Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280625 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #1455 on: April 29, 2018, 04:03:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Toronto's going to sweep the Cavs.
if sny team sweeps it will be the one that swept the other last year.  The Cavs are a terrible matchup for the Raptors because they have no one that can even pretend to guard James.

This is not the same Cavs team of last year. They barely scraped by the Pacers. Toronto's going to sweep them.
the Pacers are the worst possible matchup for the Cavs. The Raptors are not.  The Raptors can't stop James, Lowry isn't the player he once was and DeRozan doesn't have the ball skills Oladipo does. I don't think the Cavs will sweep but it wouldn't surprise me either for the reasons mentioned above.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1456 on: April 29, 2018, 04:03:59 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480
if any team sweeps it will be the one that swept the other last year.  The Cavs are a terrible matchup for the Raptors because they have no one that can even pretend to guard James.

wow, that is a major hot take there.  I don't think there is anyway the Cavs are sweeping the Rapt.  Do you have stock in the cavs?

« Reply #1457 on: April 29, 2018, 04:09:42 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
if sny team sweeps it will be the one that swept the other last year.  The Cavs are a terrible matchup for the Raptors because they have no one that can even pretend to guard James.

This is not the same Cavs team of last year. They barely scraped by the Pacers. Toronto's going to sweep them. The Raptors have too much depth, and much , much better coaching. The Cavs have Lebron and that's about it.

This

And how are the Cavs going to guard the Raptors' offense? The Cavs have a collection of some of the worst defensive players in the league. And their offense doesn't flow, either.

They are in big trouble.

« Reply #1458 on: April 29, 2018, 04:11:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah I acknowledge CLE is terrible this year, but no way in hell TOR is sweeping them.

I think it goes 6-7 games, but honestly if TOR wants to win, they need to try to win it in 6 games. Even with home court, I wouldn't like Toronto's chances in a Game 7 b/c of Lebron and what he's done in those kind of games (today included).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1459 on: April 29, 2018, 04:14:32 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
The Raptors will have talent advantages at 3 to 4 positions at all times.

This is a huge problem for any team.

My biggest concern with Toronto is their propensity for choking. Other than that they are deep, well-rounded, and generally pretty stacked.

« Reply #1460 on: April 29, 2018, 04:16:18 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I seriously doubt either the Raps or Cavs will sweep that series.  Toronto is clearly the better overall team, but they just have to many mental lapses to make this easy on themselves.  I suspect it will go 7 games.

« Reply #1461 on: April 29, 2018, 04:29:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
if any team sweeps it will be the one that swept the other last year.  The Cavs are a terrible matchup for the Raptors because they have no one that can even pretend to guard James.

Scorching hot take here

« Reply #1462 on: April 29, 2018, 04:29:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I honestly have an eerie feeling Game 1 is going to be ugly for us tomorrow night.

Likely no Brown, and also a very quick turnaround from an emotional Game 7 to Game 1 with just one off day in between.

Jazz had a similar situation, winning Game 6 on Friday and playing Game 1 now, and they are currently down 20 to HOU and on pace to surrender 70 to them by halftime

« Reply #1463 on: April 29, 2018, 04:30:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I honestly have an eerie feeling Game 1 is going to be ugly for us tomorrow night.

Likely no Brown, and also a very quick turnaround from an emotional Game 7 to Game 1 with just one off day in between.

Jazz had a similar situation, winning Game 6 on Friday and playing Game 1 now, and they are currently down 20 to HOU and on pace to surrender 70 to them by halftime

Yeah, and the Jazz lost Rubio to a hamstring injury too

« Reply #1464 on: April 29, 2018, 04:35:04 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Man, Houston is just too good.

I realize the Jazz were due for an emotional letdown after their series with OKC, and are also without Rubio, but this Rockets team is just impossible to stop when Harden and Paul are clicking like this.  And to top it off, the Rockets are actually a good defensive team.

As much as I'd like to see Utah win this series, as they're a really fun team, I'd be happy to see a Rockets-Warriors WCF matchup.  That should be good theater.

« Reply #1465 on: April 29, 2018, 04:46:36 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Thankfully Philly isn’t in the same league as Houston or GS.

« Reply #1466 on: April 29, 2018, 04:48:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, and the Jazz lost Rubio to a hamstring injury too

Yep, but Rubio may miss like the first 4 games of the series, while Brown may only miss 1 (hopefully).

« Reply #1467 on: April 29, 2018, 04:54:12 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1480
I seriously doubt either the Raps or Cavs will sweep that series.  Toronto is clearly the better overall team, but they just have to many mental lapses to make this easy on themselves.  I suspect it will go 7 games.

This is about what I think as well.  I expect a close series.  Hope it goes 7 games either way, just in case we get past philly.

« Reply #1468 on: April 29, 2018, 05:43:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/990677829389111306?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fcleveland-cavaliers&tfw_site=bleacherreport

The Cavs have the worst Offensive Efficiency of any team in the playoffs . And have held the Pacers to 96 points. And Mark Jackson key takeaway is the Cavs need to play better defensively to move on.

Meanwhile, Doris Burke is stuck on sideline duty.

;D

Drake will have a heckuva time next round when Burke will be on sideline duty  ;D

Hey, if he continues to focus on "DB", and I seriously cannot believe that people are allowed to call any woman as such on television even with her initials because, at the very minimum, #NotAGoodLook lol ;D, at least we won't have to see him on camera. Dude's an assclown. Like, seriously, stop getting into it with players both at the game and on Twitter. I get it that he's a yuge fan, but come on ::).

« Reply #1469 on: April 29, 2018, 05:48:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

This is not the same Cavs team of last year. They barely scraped by the Pacers. Toronto's going to sweep them. The Raptors have too much depth, and much , much better coaching. The Cavs have Lebron and that's about it.

This

And how are the Cavs going to guard the Raptors' offense? The Cavs have a collection of some of the worst defensive players in the league. And their offense doesn't flow, either.

They are in big trouble.
except they don't. This Cavs team is not a bad defensive team. They are a better defensive team then prior years with better individual defenders. If they weren't so bad on offense they woild have beaten the Pacers rather easily and the Pacers are a much worse matchup for them.    I suspect they will start Thompson, Love, James, Smith, and Hill against the Raptors.  Only Love is a negative individual defender and it isn't like Ibaka can take advantage of that.  The Cavs beat Toronto in the two games post all the trades.  They swept them last year because Toronto just can't defend James.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip