Author Topic: Report: Gallinari signing with Celtics upon clearing waivers  (Read 17855 times)

Re: Rumor: Gallo choosing between Celts and Bulls
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2022, 08:38:02 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
We just need one, and perhaps two guys. I thought we had a 6.9M TPE in addition to the bigger 17M one anyway. Those give us a lot more options don't they? We can include picks if we need to, and we have more room to reach.

When the big stuff falls, there may be some pretty interesting opportunities. We might trade someone. I don't think we have to compromise at all.

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2022, 08:42:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We just need one, and perhaps two guys. I thought we had a 6.9M TPE in addition to the bigger 17M one anyway. Those give us a lot more options don't they? We can include picks if we need to, and we have more room to reach.

When the big stuff falls, there may be some pretty interesting opportunities. We might trade someone. I don't think we have to compromise at all.

Getting a decent scorer / good shooter with size isn’t really a compromise, though.  He’d be making less than half than a guy like Duncan Roninson.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2022, 08:56:29 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Gallinari played 25 mpg and averaged 4.7 rebs and 1.5 assists. He'll be 34 at the start of the season.

We have 3 good bigs. Yes, he can still shoot 3's, but he's got zero athleticism left, and can't defend at all.

Would the Clippers trade Norm Powell for young players/and/or picks? Would the Nets do a sign and trade for Bruce Brown? Those are competitive 2 way guys. I'd want a player I could trust in a tight playoff series. Not filler.

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2022, 09:01:09 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Gallinari played 25 mpg and averaged 4.7 rebs and 1.5 assists. He'll be 34 at the start of the season.

We have 3 good bigs. Yes, he can still shoot 3's, but he's got zero athleticism left, and can't defend at all.

Would the Clippers trade Norm Powell for young players/and/or picks? Would the Nets do a sign and trade for Bruce Brown? Those are competitive 2 way guys. I'd want a player I could trust in a tight playoff series. Not filler.

We can’t sign-and-trade for anybody, realistically.  The Clips aren’t trading Powell, either.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2022, 09:06:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

He never had athleticism. But a very good shooter and smart player. We could do a lot worse than him. Could spell Horford and Rob. He defends bigs decently.

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2022, 09:08:06 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Gallo is not bad, but rather go after Otto Porter if possible.

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2022, 09:23:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Quote from: Mark Murphy
The Celtics went into the first night of free agency with the simple goal of adding scoring and shooting depth still very much at hand.

A league source told the Herald on Thursday that one of their main targets was Danilo Gallinari, and as of early Friday evening the 6-10 wing forward remained a very real possibility. According to Bleacher Report’s Jake Fischer, the Celtics and Chicago were the 33-year-old’s top two choices.

The Celtics’ main bid for the Italian star was their $6.5 million taxpayer mid-level exception, and their deep playoff prospects. The same credentials, of course, put them in contention for such free agent shooters and scorers as Donte DiVincenzo and T.J. Warren.

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2022, 09:28:33 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
Quote from: Mark Murphy
The Celtics went into the first night of free agency with the simple goal of adding scoring and shooting depth still very much at hand.

A league source told the Herald on Thursday that one of their main targets was Danilo Gallinari, and as of early Friday evening the 6-10 wing forward remained a very real possibility. According to Bleacher Report’s Jake Fischer, the Celtics and Chicago were the 33-year-old’s top two choices.

The Celtics’ main bid for the Italian star was their $6.5 million taxpayer mid-level exception, and their deep playoff prospects. The same credentials, of course, put them in contention for such free agent shooters and scorers as Donte DiVincenzo and T.J. Warren.

I'd rather take a shot on Warren, I think. Huge upside...injury risks and all. He'd be absolutely perfect if he came back to anything close to what he was. And he's likely to take an Oladipo type opportunity to prove himself on a winner. Come here on a small deal, rest up, and prove that you are what you are.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2022, 09:29:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Is Gallinari  any better than TJ Warren at this stage in their careers? Galinari is 33 years old and showing signs of slowing down. TJ Warren is younger and in my opinion a better scorer overall, similar size to Gallinari. Why all the fuss on Gallinari and not many reports on Warren?

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2022, 09:33:35 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Is Gallinari  any better than TJ Warren at this stage in their careers? Galinari is 33 years old and showing signs of slowing down. TJ Warren is younger and in my opinion a better scorer overall, similar size to Gallinari. Why all the fuss on Gallinari and not many reports on Warren?

Warren has played 4 games the last two years - major injuries. If healthy he would be way, way, way above Gallo. No idea whether he’s healthy now or how teams evaluate his medical risk.

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2022, 09:33:40 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Is Galinari any better than TJ Warren at this stage in their careers? Galinari is 33 years old and showing signs of slowing down. TJ Warren is younger and in my opinion a better scorer overall, similar size to Galinari. Why all the fuss on Galinari and not many reports on Warren?

TJ Warren is 6’8”, hasn’t played for 2 years and averages 41 games over 8 years.  Gallo is 6’10” and has played 50+ games for 7 of the last 8 seasons.  Gallo is a better role player.

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2022, 09:35:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Warren might be looking for more than the Taxpayer MLE.  He's definitely got more upside than Gallinari, but he's probably got more downside, too.

Keep in mind, all we have to offer is the Taxpayer MLE, the same money that the injured, significantly less productive, soon-to-be 35 year old Joe Ingles got.

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2022, 09:51:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Is everything else on hold until Gallo makes up his mind?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 09:57:00 PM by liam »

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2022, 10:02:15 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Durant

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2022, 10:11:30 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67