Author Topic: 2023-24 Bruins Season  (Read 3741 times)

2023-24 Bruins Season
« on: October 27, 2023, 08:46:20 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I didn't see a topic for this so I started one.  Good start for the team in the post Bergeron era.  6 wins and 1 OT Loss.  So with an OT loss, are the Bruins still considered undefeated?

I am not fully up to speed on some of the new players and line combinations so don't have anything much in terms of analysis but thought it would be good to get a topic going.

Re: 2023-24 Bruins Season
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 09:29:17 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Nope.  No longer undefeated , but they do get a point for an OT loss. 

I don’t watch  a lot of Bruins until the playoffs, but I did happen to check the score and they were up 3-1 with 7 minutes to go so I tuned in.  Apparently I’m a jinx.  They seriously barely touched the puck in the last four minutes and OT. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 12:05:21 PM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 11:45:26 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
They've started off better than I thought they would, given the loss of Bergeron and Krejci, but I'm still trying to guard my emotional well-being after last season—the greatest regular season in NHL history, followed by a first-round playoff loss. I don't want to go through that again.

@Vermont Green, thanks for starting this thread. TP.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 06:41:24 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I didn't see a topic for this so I started one.  Good start for the team in the post Bergeron era.  6 wins and 1 OT Loss.  So with an OT loss, are the Bruins still considered undefeated?

I am not fully up to speed on some of the new players and line combinations so don't have anything much in terms of analysis but thought it would be good to get a topic going.

Great start. I saw a #10 Power Ranking for the Bruins on ESPN during the pre-season, which definitely seems foolish after 7 games played. Bergeron and Krejci were amazing, but it's time to move on. I wish they could have signed Orlov and Bertuzzi. These subtractions plus the first round collapse  (albeit to a tough team) made people sleep early. ESPN already corrected and they are #3 now, right where they should be.

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 07:49:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I wouldn't mind some losses to finish the season while Florida stays ahead of us. Would 1000% much rather play the Leafs first round than a red hot and experienced Lightning team. If we finish first and ahead of Florida, we draw Tampa. No thank you.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 09:01:12 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
It is amazing how quietly the Bruins have gone about a really good season.  I honestly don't know what to make of this team.  They have exceeded my expectations by a mile.  I have been doubting them all season, waiting for the bubble to burst, but it never did.  We'll see how they hold up in the playoffs.  There will be a lot of pressure to just get out of the first round.

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2024, 01:05:09 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Bruins are still doomed.  We just don't have that freakish defensive presence that disrupts everything the other team is trying to do.

The kind of guys that equate to really tough linemen in the NFL. Just constantly winning the battles and putting the other team under duress.

As a result we don't get that extra edge and any less-than-perfect play we make trying to advance the puck can turn into catastrophe.  We're just not a good team at getting control of the puck in the 2/3 of the ice furthest from the opponent's goal.

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2024, 02:16:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Goaltending is going to be another factor. Idk if they stick with their usual "rotation" or if one guy gets the nod for most of a series. But if we're being honest, even last year while there were other factors, there were a couple of games where Ullmark was uncharacteristically horrible and the B's lost them despite being very winnable otherwise. Neither Ullmark nor Swayman have really proven anything in the playoffs yet.

And they'll need to be on the top of their game if they want to advance and beat their likely opponent, Tampa first round.

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2024, 09:31:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I wouldn't mind some losses to finish the season while Florida stays ahead of us. Would 1000% much rather play the Leafs first round than a red hot and experienced Lightning team. If we finish first and ahead of Florida, we draw Tampa. No thank you.

Sweet! Bruins lose. Panthers up 4-2, as long as they don't blow that OR the game goes to OT, then Florida wins the division and faces Tampa while the B's face the Maple Leafs  :)

Florida only needs a single point to finish ahead of the B's in the standings.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2024, 10:15:20 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Sweet! Bruins lose. Panthers up 4-2, as long as they don't blow that OR the game goes to OT, then Florida wins the division and faces Tampa while the B's face the Maple Leafs  :)

WOO! Bruins vs. Maple Leafs. Idk if the B's win but I'd MUCH rather face the Leafs first round than the red hot Lightning. Thanks Florida and our opponents  :)

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 11:30:57 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

WOO! Bruins vs. Maple Leafs. Idk if the B's win but I'd MUCH rather face the Leafs first round than the red hot Lightning. Thanks Florida and our opponents  :)

I agree.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2024, 11:36:27 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Maple Leafs haven't beaten the Bruins in the playoffs in 65 years.

Hopefully it stays that way.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2024, 08:03:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Game 1 is Saturday 8:00 PM

RIP to the TD Garden workers who have to then change it to the Celtics court for their 1 PM game the next day  :P

« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 07:47:29 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Game 1 is Saturday 8:00 PM

RIP to the TD Garden workers who have to then change it to the Celtics court for their 1 PM game the next day  :P

Hopefully we don't get wet floors due to it.

« Reply #14 on: Today at 07:58:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Celtics and Bruins BOTH playing Wednesday at 7 PM this week. That'll be interesting