Author Topic: Summer of Durant Part II (Durant asks for trade)  (Read 16574 times)

Re: Summer of Durant Part II?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2022, 02:49:11 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Nets not trading KD unless he asks for it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2022, 03:12:27 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
REALGM:

"This is getting acrimonious," said Wojnarowksi of the talks. "I think that's the concern when you look at not only Kyrie Irving's future in Brooklyn, but Kevin Durant's future and whether they can hold this thing together right now."
With Cryrie, any bad result is possible for the Nets.

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2022, 11:50:40 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
All the names mentioned in this thread are great suggestions and ultimately, if KD wanted out, the Nets would have their pick of whichever young star they want to build around alongside Simmons.

JB, Ingram, JJJ, even Herro+space. These guys already have big impact on the court and it isn’t inconceivable for them to develop even further if the team is built around them. In particular, JB and Ingram are at the top of that list IMO
- LilRip

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2022, 12:09:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I genuinely don't understand how any talented team with current young (or up-and coming young) stars and a good culture can actually entertain bringing Kyrie Irving into the building. Like the Lakers and Knicks rumors make sense mainly because those teams are dysfunctional anyways with a not-so-great Front Office. Not sure why anyone else like Miami, Dallas, etc. would think about adding him though.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2022, 12:36:38 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I wonder if Memphis would break up their team to land Durant and pair him with Morant. That would be an incredible duo. Like a better Russell Westbrook.

I wonder if they'd be willing to part with Jaren Jackson. If they were, that would give them a very strong offer. I also wonder if BKN would consider an alternate offer of Steven Adams, Dillon Brooks, Bane, maybe B.Clarke, multiple future picks. If they would be able to hold onto JJJ and keep him to pair with Durant and Morant.

Durant and Morant = gotta make that happen.
If he wants out and I were running Brooklyn, Memphis would be my first phone call.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2022, 04:28:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
All the names mentioned in this thread are great suggestions and ultimately, if KD wanted out, the Nets would have their pick of whichever young star they want to build around alongside Simmons.

JB, Ingram, JJJ, even Herro+space. These guys already have big impact on the court and it isn’t inconceivable for them to develop even further if the team is built around them. In particular, JB and Ingram are at the top of that list IMO

You don’t build anything alongside simmons. You just hope he actually wants to play basketball again.

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2022, 07:19:00 PM »

Offline wikkid1

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
REALGM:

"This is getting acrimonious," said Wojnarowksi of the talks. "I think that's the concern when you look at not only Kyrie Irving's future in Brooklyn, but Kevin Durant's future and whether they can hold this thing together right now."
With Cryrie, any bad result is possible for the Nets.

Let’s hope so.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2022, 07:25:45 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
As a reminder, the Nets outright owe Houston unprotected 1sts in 2024 and 2026, and have unprotected swaps with them in 2023, 2025, and 2027 as part of the Harden deal.

This could get really bad for the Nets really quickly, for the second time in a decade.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2022, 09:06:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
As a reminder, the Nets outright owe Houston unprotected 1sts in 2024 and 2026, and have unprotected swaps with them in 2023, 2025, and 2027 as part of the Harden deal.

This could get really bad for the Nets really quickly, for the second time in a decade.
They also own Philly's 1st in 23 and 27. That does allow them to trade a pick in the next draft since they have Philly's and the lesser or theirs or Houston's.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2022, 09:08:27 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

They also own Philly's 1st in 23 and 27. That does allow them to trade a pick in the next draft since they have Philly's and the lesser or theirs or Houston's.

You’re missing the point.  If their team blows up because of this, they could be sending a lot of high draft picks away.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2022, 09:44:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

You’re missing the point.  If their team blows up because of this, they could be sending a lot of high draft picks away.
I didn't miss that point at all.  They are arguably better off trading Durant for younger pieces.  The fact that they own Philly's picks, give them more chances to do things, which was the point I was making. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2022, 12:27:09 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Celtics Twitter is going crazy tonight. Durant liked Scals’ tweet proposing trading Jaylen for Durant, and Jaylen liked tweet saying Celtics fans really disrespect Him. All the Celtic fans are freaking out that his feelings are hurt and telling him how much they love him. Kind of wild.

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2022, 12:33:01 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Celtics Twitter is going crazy tonight. Durant liked Scals’ tweet proposing trading Jaylen for Durant, and Jaylen liked tweet saying Celtics fans really disrespect Him. All the Celtic fans are freaking out that his feelings are hurt and telling him how much they love him. Kind of wild.

If I were an NBA player I’d stay off of Twitter the last week of June and first week of February.  Very easy to get your feelings hurt — I know I couldn’t take it.

Also, shame on Scal for tweeting something like that.  He’s a borderline organizational mouthpiece — I’d be ticked if I were Jaylen.

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2022, 12:47:31 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I didn't miss that point at all.  They are arguably better off trading Durant for younger pieces.  The fact that they own Philly's picks, give them more chances to do things, which was the point I was making.

Are you saying it doesn’t matter if they go young and get worse and just send the lottery picks from a rebuild to Houston?

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2022, 01:30:36 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I genuinely don't understand how any talented team with current young (or up-and coming young) stars and a good culture can actually entertain bringing Kyrie Irving into the building. Like the Lakers and Knicks rumors make sense mainly because those teams are dysfunctional anyways with a not-so-great Front Office. Not sure why anyone else like Miami, Dallas, etc. would think about adding him though.

Well for Miami they aren't young and has kind of hit a ceiling, and Dallas has also kind of hit a ceiling.