Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280654 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #1305 on: April 28, 2018, 01:13:24 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
So, uh, yeah - George is LA bound, huh? Why the hell would he want to stay here with this dysfunctional team and Westbrook’s domineering style? Russ is on track to take 40 (!) shots tonight, with George the next most at 12! That’s insane!

An OKC loss tonight combined with a Cavs loss on Sunday could very well mean George and Lebron in LA next year. Still won’t be enough on their own, though.

Perhaps not. There are rumors that he could possibly sign with the Sixers, instead. Now that would truly be a nightmare, lol. Just go back to Indiana, Paul, as that's where you belong, imo.

Either going to Philly would def be a nightmare.

I don't know about that, as I just can't see Lebron and Simmons being able to coexist, like at all, but plug George into Covington's spot and holy crap, lol.

Edit - better idea. Indiana notwithstanding, dude should go to New Orleans. Come on, I want to see Rondo and George play together like one time, lol, and a lineup of Rondo, Holiday, George, Mirotic (or whoever), and Davis is, like, deng :o.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 01:24:37 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #1306 on: April 28, 2018, 01:14:33 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Should have closed it out in 5 anyway so...

« Reply #1307 on: April 28, 2018, 01:16:59 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Lol how the hell do you miss that as the refs? That’s an automatic foul literally every other time it happens. God, NBA officiating is such an effing joke.

But why the hell would OKC not foul there sooner either??
Absolute comedy of errors

Or how about the George three before that that they called “not in the act of shooting” when it clearly was. It’s just comical how freaking inconsistent and terrible NBA officiating is. Totally affects the outcome of games with how bad it is.

« Reply #1308 on: April 28, 2018, 01:16:59 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
In the post-game interview, Mmitchell said he hopes to one day be a Celtic.  That's kinda cool.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #1309 on: April 28, 2018, 01:16:59 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
That was definitely a foul on Gobert

Not a playoff foul. I hate that shooting while moving sideways into the man call anyway. The Paul George from Indiana would've just shot it. How many times at the end of a playoff game does he think he's going to get that call?

« Reply #1310 on: April 28, 2018, 01:18:29 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
In the post-game interview, Mmitchell said he hopes to one day be a Celtic.  That's kinda cool.

He'd wish he didn't say that, especially when he's playing for Utah.

« Reply #1311 on: April 28, 2018, 01:18:51 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
What the heck was that about?? George should have been shooting 3 free throws two different times. Disgusting. I am actually thinking how much time I want to invest in watching the NBA right now

« Reply #1312 on: April 28, 2018, 01:19:31 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

He'd wish he didn't say that, especially when he's playing for Utah.

I didn’t hear him say that. They showed a graphic of top three most points scored in first six career playoff games.

Also, George 2-16 for 5 points LOL

« Reply #1313 on: April 28, 2018, 01:19:34 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Not a playoff foul. I hate that shooting while moving sideways into the man call anyway. The Paul George from Indiana would've just shot it. How many times at the end of a playoff game does he think he's going to get that call?

There should be no such thing, anyway, as the game should be officiated the same way both in the playoffs and the regular reason, imo.

« Reply #1314 on: April 28, 2018, 01:22:17 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1676
That Paul George three will show up in the L2M report. 

I'm happy to see a likable young team beat a terribly-constructed team, though. 

Didn't expect Melo to fall this far this fast.  Adams is a roleplayer.  OKC is left with Westbrook and George to create offense, and if one of them is off, they lose.  I was hoping that OKC would somehow see enough success to keep PG.  Quite frankly I don't see him as a threat there, whereas he definitely is if he goes to a place like Philly.  But after seeing this series and knowing that OKC has no avenue to substantially improve (capped out, few assets to trade for help, no young assets who project to develop into something), he'd has to know that he'd be hurting himself if he stays.

« Reply #1315 on: April 28, 2018, 01:24:58 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

There should be no such thing, anyway, as the game should be officiated the same way both in the playoffs and the regular reason, imo.

Yep. While I agree they need to really change those rules and stop calling those fouls, they’ve literally made that call all season long and all playoffs long. That’s an absolute joke of a missed call and just highlights the incompetence of modern NBA officiating that it’s legitimately too much to ask for them to be consistent.

And that’s not even talking about the other three free throws George was robbed of...

« Reply #1316 on: April 28, 2018, 02:08:48 AM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
So the reigning MVP is eliminated after getting 2 other all-stars to play with.  Hope he likes scoring 40 on bad teams since that's what's gonna happen for years to come since nobody will want to play with him.

Also, this doesn't bode well for us as the NBA just lost Russ and PG for the 2nd round.  No Wade either.  No Wall and Beal.  Now I fear the NBA is gonna do even more to make sure Giannis and Lebron get through to the 2nd round.

« Reply #1317 on: April 28, 2018, 02:49:20 AM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
As a lakers fan, I wish George had a little more athleticism, but you'd be dumb not to try and get him (even at the max).

« Reply #1318 on: April 28, 2018, 04:06:14 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
It looks like Danny Ainge did the right thing and not gut the roster (including BKN 2017) for a one-year rental of Paul George.

Abysmal Game 6 performance.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1319 on: April 28, 2018, 04:26:04 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
So the reigning MVP is eliminated after getting 2 other all-stars to play with.  Hope he likes scoring 40 on bad teams since that's what's gonna happen for years to come since nobody will want to

Playing devils advocate  here was there anyone to pass too ? PG went 2/16 !