Poll

What is the greatest ever TV show (non-animated)?

Cheers
Frasier
Heroes
House
LOST
M*A*S*H
Scrubs
Seinfeld
The Sopranos
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Twin Peaks
The West Wing
The Wire
The X-Files
Other
All in the Family
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
The Cosby Show
Roseanne

Author Topic: Best Ever TV show  (Read 36886 times)

Re: Best Ever TV show
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2008, 06:28:44 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Other - Father Ted.  I just have never seen another show that has made me laugh so much.  It doesn't matter how many times I watch it, it never gets old.

« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2008, 10:07:31 AM »

Offline Simey1055

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Right now I would have to say Lost, Always Sunny and Scrubs in that order are the shows that I enjoy the most.  The British version of the office was pretty funny anyone seen that before?

« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Other - Father Ted.  I just have never seen another show that has made me laugh so much.  It doesn't matter how many times I watch it, it never gets old.

I love Father Ted. TP for you Scott for reminding me of that show.

« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2008, 10:28:46 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Two of the great ensemble comedies ever:

Barney Miller and WKRP in Cincinati
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2008, 11:20:39 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I'm going with St. Elsewhere all time.

Rescue Me, current.

« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2008, 01:00:43 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
clearly there's a mistake in the poll, as mystery sceince thearter 3000 isn't listed.

so i vote other heh.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2008, 04:25:59 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
and only fools and horses(the funnyest)

Only Fools and Horses is a great one too.  "This time next year, we'll be millionaires..."

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2008, 04:54:15 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Shupac-
What I meant was that I'd add Futurama and The Simpsons, but check the OP. Right in the first line it
 says "non-animated". Sorry that I was unclear. I love Futurama- that would actually be my #1.
And, although I may not agree with some Celticbloggers about TV tastes, I'm very glad to see that  Roseanne has a 0% rating.

Ahhhh hah.... duly corrected

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2008, 05:43:24 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I was previously so proud of this blog for no mention of Married with Children.  I have never seen understood how anyone could elect to watch more than one episode of Married....  In my list of long-running bad TV shows, Married is in the top 3 along with Three's Company and Alice.  Watch one episode, you've seen every show -- all stereotypic comic themes repeated over and over and over.  But, again, no offense -- it's probably me as these shows all gathered quite regular followings.

What Married had going for it was Ed O' Neill, who IMO is the best comedic actor of my time.  He makes the show.  And Three's Company is a bit before my time, but I'd say John Ritter made that show what it was.  Awesome physical comedian.

Also, when it comes to comedies, my list would be a tie between Kids in the Hall, Seinfeld, and Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 05:50:36 AM by freshinthehouse »

« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2008, 08:35:04 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
For those of you who voted "Other" please change your vote to one of the recently added shows. Or state which show you had in mind when you selected "Other."

« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2008, 11:14:43 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
what about the original Fugitive's tv series with David Jannsen?Does anybody identify with it besides me?It was a very good series.What brought it to mind was the "Surprisely good movies you've never seen"thread because i loved the movie made in 1993 called The Fugitive that was based on the same ideas.

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2008, 12:19:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Had to go with Roseanne of the ones out there. I never really realized it was my favorite show until years after it was off the air. I also like (and agree with the positive comments on):

Golden Girls
Fresh Prince
Married with Children
Seinfeld

As for animated, South Park never did much for me, but a HUGE Family Guy fan- all of those 'asides' and overdone quick humor make the show hilarious. Also, people will never understand just how 'intellectual' Beavis and Butthead really is, but that show has had a huge influence on me...throw in Spongebob and Simpsons for good measure...

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
other- MST3K

(random triva to stump your buddies on. MST3k is the most profitable TV show in the history of TV. how you ask?

each show took just over 10k to make. while on comedy central/sci fi, the show averaged 250k in advertising. thats a 25000% profit margin heh
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I've never heard of MST3K.

I was thinking of starting an animated thread, but that just boils down to The Simpsons, South Park and Family Guy (although Transformers would get my vote). If anyone thinks this is worth while start one up, that can be a whole other discussion that would fill a void in a boring off-season.

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2008, 06:17:45 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I've never heard of MST3K.

I was thinking of starting an animated thread, but that just boils down to The Simpsons, South Park and Family Guy (although Transformers would get my vote). If anyone thinks this is worth while start one up, that can be a whole other discussion that would fill a void in a boring off-season.

You, my friend, need to start watching Adult Swim.  Over the last several years they have put out some of the most unique, clever, and funny programming out there, animated or not.  I'd recommend Venture Bros., Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021, Squidbillies, and Harvey Birdman for your viewing pleasure.

Other shows that may collect votes would be The Critic, Duckman, 3 South, Dr. Katz, King of the Hill, and Spongebob Squarepants.  And am I the only one that loved Muppet Babies growing up?