Author Topic: The Recommend a Game Thread  (Read 16196 times)

Re: The Recommend a Game Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
After a VERY frustrating first half-hour (never played Demon Souls), I'm really enjoying Dark Souls.  I'm glad to see a game like this can still get made in this day and age. 

Difficulty is unforgiving without being unfair - the game won't hold your hand at all and you will die, a lot, til you figure out how to improve.  Lots of customizability and the gameplay and environments are great.  Only major con is that the game isn't great about explaining some of its mechanics - had to go to the wiki to look a few basics up.  But it's great fun overall.  Think I'll be spending a lot of time with this one. 

Well, 4 months and 84 hours later, I finally managed to beat Dark Souls without using a guide.  I burned out once or twice along the way (getting Arkham City distracted me for awhile) but overall it was a great experience - it's easily one of the best-designed and most rewarding games I've ever played.

Now, to start a second run, where I will use guides and tips to break this game over my knee the way it tried to break me the first time through.  ;D

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 12:28:20 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Cribbage.
Yup

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 01:23:21 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Cribbage.

Cribbage is a great game. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 01:57:39 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Cribbage.

Cribbage is a great game. 
teaching my daughters to play today.  Great math lessons.

Yup

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I bought Dragon Age Ultimate Edition (includes expansion and all DLC) for $20 a week or so ago.  Great deal.  All of that stuff together originally cost over $100.  It's a great game -- the latest iteration of Baldur's Gate / Neverwinter Nights, etc, though it doesn't adhere completely to D&D rules, which is a good thing.

Great story, very deep, immersive game, long campaign, lots to do.  Highly recommended.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers