Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 122364 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2023, 11:36:34 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Tatum on Horford: “Someone that really took me under his wing…periodically and randomly throughout my first year would ask me how I’m doing, how I’m adjusting.” “Never late. Always on time … getting work in in the gym, taking care of his body.” – via Twitter RealBobManning

Jayson Tatum on Al Horford: “As I’ve gotten older, our relationship has grown. It’s based off respect and the respect that I have for him, and likewise. We know we need each other.” Says he sits next to Horford on the plane and calls him his “favorite teammate.”  – via Twitter SouichiTerada

I think it's weird that Tatum publicly names his favorite teammates.  Last year, he named his favorite coach, and it was Ime rather than Joe.

Not a big deal, just something I can't relate to in my workplace, haha.

I agree, although in fairness he is a fickle lover; last year he proclaimed Rob as his favorite, didn't he??  (the coaching pick was definitely awkward, though).

« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2023, 11:57:09 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1454
Tatum on Horford: “Someone that really took me under his wing…periodically and randomly throughout my first year would ask me how I’m doing, how I’m adjusting.” “Never late. Always on time … getting work in in the gym, taking care of his body.” – via Twitter RealBobManning

Jayson Tatum on Al Horford: “As I’ve gotten older, our relationship has grown. It’s based off respect and the respect that I have for him, and likewise. We know we need each other.” Says he sits next to Horford on the plane and calls him his “favorite teammate.”  – via Twitter SouichiTerada

I think it's weird that Tatum publicly names his favorite teammates.  Last year, he named his favorite coach, and it was Ime rather than Joe.

Believe it was Washburn who asked him specifically about his relationship with Horford.

https://x.com/NBCSCeltics/status/1725005308223770821?s=20
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2023, 11:58:25 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1213

I agree, although in fairness he is a fickle lover; last year he proclaimed Rob as his favorite, didn't he??  (the coaching pick was definitely awkward, though).

I don't think I would call him fickle for that, Rob isn't his teammate anymore
I'm bitter.

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2023, 08:57:29 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
John Karalis: Jaylen Brown and Kristaps Porzingis both listed as questionable for tomorrow night. Al Horford is on the report with a left big toe sprain, but he’s probable. – via Twitter John_Karalis
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2023, 11:45:26 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Celtics now have the best record in the NBA.  8)

« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2023, 11:49:22 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1827
Celtics now have the best record in the NBA.  8)

The best team with the best record makes sense.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2023, 04:23:25 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Jared Weiss: Kristaps Porziņģis and Jayson Tatum received nominations for East player of the week, which went to Jalen Brunson. – via Twitter JaredWeissNBA

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2023, 07:42:11 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
 :)

Brian Robb: Celtics say no injuries to report for Wednesday night against the Bucks so Al Horford and Derrick White will be back in action tomorrow night.  – via Twitter BrianTRobb

« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2023, 01:52:44 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Jayson Tatum called Celtics' players-only meeting before season to talk out potential playing time issues

With Jrue Holiday now in the fold, the Celtics had six starting-quality players — and only five spots to put them in, meaning one of them wouldn’t be introduced as a starter, and one would be sitting on the pine in the closing minutes of games. Both topics quickly were injected into the bloodstream in Boston, with plenty of fans and those in the media opining about how it should go. But rather than letting it fester, and allowing one of the league’s biggest unanswered questions to spiral into a narrative, Jayson Tatum gathered his five teammates in a room at the team’s practice facility — without any coaches, or anyone else. He wanted to address the obvious elephant in the room. “I wanted us to get in the room and talk about it,” Tatum told ESPN. “We all are human and have feelings, and I opened the floor and basically said, ‘There’s six of us. Only five can play at one time. One of us is not going to finish the game all the time. “Whether it’s fair or not, me and JB are probably going to always start, and always finish the game. But we have to be held to a different standard and be able to be coached differently. Whether it’s KP and Al, one of you guys may not finish a game, and you have to be OK with that.” – via Tim Bontemps @ ESPN

« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2023, 07:37:41 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384
Jayson Tatum called Celtics' players-only meeting before season to talk out potential playing time issues

With Jrue Holiday now in the fold, the Celtics had six starting-quality players — and only five spots to put them in, meaning one of them wouldn’t be introduced as a starter, and one would be sitting on the pine in the closing minutes of games. Both topics quickly were injected into the bloodstream in Boston, with plenty of fans and those in the media opining about how it should go. But rather than letting it fester, and allowing one of the league’s biggest unanswered questions to spiral into a narrative, Jayson Tatum gathered his five teammates in a room at the team’s practice facility — without any coaches, or anyone else. He wanted to address the obvious elephant in the room. “I wanted us to get in the room and talk about it,” Tatum told ESPN. “We all are human and have feelings, and I opened the floor and basically said, ‘There’s six of us. Only five can play at one time. One of us is not going to finish the game all the time. “Whether it’s fair or not, me and JB are probably going to always start, and always finish the game. But we have to be held to a different standard and be able to be coached differently. Whether it’s KP and Al, one of you guys may not finish a game, and you have to be OK with that.” – via Tim Bontemps @ ESPN

Good of him to take leadership and address the elephant in the room so there's no miscommunications or hurt feelings or bruised egos going forward.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2023, 06:47:33 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Boston Celtics: Kristaps Porzingis: “I absolutely love playing with JB. We’re starting to connect more and more and it’s becoming natural for us.  via Twitter celtics

« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2023, 12:17:20 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Kristaps Porzingis doesn't think calf injury is serious

“Nothing with the floor, it just randomly happened,” he said. “It’s hard to say (when I’ll be back). Tomorrow, MRI and we’ll go from there. Honestly [I don’t feel concerned], such a random one that happened. I don’t think it’s anything serious. I look to bounce back real fast from this one.” – via Boston Globe

« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2023, 12:34:55 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1245
With KP potentially missing a couple of games, our depth at Center will be more glaring. I hope Brad brings in a vet even for a 10 day contract.

« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2023, 02:59:21 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384
With KP potentially missing a couple of games, our depth at Center will be more glaring. I hope Brad brings in a vet even for a 10 day contract.

It's an opportunity for Nieta and Stevens to get some minutes. That might be a better use of minutes than some guy to come in for 10 days trying to figure out how he fits in.

Every team goes through injuries...it's an opportunity for us to see what our depth is going to be like. When you spend $165m (up to the luxury tax) on your top six, then you won't have much for the rest of the team, of necessity. I don't even have Stevens and Queta on this graphic, I put it together before they were signed, but they were only a couple mill each  ;D

That said I suspect there will be a bit more angst in the game threads as we watch the bench guys stumble, bumble and fumble around if there are starters out for any period of time  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2023, 03:40:14 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 417
Hope we get a vet but time to see what big Q can do
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin