Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280645 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #3225 on: June 01, 2018, 12:29:06 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
The funniest part of this game was when they reviewed the charge and made it a blocking foul on Lebron

Funny? That single call may have thrown the series

It was clearly the correct call. James was definitely moving.

But it is pretty ridiculous that they can change that. I thought they could only look to see if he was in the restricted area, not actually change the entire call when NOT in the restricted zone.

Yep that’s what’s funny about it. I didn’t know they could change that.

Replay Review (Callahan): if LeBron James was in the restricted area, as well as in legal guarding position, after he drew an offensive foul on Kevin Durant in Q4 of #CLEatGSW. Ruling: Overturned to blocking foul, James was not in legal guarding position.

https://twitter.com/nbaofficial/status/1002394807560523776?s=21

I did know they could change that either ......i agree it was dang funny beacuse of Bron ......but Smith and the choke freethrow was super epic NBA at its finest...LOL

Dude looked like Forrest Gump running out of the stadium during that football game, lol ;D. They should just present the Shaqtin' a Fool Lifetime Achievement Award to Smith right now, LOL ;D.

You just know that that gif is going to be a meme. Like, bruh...;D.

« Reply #3226 on: June 01, 2018, 12:29:59 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I can't find a replay of Thompson pushing that ball into Draymond with, what looked like, a closed fist, anyone?

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/1002396506601787392

Thank you. That looks a lot like a fist but The NBA did nothing about JR's cheap shot on Horford so... JR also had the football tackle on Thompson in this one. Anyone who is fooled by JR Smith's "slip" must be an NBA ref.

« Reply #3227 on: June 01, 2018, 12:30:00 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Lebron James is the best basketball player I've ever seen. Amazing.

You start watching basketball in 2018?   :laugh: :laugh:

No. He has never been as good as he is right now in my opinion.
I couldn't disagree more with this. His offence is arguably the best it's ever been, and in terms of the way he's had to carry this team, that's probably true too.

But his defense, and absolute lack of effort for 90% of the time he spends on defense, is just laughable. Amazed at how little he gets called out for it. Over the last few years he's been a lazy defender, but it's been taken to a whole new level now. Nowhere near the best he's been, and certainly not the best player ever
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3228 on: June 01, 2018, 12:32:08 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

I couldn't disagree more with this. His offence is arguably the best it's ever been, and in terms of the way he's had to carry this team, that's probably true too.

But his defense, and absolute lack of effort for 90% of the time he spends on defense, is just laughable. Amazed at how little he gets called out for it. Over the last few years he's been a lazy defender, but it's been taken to a whole new level now. Nowhere near the best he's been, and certainly not the best player ever

I disagree. He is a great defender. He is one of the few players in the league at his position that completely changes the game defensively.

« Reply #3229 on: June 01, 2018, 12:32:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I disagree. He is a great defender. He is one of the few players in the league at his position that completely changes the game defensively.
Well, when he tries to be. Which is a couple of noteworthy plays every game. Most of the time he doesn't try at all though, and often rests on the worst offensive wing player
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3230 on: June 01, 2018, 12:34:59 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Lebron nonexistent in OT. Gas tank empty

Just mentally drained too.

Those kind of mistakes could drain someone. . .
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #3231 on: June 01, 2018, 12:40:39 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

All that crying dehydrated "THE KING"!

« Reply #3232 on: June 01, 2018, 12:41:13 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
Did anyone else notice at the end of the game how Curry had that look of hurt on his face when James pushed him aside and didn't acknowledge that he was on his level? The emotional pain for Curry in that moment was real.

« Reply #3233 on: June 01, 2018, 12:41:15 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Not Jordan  ;D

« Reply #3234 on: June 01, 2018, 12:43:26 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The funniest part of this game was when they reviewed the charge and made it a blocking foul on Lebron

I thought it was a block. He was still moving and sidewards....

Yup.  It was the correct call.

The league needs to take the option away for referees to review and change foul calls. Fouls should should be made in real time. You could nitpick every charge call because it's easier to notice a defender moving in slow motion. That was bush league to change that charge, and a total cowardly move.

It is fair to dislike the rule, but it is currently the rule.  The refs would not be doing their jobs if they did not review and correct it.

I thought the two refs disagreed with the call in real time and that's why they reviewed it?

The refs did disagree.

Tye Lue doesn't know that the refs disagreed so they reviewed it. We are watching it on TV and we know this, sad!

« Reply #3235 on: June 01, 2018, 12:45:23 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Did anyone else notice at the end of the game how Curry had that look of hurt on his face when James pushed him aside and didn't acknowledge that he was on his level? The emotional pain for Curry in that moment was real.

Huh?  He was smiling and laughing. 

« Reply #3236 on: June 01, 2018, 12:45:41 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Did it look like this:

;D

« Reply #3237 on: June 01, 2018, 12:46:13 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I did not see that...

« Reply #3238 on: June 01, 2018, 12:46:56 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

Huh?  He was smiling and laughing.

Yes. Curry tried to play it off cool. But read his body language there for a split second. He is wearing the pain.

« Reply #3239 on: June 01, 2018, 12:47:12 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I thought it was a block. He was still moving and sidewards....

Yup.  It was the correct call.

The league needs to take the option away for referees to review and change foul calls. Fouls should should be made in real time. You could nitpick every charge call because it's easier to notice a defender moving in slow motion. That was bush league to change that charge, and a total cowardly move.

It is fair to dislike the rule, but it is currently the rule.  The refs would not be doing their jobs if they did not review and correct it.

I thought the two refs disagreed with the call in real time and that's why they reviewed it?

The refs did disagree.

Tye Lue doesn't know that the refs disagreed so they reviewed it. We are watching it on TV and we know this, sad!

I don't think he knew the rule.  They only recently changed it.  That's pretty bad for a head coach.