Author Topic: NBA2k11 Meet Up/ Disscussion thread  (Read 43721 times)

Re: NBA2k11 Meet Up/ Disscussion thread
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I've done the 3 combine games, 4 summer league games, and anywhere between 15&20 regular season games. Also demanded a trade, and was moved to Utah (soooooo much better), haven't had a single freeze up, can't even think of one time where I thought there was a lapse in gameplay.

I've got like 10 reg season games down and no freeze.

I'm still only a 55 overall, and when before my first few games I was getting 40 and 50 ppg...now I've leveled off at like 18-20ppg, 45%fg, 33%3pt, 5-6boards and 4-5 asts.

I'm bumping it up to superstar tonight.

Are you guys starting as scoring sf's? I got a all-around PG and I haven't sniffed 40 ppg.

6'10 all-around SF, 240 lbs. Unfortunately, "White LeBron" was not a nickname you could select, so I chose "The Magician"

First thing I bumped was my 3pt shooting thru drills, til it was around 72 or so. Don't use any skill points on the skills you want to improve through drills (probably 3pt and speed), use those on everything else.

After i got through the combine and got my next round of drills, I put them all into ball handling and picked up speed points.

From there, it is all about running the floor and getting those bomb passes in transition. You get 10-12 ppg easy that way.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 01:15:25 PM by IndeedProceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Thanks, IP.

I think I got hurt a little out of the gates w/ being a 6'5 PG, have had to play a lot of SG so my passing abilities aren't nearly as important. So I've been focusing on midrange jumpers. Funny IP, you're "White Lebron" and I'm "Black Hornacek"

I'll try those things tonight though.

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2010, 03:54:27 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Disturbing rumors about association mode being broken 3-4 years in. Apperntly 2k hardcoded potential by where you are picked in response to last years complaint that the game didn't generate enough stars. People are posting screens on operation sports of the fa list 3 years in and guys like rose, rondo, lebro. Ect are on there not picked up because the generated guys from the first class are all 95 overall and much cheaper money so the ai won't sign them

Won't effect me anytime soon since I'm playing all 58 games + playlets but hopefully that gets addressed
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2010, 03:56:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Disturbing rumors about association mode being broken 3-4 years in. Apperntly 2k hardcoded potential by where you are picked in response to last years complaint that the game didn't generate enough stars. People are posting screens on operation sports of the fa list 3 years in and guys like rose, rondo, lebro. Ect are on there not picked up because the generated guys from the first class are all 95 overall and much cheaper money so the ai won't sign them

Won't effect me anytime soon since I'm playing all 58 games + playlets but hopefully that gets addressed

Yes. I haven't touched association yet but this would be a big deal.

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164

Yes. I haven't touched association yet but this would be a big deal.

Yikes.  I plan to start one next weekend.

At least there you can make your guy exactly how you want him.  You dont have to grind and put in hard work like in My Player :D
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 06:02:02 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
I have to play 5 games before I can be traded but the Knicks and Raptors are interested in me.

I just dont like I am backing up J Wall I want to run my own team.  I will play 5 games then see how the chemistry is.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 01:06:38 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
here's a run down of the current bugs in association mode.

Luckly i plan to play all the games the first two years (because it will be the only time the Big 3 are together) so hopefully it will be patched in some way.

Basically a few small issues add up into one big problem. Generated rookie classes are too strong and cause transactions to fall off significantly after the first season (trades drop from about 20+ in year 1 to about 5 in year 2 and 3 and then none after that) because the rookies pan out so well that teams don't need to make trades or sign free agents (high level free agents will just chill in free agency because teams have no need for them). This can be countered to a point by using custom draft classes, but there have been freezing issues with custom draft classes after year 7. The other problem is that if a player gets injured the computer will change their role and won't change it back. This leads to some players becoming unhappy and traded that otherwise wouldn't if they simply had their role restored. It breaks what is otherwise a really pretty effective system because of a few small bugs. It's really disappointing...
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 09:52:57 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
After 5 games I am averaging 24PT 4A (would have more if people didnt miss so many ez shots in this game) and 2S.  My role is now 6th man first off the bench (Took Hinrich's spot  ;D). I am pegged for 22 minutes per game. My player is now a 46 overall and my mid range J is in the 80's...and so butta that if you leave me open I am toastin cats all day!

Blatce and I have a good chemistry most of my assist come from him (cuz I know he wont pass once he get its and goes straight to the basket).  The team is 2-3 in the first 5 games but should be 4-1 if Flip was a smart NBA coach and left me in the game more.  2 out of the first 3 games I didnt get ANY playing time in the 4thq and we lost those 2 by one point.

With all that said, I realized that after the first 5 games the Wall, Arenas, Hinrich, and me in the backcourt it is to crowded so I requested a trade.

