Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280612 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #1650 on: May 01, 2018, 11:00:40 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Brutal, considering Raptors playoffs history could be a sweep!

« Reply #1651 on: May 01, 2018, 11:00:52 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I hope the Cavs sweep the Raptors and their franchise is decertified and moved to Las Vegas.

I have never seen a team play so d*&% scared ever. Stick with hockey guys...that game su*&ed from beginning to end and I'm depressed that there have to be three more of them.

Hockey not so good lately for them either..Bruins!

« Reply #1652 on: May 01, 2018, 11:01:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Toronto is done. Cooked.

« Reply #1653 on: May 01, 2018, 11:01:57 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
This just reinforces the fact that Derozan and Lowry are All-Star players who don't have an extra gear against elite competition.  It's really as simple as that.  I can't stand LeBron but nobody in the NBA can do more with less.

Hate him as we may, he can make fillet from Sand

Exactly. When is the last time LeBron lost a playoff series to a team without a top tier player and/or group of Hall of Famers?  People who ruled the Cavs out in this series forgot that LeBron took the Warriors 6 games without Kyrie and Kevin Love.  I can't pick against LeBron in any series where the opposing team doesn't have a true elite player.  He gets the benefit of the doubt until a team finally gets the best of him.

« Reply #1654 on: May 01, 2018, 11:02:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Don’t think anyone is beating the warriors. Nobody

« Reply #1655 on: May 01, 2018, 11:03:48 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Pelicans off to a good start. But Stephen Curry coming off the bench tonight.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1656 on: May 01, 2018, 11:03:51 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I'm really starting to think that if Brown is healthy and we get through Philly, perhaps we really can take either of these teams and advance to the Finals.

I mean, Toronto just doesn't have the mental makeup or character to get there, and if the Cavs make it through, Lebron is going to be absolutely gassed by our series.

And truthfully, we match up pretty well with both teams, and we have the defenders to both throw at Lebron and at Toronto's backcourt. I actually think we have a better shot against Cleveland than Toronto, though, as I think we matchup better with Cleveland and have the gameplan (let Lebron do his thing and shut down everyone else) to succeed in a series against them, let alone the coaching advantage.
I would like to think that too, but Love and Korver will just drain 3's when it matters against us and we will lose

« Reply #1657 on: May 01, 2018, 11:05:45 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Don’t think anyone is beating the warriors. Nobody

I agree that nobody is beating a healthy Warriors team.  They coasted through the season but we will see their best basketball against the Rockets.  Harden is notorious for struggling in pressure packed playoff games.  The Warriors have multiple defenders who can share the responsibility of dealing with him and Paul. 

« Reply #1658 on: May 01, 2018, 11:06:12 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480
Toronto is done. Cooked.

Man I would normally say, it is only 1 game.  But the way in which they lost that game, missing so many shots in the 4th quarter, having a chance to win the game at the end, your best player defers to a bench player with the game on the line.  Oh lordy, everything that happened in that game for Toronto makes them deserve the hottest of the hot takes right now.

« Reply #1659 on: May 01, 2018, 11:08:54 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
If the Raptors can teach us anything, it's that in the playoffs, you really do need a team of mentally tough players who won't be intimindated. That team is just milquetoast. No mental fortitude. And it's been that way for years.

Now think of what you've seen, in terms of mental makeup and ability to perform in the tensest playoff moments, from Kyrie , Smart, Brown, Horford, and Tatum. Heck, even Hayward was nails in the playoffs last year, his team was just outmatched. The character of the guys we have is just amazing.

Cleveland wins this series in 4.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #1660 on: May 01, 2018, 11:42:21 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
If the Raptors can teach us anything, it's that in the playoffs, you really do need a team of mentally tough players who won't be intimindated. That team is just milquetoast. No mental fortitude. And it's been that way for years.

Now think of what you've seen, in terms of mental makeup and ability to perform in the tensest playoff moments, from Kyrie , Smart, Brown, Horford, and Tatum. Heck, even Hayward was nails in the playoffs last year, his team was just outmatched. The character of the guys we have is just amazing.

Cleveland wins this series in 4.

I want it to go 6 or 7 with all games being close and OT to booot. This will exhaust LeWhine so much by the time the series is over.

« Reply #1661 on: May 01, 2018, 11:47:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Brace yourself. Moranis is coming

« Reply #1662 on: May 01, 2018, 11:51:22 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I dont get why Cavs fans would go to Celticsblog to gloat about them winning against the raps. They should go to RaptorsHQ.

« Reply #1663 on: May 01, 2018, 11:54:49 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The real reason the Cavs upset Toronto:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773794-drake-and-kendrick-perkins-exchange-words-during-raptors-vs-cavs-game-1

Props to the Cavs for a championship-level signing.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1664 on: May 01, 2018, 11:57:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

I dont get why Cavs fans would go to Celticsblog to gloat about them winning against the raps. They should go to RaptorsHQ.

He's a mod here and he does do a good job with that. It is a bit odd on a Celtics forum but we all have random fandoms
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:15:12 AM by celticsclay »