Author Topic: Cassel Traded to Chiefs  (Read 24361 times)

Re: Cassel Traded to Chiefs
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2009, 02:50:08 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I think we really need to wait and see on this.  The idea that Belichick passed on a better deal that this one is absurd.  BB doesn't do things like that.  Furthermore, let's see what he does with all of this cap room and the 6 picks he'll have in the first three rounds. 

Likely 7.  They are most likely going to get a 3rd round compensatory pick (will be very end of the round) for the loss of Asante.

I think that is how the OP got 6:
1 1st round
3 2nd round
1 3rd round
1 3rd round compensatory pick

yea, for some reason I thought they had a second third rounder and the compensatory would mean a 3rd...oh well.

« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2009, 03:02:07 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
As a Chiefs fan, this is exciting news.  Cassel will need all of the mobility he showed last season and then some.  But he's got a great cast of skill players and if he can stay upright, should be a big upgrade for the Chiefs.

As a Patriots fan also, I'm confused.

Considering the Chiefs' sorry QB situation, this deal is an absolute heist. You get your QB of the future, and a leadership guy who can set the tone as you shift to the 3-4.

I'm guessing Bill wanted to help Pioli out while saving some serious bank. No other way to explain it.

sounds like an Ainge / McHale thing...

Yeah, except that Belichick was McHale.

McHale landed Al Jefferson...he doesn't need to explain anything.

« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2009, 03:11:19 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
i originally thought that the pats got the number 2 pick.
I was disappointed with that...you can imagine my horror when i saw it was a second rounder.

But in defense of the organization, we felt we didn't need an aging player like vraebel with an outstanding player like mayo, and Cassel was costing us a bunch of cash.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?