My choices were 1. Celtics 2. Nets 3. Clippers.  The team that are interested in me are the Lakers (ugh) OKC and Suns.

I played the next game after I after I requested the trade and it was a home game so everytime I touched the ball on the offensive end the home fans would chant TRADE HIM...TRADE HIM.

This game is NBA Fantastic  8) 

Red Auerbach

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 08:56:36 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Since my trade request I was averaging 30+ppg team was on a winning streak.

I was starting to like it in Washington.  After my best game as a pro 48pt 3 steals 2 blocks and 7 assist my trade request was granted.

I was traded....to the LAKERS!!!!

Red Auerbach

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2010, 09:02:30 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
here's a run down of the current bugs in association mode.

Luckly i plan to play all the games the first two years (because it will be the only time the Big 3 are together) so hopefully it will be patched in some way.

Basically a few small issues add up into one big problem. Generated rookie classes are too strong and cause transactions to fall off significantly after the first season (trades drop from about 20+ in year 1 to about 5 in year 2 and 3 and then none after that) because the rookies pan out so well that teams don't need to make trades or sign free agents (high level free agents will just chill in free agency because teams have no need for them). This can be countered to a point by using custom draft classes, but there have been freezing issues with custom draft classes after year 7. The other problem is that if a player gets injured the computer will change their role and won't change it back. This leads to some players becoming unhappy and traded that otherwise wouldn't if they simply had their role restored. It breaks what is otherwise a really pretty effective system because of a few small bugs. It's really disappointing...

Those aren't the only bugs, players also mysteriously lose career credentials. I drafted a 7'4" center who somehow lost years off of his stats and went from 12 all-star appearances to 9... Extremely disappointing.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2010, 01:58:46 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Couple questions for thosewith more myplayer experience than I

-is there anyway to call plays? I'm a pg and since my teamster just hang out behind the hree point line and don't really react to what I'm doing by rolling to the rim, coming off screens ECG

- any way to call for a pick? Holding down lb doesn't really seem to work

- kinda tied to the last one, anyway to call for screens? I'm a good jump shooter but I have trouble losing my guy to get a clean look  off the ball (speed 99)

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2010, 02:50:45 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Couple questions for thosewith more myplayer experience than I

-is there anyway to call plays? I'm a pg and since my teamster just hang out behind the hree point line and don't really react to what I'm doing by rolling to the rim, coming off screens ECG

- any way to call for a pick? Holding down lb doesn't really seem to work

- kinda tied to the last one, anyway to call for screens? I'm a good jump shooter but I have trouble losing my guy to get a clean look  off the ball (speed 99)

Yes as the PG you can call plays it is right on the directional pad.  You can call simple plays like screens and pick and rolls.  Or you can scroll over with the bumpers and call specific plays out of your playbook for certain positions, or yourself.

LB does work you just have to be in the right spot on the court and have a teammate in the area.

Last question is covered in the first answer.

I may catch h3ll for this but I kinda like being on the Lakers (its is a video game I still hate them with a passion in real life).  I love not giving Kobe the ball and doing everything myself. After I playe my first game in LA.   The start of my 2nd game for the Lakers they made me a starter  ;D (eat that Blake and Fisher).  The game is on EZ mode now that I am on that team I am average 10+ assist and 40+ppg.  I am going to finish out year one on that team then ask for a trade in the offseason.  I am also going to throw the NBA Finals to any team other then the Miami Heat.

I want to go to scubby team and build it up.   My guy on the Lakers is just a slaughter

Red Auerbach

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Gotta up that difficulty level, A70!

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2010, 04:38:37 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Gotta up that difficulty level, A70!

I will I will,  After year one, and my guy is in the 70's for an overall rating  ;D

Red Auerbach

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2010, 11:57:58 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
finally! i bought 2k11 and i've played my first game (not including the Bulls-Lakers in the intro). I played Lakers@Celtics. just on Pro difficulty tho but man, i'm loving it. it was a crazy game all the way till the end!

game was tied before Kobe hit a 3 in Ray Allen's face. I called a play for Ray Allen and he got free for a 3 but unfortunately, i missed so i had to foul Fisher. He made both free throws and i called timeout. Down 5, i got the ball to Ray Allen again off the inbound but Kobe closed well. Used a screen, got open for a second and put it up and miraculously, i made it! Had to foul Kobe coz there was no time left and he choked making only one of two free throws. called my last timeout with little time left and down 3. naturally, i needed to get the ball to Ray Allen coz he was hot, but i subbed Rondo out and put in Nate as well, just in case. Ball got poked loose on the inbound and the game was over.

sucks to lose but i'm diggin this game! are there already updated rosters? Delonte's still not on the team, but Scal is, and the computer makes Wafer the first wing off the bench. lol
- LilRip