Author Topic: NBA 2K12  (Read 31857 times)

Re: NBA 2K12
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »

Offline LiamB

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
Gameplay from the demo they released this morning.

ugh.  i don't know why people like playing with that camera angle.  i always play on the "2k" camera mode so i can see the whole court equally.

Camera is restricted for the demo
I dont see why though. I can't imagine that it would be hard for 2K to add a camera feature in the demo

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011, 11:39:12 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I love the 2k series but so far this game does not impress me. From the demos and other info about it, this doesnt seem like a big step up. 2k11 was a leaps and bounds improvement on 2k10. 2k12 looks almost the same and similar features. IDK about gameplay but from what i watched, not many tweeks. I'll wait til 2k13 i guess  :(
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 11:44:18 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I love the 2k series but so far this game does not impress me. From the demos and other info about it, this doesnt seem like a big step up. 2k11 was a leaps and bounds improvement on 2k10. 2k12 looks almost the same and similar features. IDK about gameplay but from what i watched, not many tweeks. I'll wait til 2k13 i guess  :(

That seems appropriate seeing as chances look pretty strong that you won't get any real NBA ball until then anyway. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 11:34:12 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

It seems like they only do major revamps once every couple years. 

Really, a sports game should only get released once every few years.  For the money you pay, they ought to update the rosters for free.  Sports games are really a racket for EA, especially when you consider the free ongoing support that most games in other genres get (e.g. Blizzard games).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 01:37:29 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I agree with PosImpos

You can`t reinvent the game every year. 2k11 was a vry good game (imho) and it didn`t need too much fixing... Besides in most cases messing arround with an already great game makes it worst.

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

It seems like they only do major revamps once every couple years. 

Really, a sports game should only get released once every few years.  For the money you pay, they ought to update the rosters for free.  Sports games are really a racket for EA, especially when you consider the free ongoing support that most games in other genres get (e.g. Blizzard games).

Ya roster updates (or lack thereof) do bother me a little. I'm not being hard on 2k for lack of innovations, but as an owner of 2k11 its not a great value purchase to get 2k12. If I were more into the game like I am COD, I would probably purchase it just because it the new thing
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 12:04:40 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 12:35:08 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I guess I'm the only one who bought the game.  ::)

Love it so far.

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 07:22:30 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Love it so far.

I picked up the Larry Edition on Tuesday. I haven't had time to play it yet, but my oldest son has.

He absolutely loves it. He told me he played with the 65 Celtics vs the Lakers...said it's in black and white, too.

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2011, 08:13:40 AM »

Offline BDubs

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 54
  • Can a brother get some Tommy points!
LOVE the game.  They cleaned up the presentation a bit to feel more like a TV broadcast than it already did.  The coaches, mascots & cheerleaders finally have the same level of detail as the players.  They finally fixed Paul Pierce this year as he was horrible to play with in 2K11.  The improvements that they made with Paul is the biggest reason for any Celtic fan to pick up the new version.  They made his movements and jumpshot very smooth and fluid, instead of all clunky and awkward like last year.  This years game really seems to lean towards shooters more than ever.  So far role players like Kyle Korver & Anthony Morrow look like they never miss a shot if they get even a tiny sliver of open space.

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 08:19:38 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
The game was released here today - just got my copy. Sadly, no Bird covers available  :(

Tonight the 2K11 disc gets replaced after a years good service!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2011, 08:24:11 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
This "Laker Lovefest" on NBA TV the last few days is giving me even more incentive to play the game this weekend.

Yuck! ;D

Showtime?? Ugh!

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2011, 10:06:50 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Love it so far.

Unfortunately a stranger came into my house and must've mistaken my Xbox for his, so I haven't had a console to play it on.

Real psyched to play though, going to my buddies tonight for an all night session.

And yes, it's a Friday and I'm in my late 20's and single and I'm going to play videogames. Back off.

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 10:12:25 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I really do admire the people at 2k - particularly this year with the pending lockout, and them not having any competition when it comes to basketball games they had all the reasons in the world to take their foot off the pedal when it comes to consistently improving their game-experience and it's almost as if they just started to work harder.

Looks like a lot of improvements on player movement, ai defense, the my player mode seems to address a lot of the complaints people had and the classic teams and the presentation of them just seems great.

This on top of the fact that I really never stopped playing 2k11 (literally, the only other game I bought last year was DJ hero). I've got no problem giving these people my money annually.

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2011, 07:02:45 AM »

Offline Quinn22

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
This is a huge sigh of relief for fans of NBA 2K12, as they had to live with the "old" roster beforehand.  Granted, players were updated to their current teams (before the lockout), so that there were no odd placements or anything like that, but no real addition of "fresh blood", if you will.  With the rookie announcement, 2K is now free and clear to include these guys, letting you put them to the test against pros such as Kobe Bryant and a number of other legends within the game.
So breathe easy, guys.  You're getting your rookies.  And we're just getting started with our NBA 2K12 updates this week, as we'll also discuss the new Legends Showcase DLC that's coming this week, along with a review of the iPad edition.  Stay tuned.  And welcome back, NBA!