Author Topic: NBA Elite 11 vs NBA 2K 11  (Read 45251 times)

Re: NBA Elite 11 vs NBA 2K 11
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2010, 01:25:04 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I don't know this year.. EA is doing some good sounding things for Elite.

They say this every year, and this year were doing this, this year we got a 2k dev on our team this year was revamped bla blah when it is always crap

but hey to each there own
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2010, 01:38:31 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I don't know this year.. EA is doing some good sounding things for Elite.

They say this every year, and this year were doing this, this year we got a 2k dev on our team this year was revamped bla blah when it is always crap

but hey to each there own

Yepp. Just saw the first real gameplay video for Elite and I can't believe I actually had a speck of hope for that game.

To be honest, the biggest draw when it comes to Elite was really just getting NBA Jam.. Even that I'm not so sure about anymore.

It's all fine, though. I've been down with 2K since it's Sega Dreamcast days and it looks like I'm gonna be right back on the same ship.

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2010, 12:06:29 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
downloaded both demos today, to me NBA 2k11 smokes Elite.

Elite has better presentation with the ESPN integration and commentary, but in animations, feel, spacing, and generally being a sim basketball game, NBA2k11 impressed me far more.

Biggest things i disliked about elite were passing and controls.

Elite's defiantly better than last year, but ill be a 2k guy again based on these demo's.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
downloaded both demos today, to me NBA 2k11 smokes Elite.

Elite has better presentation with the ESPN integration and commentary, but in animations, feel, spacing, and generally being a sim basketball game, NBA2k11 impressed me far more.

Biggest things i disliked about elite were passing and controls.

Elite's defiantly better than last year, but ill be a 2k guy again based on these demo's.

If you were to base a purchase off demos alone I wouldnt buy either one of them.  Thankfully for me I know 2K is good because I have played it for years but that demo is a shame.  You have no options to do hardly anything "no frills" is the first thing that comes to mind.

Whatever 2K QA employee who authorized that demo to the public should be fired.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »

Offline karimb

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
I like the concept for the control system for elite,  but its still not polished.
My portfolio website: www.freshcontrast.com

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2010, 06:10:05 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I like the concept for the control system for elite,  but its still not polished.

I guess, and of course controls are a very personal preference so take this with a grain of salt, but from playing it for about an hour:

hate that the passing is controlled by pointing the left analog where you want to pass it. Since this also controls your movement, it requires you to sometimes point the stick the exact opposite way your trying to drive.

If you do the timing perfect, it works. but more often than not, since im normally also doing a ball move with the RS, it results in the player having to come to a stop/ run in an unnatrual direction.

It's also not responsive at all, and is absolutely horrible at making the right decision on who to pass to when more than one teammate is in the same "quadrant" such as, for one example, when someones coming off a down screen.

at least 50% of the time, the pass will go right at the pick instead of the player curling, resulting in an easy defelction by the man on the screen due to the pick man being stuck in the pick animation.

The fact that you have to do the fireball motion from street fighter to do a layup is counter intuitive, and absolutely destroys layups on the baseline. it works fine when your driving straight down the lane, It's completely nonsensical to have to move the RS out of bounds/ back towards your own basket and then yank it in a quarter circle to  forwards to do a simple layup from a foot away from the basket driving off the baseline.

When you through in the fact that the defense plays like it's on skates and you have to use the RS for both jumping/shootblocking AND stealing, and the controls, at least on default, don't take positioning into account, you are endlessly jumping when you ment to steal and vice versa.

I appreciate there effort, and understand that the 1-1 motion system works in the lead dev's previous game NHL 2010, but that's because you have a freaking stick in hockey, and it has limited movements.

doing street fighter moves to hit simple shots/ play defense is not fun. I love this control system in NHL, but for a basketball game, its not useful. to me at least.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2010, 09:33:51 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum

doing street fighter moves to hit simple shots/ play defense is not fun. I love this control system in NHL, but for a basketball game, its not useful. to me at least.

LOL

I can hear it now.

Yo man how you do a layup in this game...its easy man HADOUKEN!!!

Red Auerbach

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2010, 01:45:38 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

LOL

I can hear it now.

Yo man how you do a layup in this game...its easy man HADOUKEN!!!

Literally laughed out loud.. TP.

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2010, 08:25:28 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
EA is suspending elites release date indefinitely, citing quality control issues/ reported bugs and concerns from the demo.

http://kotaku.com/5649371/nba-elite-11-delayed-nba-jam-to-ship-separately-by-holidays

from the article, sounds like they may not even get elite out this NBA season...

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:31:37 PM by crownsy »

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2010, 10:09:48 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
EA is suspending elites release date indefinitely, citing quality control issues/ reported bugs and concerns from the demo.

http://kotaku.com/5649371/nba-elite-11-delayed-nba-jam-to-ship-separately-by-holidays

from the article, sounds like they may not even get elite out this NBA season...

Just read that article. Gotta say I'm honestly surprised. EA has kind of been the type of company to not really care about how the product plays as long as it'll make them a few bucks.

Pleasantly surprised they decided to make this move, especially so close to release. Their game sucked and they're at least trying to fix it, despite the fact they're not going to make much money on this, if they even get it out at all.

Kudos to EA on this occasion.

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2010, 12:30:09 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Wow!

The game was due next Tuesday.  You do realize that this late in the cycle the game already went gold.  The manuals and boxes were packed up and ready to go.

Are they really going to "work on" the game or will they release a patch to fix the gameplay at a later date?

The new street date is sometime 3/11.  I wouldnt put it past them to just patch it and send out the same disks waiting in the warehouse now.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2010, 12:36:37 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Well, this kinda backs up a lot of peoples thoughts in "one year isn't enough time"

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2010, 04:38:39 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
Did you guys see this!  :o

Red Auerbach

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2010, 05:05:09 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Did you guys see this!  :o

Ya, they literally seemed to attack all the issues with myplayer mode.

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2010, 12:35:39 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
So, uh, this review might excite you guys:

The fact that 2K Sports did so much more with this game and improved it so greatly over last year's title is stunning. This isn't just the best basketball game ever; it's the best sports game of this generation.

One more

"This is one of the most incredible year-over-year improvements of a game imaginable"

-IGN

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/nba-2k11