Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 280676 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2018, 09:29:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Well, hopefully Wade isn't the GOAT in the second half.  That was pretty annoying. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2018, 09:29:18 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Olynyk is playing like Al Horford honestly. It seems like he has improved his handles.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2018, 09:29:48 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Amazing what a change in pace does. Without Embiid, this Philly team really struggles to score in the halfcourt. Even though largely surrounded by shooters, in the halfcourt set Simmons being a non-shooter is a big problem, as that allows the defender to really sag off him and prevent any significant penetration. It's essentially what they used to do to Rondo.

Yes j potter. Yes!

Literally said the same thing sooner minus the negative slant. 

Without Embiid, the Sixers need to keep the pace fast.  Miami is controlling the flow by mucking things up.

You guys hate on the Sixers too much.   >:(
It's a counter reaction to the doom and gloom 76ers are great post we get jammed down our throats on a Celtics forum. We literally have a thread asking if we are doomed

« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2018, 09:31:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
I'm pretty interested to see how this young Philly team responds in an away arena in the playoffs, which I think will have a substantial effect on the young guys.

If things continue as they have in the second half, they'll head to Miami with a tied series and a substantial need to split the games in Miami if they have any hope of taking this series. That's a tall order for such a young team to do on the road.

« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2018, 09:33:26 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Amazing what a change in pace does. Without Embiid, this Philly team really struggles to score in the halfcourt. Even though largely surrounded by shooters, in the halfcourt set Simmons being a non-shooter is a big problem, as that allows the defender to really sag off him and prevent any significant penetration. It's essentially what they used to do to Rondo.

Yes j potter. Yes!

Without Embiid, the Sixers need to keep the pace fast.  Miami is controlling the flow by mucking things up.

It's a counter reaction to the doom and gloom 76ers are great post we get jammed down our throats on a Celtics forum. We literally have a thread asking if we are doomed

That's fair.  Though I think about 50% of those posts are meant to be at least somewhat inflammatory.  The cycle perpetuates itself.

« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2018, 09:35:11 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Brett Brown sounds like a part-time hitman for the mob.  Seems like a legend.

« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
D Wade in time machine performance.

Go Heat!

The Cavs should've kept him and Rose. They would've both been handy in the playoffs....

« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2018, 09:38:23 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yes j potter. Yes!

Yeah, as a Celtics fan on a Celtics-themed blog, I would put it not that we hate the Sixers too much, but that you have too much of an infatuation with Philly.  :)

I actually like Philly. I'm not really a fan of Embiid, as I find him annoying, but I really love Simmons' game and potential, along with Covington. Brown is a really good coach, too.

My substantial rooting interest against Philly in this series is based on several factors: (a) the fact that they are constantly overhyped due to having two marketable young stars and plenty of drama to write about, even on this blog, (b) the fact that they are a historical rival and in our own conference, let alone division, and (c) the fact that Boston and Philly are clearly going to own the East, and probably the entire league, for the next decade or so, meaning we will inevitably be measured against them.

« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2018, 09:43:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Yes j potter. Yes!

Yeah, as a Celtics fan on a Celtics-themed blog, I would put it not that we hate the Sixers too much, but that you have too much of an infatuation with Philly.  :)

I actually like Philly. I'm not really a fan of Embiid, as I find him annoying, but I really love Simmons' game and potential, along with Covington. Brown is a really good coach, too.

My substantial rooting interest against Philly in this series is based on several factors: (a) the fact that they are constantly overhyped due to having two marketable young stars and plenty of drama to write about, even on this blog, (b) the fact that they are a historical rival and in our own conference, let alone division, and (c) the fact that Boston and Philly are clearly going to own the East, and probably the entire league, for the next decade or so, meaning we will inevitably be measured against them.

I am a fan.  They're fun to watch and well-coached.  I'd jump off a bridge if Brown told me to.  I also just love bball and a 2nd outlet for that is nice, and am killin' 2 birds by pumping up like 5 fantasy players' value.  I do agree that some of the hype's over the top.  But it'll be good to have a rivalry in the East.  And I'm not too worried about them yet - don't trust Embiid's long-term health at all.

« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2018, 09:47:25 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Super impressed with Richardson's D.

Must say that I was wrong about Simmons' D, too. All year long he has been a fairly solid to good defender out on the perimeter, which was not at all expected of him coming out of college.

« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2018, 09:50:02 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Super impressed with Richardson's D.

That's exactly the way the Celts should defend Giannis.

« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2018, 09:50:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Old friend Amir Johnson is having a really solid game.

« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

Yes j potter. Yes!

I am a fan.  They're fun to watch and well-coached.  I'd jump off a bridge if Brown told me to.  I also just love bball and a 2nd outlet for that is nice, and am killin' 2 birds by pumping up like 5 fantasy players' value.  I do agree that some of the hype's over the top.  But it'll be good to have a rivalry in the East.  And I'm not too worried about them yet - don't trust Embiid's long-term health at all.

The 76ers are like the Lakers but in the East. They have a historic rivalry in the division with the Celtics and cannot be rooted for!

Idc about the Raptors, Knicks, or Nets. They aren't too big for the C's imo. The New York/Boston rivalry is just meh in basketball.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2018, 09:58:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Olynyk is playing like Al Horford honestly. It seems like he has improved his handles.

4 points and 2 rebounds! Keep up the good work Nolynyk!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #284 on: April 16, 2018, 10:05:17 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

4 points and 2 rebounds! Keep up the good work Nolynyk!
7 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal. +13. 2/4, 1/1, 2/2. He's playing pretty well.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out