Author Topic: Summer League 2022  (Read 11457 times)

Re: Summer League 2022
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 09:46:59 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I would love to see  John Butler invited to our Summer League Team. There are some very interesting undrafted players floating around out there.

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2022, 10:15:08 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Summer league should be pretty fun to watch this year. Wish it was a month long.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2022, 11:32:07 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2022, 11:34:34 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
I would love to see  John Butler invited to our Summer League Team. There are some very interesting undrafted players floating around out there.

I agree get him to summer league and sign him to a 2-way let him play the entire season in G-league while part of the Cs strength program. If they can get him bulked up he could be something long term.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2022, 11:36:19 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Looks like no Yam at summer league

https://twitter.com/thesportsrabbi/status/1540337465680068613

Probably playing against better competition over there.

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2022, 11:36:49 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I agree get him to summer league and sign him to a 2-way let him play the entire season in G-league while part of the Cs strength program. If they can get him bulked up he could be something long term.

I would 100% do that.

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2022, 11:52:38 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Looks like no Yam at summer league

https://twitter.com/thesportsrabbi/status/1540337465680068613
have to check for his traveling pseudonym  Sweet Potato Madar. 

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2022, 01:09:09 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1540377565818368001

Trevion Williams, who worked out for the celtics pre-draft will be on the summer league roster

Great fit on offense. He is an elite passing big man who can handle the ball and provide a sililar skill set to AL on the offensive end.

Defense he will likely struggle as he isn't a switching big and will have to settle for drop coverage where he lacks verticality
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2022, 01:29:59 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Trevion Williams, who worked out for the celtics pre-draft will be on the summer league roster

Great fit on offense. He is an elite passing big man who can handle the ball and provide a sililar skill set to AL on the offensive end.

Defense he will likely struggle as he isn't a switching big and will have to settle for drop coverage where he lacks verticality

He was the single guy that I wanted us to pick up for summer league, from my limited research. Reminds me of Xavier Tillman.

I think his situation was really tough and he will thrive a lot more as a playmaker/passer in the pick-and-roll game as a roll man in an open court.

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2022, 01:55:02 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

He was the single guy that I wanted us to pick up for summer league, from my limited research. Reminds me of Xavier Tillman.

I think his situation was really tough and he will thrive a lot more as a playmaker/passer in the pick-and-roll game as a roll man in an open court.

I think lacks the mobility to be effective as a defender in the NBA.  Given summer league body, but I don’t see a future for him.

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2022, 01:56:48 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I think lacks the mobility to be effective as a defender in the NBA.  Given summer league body, but I don’t see a future for him.

I was surprised by how many old school bigs got drafted last night. The two teams in the finals didn't have traditional centers.

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2022, 01:59:27 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I was surprised by how many old school bigs got drafted last night. The two teams in the finals didn't have traditional centers.

I understand the concern about his mobility. If he cut 25 pounds and worked on his feel in the drop pick-and-roll, he could be a solid rotation player.

He's at least comparable to what Greg Monroe has been over the last 3-4 years, and that is a fringe NBA player.

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2022, 03:10:27 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

I think his situation was really tough and he will thrive a lot more as a play maker/passer in the pick-and-roll game as a roll man in an open court.

I understand the concern about his mobility. If he cut 25 pounds and worked on his feel in the drop pick-and-roll, he could be a solid rotation player.

He's at least comparable to what Greg Monroe has been over the last 3-4 years, and that is a fringe NBA player.

I don't think dropping another 25lbs is in the cards he has already lost a lot of weight since starting at Purdue. He was at 10.8%BF at the combine and 265lbs. Maybe he gets under 260 but that will be as light as I could see and like Sullinger its not commend for heavy framed bigs to keep weight down during the season. This is likely the lightest Williams will be.

I will say Williams joining the team needs to be kept in perspective if he makes the roster and takes Kornets roster spot I like the fit. If anyone envisions him eventually taking Theis's spot that's a problem. Williams is a play right away low ceiling reguare season big man, where someone like Makur Maker is a high ceiling low floor big who may be able to develop into a switching 7'. Personally I'd be fine signing Williams to a cheap deal for multiple non-guaranteed years. Then take a swing on Maker or Butler Jr on a 2-way. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2022, 01:02:02 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach about 1 hour ago

Per source, 2019 first-round pick Mfiondu Kabengele will join Boston’s summer league team. 6-9 Former Florida State star has played 51 total games for the Clippers and Cavs.

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2022, 01:26:47 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach about 1 hour ago

Per source, 2019 first-round pick Mfiondu Kabengele will join Boston’s summer league team. 6-9 Former Florida State star has played 51 total games for the Clippers and Cavs.

On a casual look, his game seems suited for the modern NBA.  Needs to get that 3 point shot up to 35%. He's 24 and could be a third string big... Probably just a camp body. There's a thin line between NBA player and not an NBA player... Oh, and blocks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gtDgDG65ps
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 01:43:54 PM by liam »