Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 235428 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #1860 on: May 15, 2019, 11:18:07 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I'd like to see Blazers go to the finals, just so that Turks, a basketball nation, don't broadcast NBA finals (Kanter).
I have nothing against the Turks, just against their dictatorship.

If the NBA Finals happens to be Blazers-Raptors, then can Kanter even play the road games?  :o

IIRC, I think he even skipped a game at Toronto earlier this season because of international fears.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1861 on: May 15, 2019, 11:22:32 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'd like to see Blazers go to the finals, just so that Turks, a basketball nation, don't broadcast NBA finals (Kanter).

If the NBA Finals happens to be Blazers-Raptors, then can Kanter even play the road games?  :o

IIRC, I think he even skipped a game at Toronto earlier this season because of international fears.

Blazers vs. MIL/TOR would be infinitely more entertaining than GS vs. either those teams. God I hate that we have to see the warriors coast to another title

« Reply #1862 on: May 15, 2019, 11:32:03 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

correct: Enes Kanter says he’s not traveling with the team to Toronto due to the Red Notice the Turkish government has submitted to Interpol soliciting his arrest.

« Reply #1863 on: May 15, 2019, 03:46:34 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Besides Lowry I like all the Raptors players good people on and off the court... can't say the same about the Bucks Middleton and Bledsoe I do not like, and Gianiss insulting the Celtics wasn't classy at all while the Raptors and 76ers both had good sportsmanship even though Joel pulled out the airplanes in game 3.. Ben Simmons also kneed Lowry in the balls lool.

« Reply #1864 on: May 15, 2019, 03:57:40 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Besides Lowry I like all the Raptors players good people on and off the court... can't say the same about the Bucks Middleton and Bledsoe I do not like, and Gianiss insulting the Celtics wasn't classy at all while the Raptors and 76ers both had good sportsmanship even though Joel pulled out the airplanes in game 3.. Ben Simmons also kneed Lowry in the balls lool.

Messed up, but it is true. = /
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #1865 on: May 15, 2019, 04:33:32 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
It was unsportsmanlike to say we suck

How often did you hear Jordan or bird say they beat the nets easily cuZ they sucked? You  say they played hard and leave it at that

« Reply #1866 on: May 15, 2019, 04:46:45 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Terry Rozier showing his true colors on First Take holy moly this man better watch his back "I had to sacrifice my talent for Kyrie and Hayward"

Every championship team makes sacrifices that's what winning as a team is about self sacarifice for the greater good of the team holy cow Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. this guy.

« Reply #1867 on: May 15, 2019, 05:30:24 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Giannis quote good bulletin board material.

« Reply #1868 on: May 15, 2019, 05:35:30 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

correct: Enes Kanter says he’s not traveling with the team to Toronto due to the Red Notice the Turkish government has submitted to Interpol soliciting his arrest.

That is brutal, should Portland and Toronto advance to NBA Finals and Kanter can't play because of political issues.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1869 on: May 15, 2019, 07:23:32 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon has asked Justin Trudeau to guarantee Kanter's safety if he does have to travel to Toronto in the event they and the Raptors make it to the finals. No word from Canada yet but they "are looking into his case".

Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden wrote a letter Tuesday to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on behalf of Kanter, encouraging "safe passage" for the Turkish player to Canada for all games.

"I ask your government to facilitate Mr. Kanter's safe passage to and from Canada should the Portland Trail Blazers play the Toronto Raptors in Toronto, Canada, in the upcoming NBA Finals," the letter reads. "I also urge your government to state publicly that it will not comply with any Interpol red notice meant to interfere with Mr. Kanter's livelihood and to intimidate him and his family back in Turkey."

Trudeau's office referred an Associated Press reporter's request for comment to the immigration minister's office. Mathieu Genest, a spokesman for the immigration minister, said Canada's privacy laws prohibited him from commenting on specific cases, but he explained that "we are committed to ensuring that every case is assessed fairly, on its merits and in accordance with Canada's laws.''

A senior Canadian government official said representatives received the letter and are looking into the case.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26746618/senator-asks-canada-ensure-kanter-safety

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1870 on: May 15, 2019, 07:24:28 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

He won 4-1 and the average margin was double digits, he can say what he wants (unfortunately for us). It's up to the Celtics to prove him wrong if we get an opportunity next season.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1871 on: May 15, 2019, 07:27:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I can't imagine that ABC would be happy with Portland vs Milwaukee or Portland vs Toronto as options for their NBA Finals matchup. I would imagine they are rooting for GSW and Milwaukee to hype the Finals with the new chosen one and, of course, their star studded champions.

« Reply #1872 on: May 15, 2019, 07:50:20 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Didn't even watch last night's game, excited for MIL-TOR though!

Go Toronto!

« Reply #1873 on: May 15, 2019, 08:33:55 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
This should be a great series.  As amazing as Kawhi has been, I'd imagine his run ends this round in the ECF.

But if Toronto can win tonight... things get interesting.  They should be able to make more of that than the C's did.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #1874 on: May 15, 2019, 08:46:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Bucks shooting like us
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)