Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280633 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #2100 on: May 11, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'll need to shut down my usual and highly sought after tarheel + 1 guest game thread here. For no one who cares, third surgery on wrist today, invasive and includes bone graft. Should be fun. The greatest gift of all would be a triumphant return to non-NGT status-- for this we pray.  See you on the other side.  -tar.

Good luck with surgery, tar.  Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery, man.

« Reply #2101 on: May 11, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I'll need to shut down my usual and highly sought after tarheel + 1 guest game thread here. For no one who cares, third surgery on wrist today, invasive and includes bone graft. Should be fun. The greatest gift of all would be a triumphant return to non-NGT status-- for this we pray.  See you on the other side.  -tar.

Feel better, Tar. Hope you make a full recovery!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2102 on: May 11, 2018, 09:53:46 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Not going to lie, I'm kind of glad we have some time off before the next series.

My heart seriously needs a break right now after all the close games lately  :P :laugh:

And I'm assuming it will certainly be another week filled with anxiety and heart attacks next week and (hopefully) beyond. So this is the "calm before the storm".

It's also nice to spend these few days watching the national media in awe about us and giving us some love (finally). Enjoying it for now.

Sure, it's possible this is actually a bad thing for us and that we come out extremely rusty Game 1 (since we statistically seem to do much better with just 1 day off between games).

But at the same time, guys are getting well deserved rest and Jaylen's hamstring too. That's vital because we're going to NEED Jaylen in this series and it's best if he's as healthy as possible. Hoping Larkin can make a return sometime in the middle of the series too, since we do have three days off between Game 2 and 3 (I think Ainge said Larkin would likely miss the series as a "precaution" thing and so there's no rush for Larkin to return and possibly re-aggravate something else now. Wouldn't surprise me if things go well and Larkin could come back Game 3 or 4).

« Reply #2103 on: May 11, 2018, 12:56:55 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Thanks, friends.  False alarm!  Due to a prior bone infection, and a new tooth infection, I need a root canal + crown before having my arm mangled and hip-bone chopped!  Wahoo!  So excited to talk to 1-2 fine folks and/or just myself on Sunday!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2104 on: May 11, 2018, 03:40:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Thanks, friends.  False alarm!  Due to a prior bone infection, and a new tooth infection, I need a root canal + crown before having my arm mangled and hip-bone chopped!  Wahoo!  So excited to talk to 1-2 fine folks and/or just myself on Sunday!

Dang, it feels like you've been through it all  :o

Hope you feel better!  ;D

« Reply #2105 on: May 11, 2018, 11:14:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Once power stapled my finger into a third of its size. 4 operations later including grafting a piece of my hip into my finger to heal the break and it was good. Took 15 months but eventually it was good. Think I can understand what you're going through. It sucks but time will make it better.

« Reply #2106 on: May 11, 2018, 11:44:25 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

You'll need some heavy ibuprofen and antibiotics this weekend!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2107 on: May 13, 2018, 03:32:16 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Once power stapled my finger into a third of its size. 4 operations later including grafting a piece of my hip into my finger to heal the break and it was good. Took 15 months but eventually it was good. Think I can understand what you're going through. It sucks but time will make it better.

Sorry, that sounds horrible.  Good to hear that people eventually recover from the serious and nagging injuries though.

« Reply #2108 on: May 13, 2018, 03:38:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Mook needs to channel his inner 'alleged' criminal and give LeBron some hockey sticks today

« Reply #2109 on: May 13, 2018, 04:03:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Mook needs to channel his inner 'alleged' criminal and give LeBron some hockey sticks today

I don't believe that I've ever seen Horford be this aggressive, before, have you?

« Reply #2110 on: May 13, 2018, 04:12:59 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I don't believe that I've ever seen Horford be this aggressive, before, have you?

Aggressive and physical.  Jaylen looks great too.  And Mook was able to get out of his own way after those 2 fouls.  Momentum aside, I think the Celts are just flat out the better team.  Neutralizing the impact LBJ has on a series will be tough, but the Celts are more talented and better on both sides of the ball.

« Reply #2111 on: May 13, 2018, 04:20:28 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Aggressive and physical.  Jaylen looks great too.  And Mook was able to get out of his own way after those 2 fouls.  Momentum aside, I think the Celts are just flat out the better team.  Neutralizing the impact LBJ has on a series will be tough, but the Celts are more talented and better on both sides of the ball.

A basketball does not have sides ;D.

« Reply #2112 on: May 13, 2018, 04:30:43 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Stupid, stupid tarheels.

How has your experience here been this far? Comfortable? Feel as though you've been heard? Care to hear a joke? Are you tired or hungry? I'm working on my other-thread hospitality. 

« Reply #2113 on: May 13, 2018, 04:37:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Stupid, stupid tarheels.

How has your experience here been this far? Comfortable? Feel as though you've been heard? Care to hear a joke? Are you tired or hungry? I'm working on my other-thread hospitality.

LOL, well, my connection has already twice timed out, so there's that ;D. Do you have a page on Yelp? ;D

« Reply #2114 on: May 14, 2018, 04:17:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Here we are -- the big 7k.  This is my first birthday in prison, so to speak, as  I'm not even permitted to post this in the appropriate thread.  But, I am grateful for another 1k posts.  Here's to CsBlog existing long enough for the next milestone.

Edit: Tiny Archibald!