Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280669 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #1485 on: April 30, 2018, 09:07:51 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I can understand my ban and have some guilt/regret for past posts, but man I wish I was in that game thread right now.  Just tuning in but it looks like the Celts are playing great.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1486 on: April 30, 2018, 09:15:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I can understand my ban and have some guilt/regret for past posts, but man I wish I was in that game thread right now.  Just tuning in but it looks like the Celts are playing great.

Wait you're banned from the game threads?? What'd you do?  :o

That's actually a punishment on here?  ???
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1487 on: April 30, 2018, 09:24:40 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Apparently so.  I got a little too combative in the GTs during the peak of my Kyrie hate. 

What's the general sentiment in the thread? Solid games from Roze, Tatum, and Al?  Shocked by Simmons' stat line thus far - poorest I've seen in a long time.  Who has negated him?

« Reply #1488 on: April 30, 2018, 09:34:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

sorry to hear of the ban .....your a true Celtic fan. 

« Reply #1489 on: April 30, 2018, 09:35:33 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

sorry to hear of the ban .....your a true Celtic fan.

Thanks man.  I miss your one-liners and jokes.

« Reply #1490 on: April 30, 2018, 09:36:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Apparently so.  I got a little too combative in the GTs during the peak of my Kyrie hate. 

What's the general sentiment in the thread? Solid games from Roze, Tatum, and Al?  Shocked by Simmons' stat line thus far - poorest I've seen in a long time.  Who has negated him?

Aww man. Hope they lift it soon.

And the vibe is good. Some nerves (obviously) but it's been great so far with how the C's have been playing up to this point.

So wait, you can't even view the game thread during this ban??  :o

« Reply #1491 on: April 30, 2018, 09:38:38 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

And the vibe is good. Some nerves (obviously) but it's been great so far with how the C's have been playing up to this point.

Thanks -- that's good.  This team is going to be scary good next year.  Amazing how these guys have stepped up shorthanded.  Hope Brad is getting some credit too -- the man is a genius.  And nope - maybe if I made a burner account I could, but I can't stoop to Durant's level.

« Reply #1492 on: April 30, 2018, 09:47:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Thanks -- that's good.  This team is going to be scary good next year.  Amazing how these guys have stepped up shorthanded.  Hope Brad is getting some credit too -- the man is a genius.  And nope - maybe if I made a burner account I could, but I can't stoop to Durant's level.

LOL. Great to hear! And yeah, no Jaylen and they still have a pretty solid chance tonight.

« Reply #1493 on: April 30, 2018, 09:47:59 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Hang in there tars

« Reply #1494 on: April 30, 2018, 10:04:03 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Not trolling here - hope Celts can close this out for a great win.  But that quick hit play to end the qtr was smart and well-executed.  Brett Brown's also a great coach.  This is the series I was most hoping to see.  Super entertaining Game 1. 

« Reply #1495 on: May 01, 2018, 10:23:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Lebron with triple double tonight plays 43 minutes.   Not enough
Prediction

Raptors prevail.  .....Lakers fans Celebrate

« Reply #1496 on: May 01, 2018, 11:07:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I think Toronto will win game 1, however if the Cavs win I expect a sweep as that will absolutely break Toronto.  As I said I expect the Raptors to win game 1 (and also game 5), and that the Cavs will win the series in 6 (Games 2, 3, 4, 6)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1497 on: May 01, 2018, 11:12:53 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I think Toronto will win game 1, however if the Cavs win I expect a sweep as that will absolutely break Toronto.  As I said I expect the Raptors to win game 1 (and also game 5), and that the Cavs will win the series in 6 (Games 2, 3, 4, 6)

There is some serious pressure on the Raptors this series.  It feels like the culmination of everything they have built over the past 4 years.  I don't think they will ever have a better opportunity to make it to the NBA Finals.

« Reply #1498 on: May 01, 2018, 11:45:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I expect the Raptors to win. LBJ exhausted himself to beat a lesser team in the Pacers. He's going to get worn down against the Raptors.

Meanwhile the Cavs defense is bad, and they aren't as susceptible to the junk high double like Oladipo was. If you try that against he Raptors as more than a change up mid game they'll pick you apart.

« Reply #1499 on: May 01, 2018, 11:48:43 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
It's funny how people are underestimating the Raptors and overlooking huge weaknesses on the Cavs just because they expect Lebron to always win. This Cavs team is ripe for the picking.