rockets/vp-AAyj2Il

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/15/report-lebron-james-wont-take-discount-from-max-salary/

It’s not happening. I can see Lebron and George and then making other trades for role players, but getting all three is virtually impossible.

We will see who is right

To be able to resign their Bird Rights free agent. Totally different case here.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #3603 on: June 07, 2018, 12:50:20 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Lakers

We will see who is right

To be able to resign their Bird Rights free agent. Totally different case here.

Again...doubt Lebron joins the Lakers to get swept again by GSW

Does this makes sense to you?

« Reply #3604 on: June 07, 2018, 12:58:37 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Yeah I can't believe the Celtics lost to these Cavaliers lol  :(

They just couldn't throw the ball in the ocean in game 7. I keep telling myself 15% from 3. That's the game. If you have Kryie and Hayward there is no way that happens...

agree ,  if our two stars are chealthy next year ,  we go all the way to finals.  Straight through Phily like a knife though hot butter.
Nice try.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3605 on: June 07, 2018, 01:15:52 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Does this end Friday?

« Reply #3606 on: June 07, 2018, 01:51:05 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

Lakers

But see, the problem here is if he goes to Houston, they'd have to gut that team to accommodate him. They'd have to give up Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson to accommodate his salary. Anderson might not be important, but Gordon is a key guy for that team. And even then, with the cap holds, those salaries might not be enough (I have not done the numbers yet, but CP3's cap hold alone would be massive).

Is it really worth going to Houston if you won't have a bench? Yeah, your starting 5 would be massive, but who would they have off the bench there?

You got the best player in the world, playing alongside with two superstars and a 5x All-Star Paul George. Just pick up some bums off the streets and that team will absolutely challenge Golden State.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3607 on: June 07, 2018, 01:51:58 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Does this end Friday?

Yeah. My friend whose a Warriors fan (ya I know, "fan") isn't counting LeBron out just yet. They are getting swept lol.

« Reply #3608 on: June 07, 2018, 02:15:45 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Does this end Friday?

Should be over then. Hopefully the Warriors don't mess around.

« Reply #3609 on: June 07, 2018, 06:52:13 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I'm rooting for another Durant FMVP. Nothing against Curry but I think since moving to GS Durant has become underrated and this would be validation that he is, indeed, the Warriors' best player. That and I think it would be hilarious if Curry won 2 MVP's and 3 championships but never wins a FMVP.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #3610 on: June 07, 2018, 07:21:54 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Does this end Friday?

Yeah. My friend whose a Warriors fan (ya I know, "fan") isn't counting LeBron out just yet. They are getting swept lol.
A sweep would be no surprise, but I've felt since the beginning that Cavs would win one game in Cleveland, and I bet it's on Friday.

The larger point is that a 5-game series is no different than a sweep in terms of how LBJ feels about his future.

« Reply #3611 on: June 07, 2018, 01:51:47 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Anyone saw The Miz on First Take? "I don't care what happened in Games 1 or 2, but Game 4 we take it. Game 5 we take it. Game 6 we take it. Game 7...we take it!"

DON'T DO DRUGS KIDS!  ::)

At least I'll credit him for tryna hype up the Cavs more than Ty Lue does.

« Reply #3612 on: June 07, 2018, 01:55:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I'm rooting for another Durant FMVP. Nothing against Curry but I think since moving to GS Durant has become underrated and this would be validation that he is, indeed, the Warriors' best player. That and I think it would be hilarious if Curry won 2 MVP's and 3 championships but never wins a FMVP.

Thing is as great of a shooter/scorer Curry is... There is no doubt in my mind KD has always been the best player on that team.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3613 on: June 07, 2018, 01:57:27 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
BYE BYE LEBRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3-0!

3-0!

3-0!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAH
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3614 on: June 07, 2018, 01:58:35 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Yeah I can't believe the Celtics lost to these Cavaliers lol  :(

They just couldn't throw the ball in the ocean in game 7. I keep telling myself 15% from 3. That's the game. If you have Kryie and Hayward there is no way that happens...

agree ,  if our two stars are chealthy next year ,  we go all the way to finals.  Straight through Phily like a knife though hot butter.
Nice try.  ;D

LOL  hot knife thru butter
LET'S GO CELTICS!