Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 237088 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #1845 on: May 14, 2019, 05:27:53 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
I'm 100% sure the Celtics would have lost to Philly if we played them, Butler was outstanding even with Kawhi guarding him and Joel would have done a lot better against Baynes or Horford over Gasol.

Celtics were a flawed team all year you could see it, they lacked heart and togetherness everyone had personal goals instead of team goals.

Bucks are really good transition team... Raptors are the number one transition team this should be interesting.

« Reply #1846 on: May 14, 2019, 05:37:00 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I like the Raptors in a classic 7 game series.  At the end of the day I trust Leonard to execute late in the game.

Kawhi is one hell of a basketball player.. A rare breed in the mold of the superstars of the past, can carry a team by himself.. Gosh imagine this guy paired by another star and it can be over.. Remember he almost handled the Warriors by himself as well before Zaza took him out..wonder where he ends up in summer.

He needs a star that will be able to play off the ball, someone like a Klay Thompson would be perfect for him.

Apparently Nurse gave him a lot more latitude to iso than Pop did with San Antonio's share the ball system which is why he's been very ball dominant.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1847 on: May 14, 2019, 05:56:53 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I'm 100% sure the Celtics would have lost to Philly if we played them, Butler was outstanding even with Kawhi guarding him and Joel would have done a lot better against Baynes or Horford over Gasol.

Celtics were a flawed team all year you could see it, they lacked heart and togetherness everyone had personal goals instead of team goals.

Bucks are really good transition team... Raptors are the number one transition team this should be interesting.

Nah, I think they would’ve beaten the Sixers despite the flaws.

« Reply #1848 on: May 14, 2019, 07:55:19 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14

Terry just went on ESPN and said "whatever Kyrie wants he does"... "It was hard to adjust"

They didn't like each other this team wasn't winning anything they all felt they were better without Kyrie and Hayward.

« Reply #1849 on: May 15, 2019, 12:24:24 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Terry just went on ESPN and said "whatever Kyrie wants he does"... "It was hard to adjust"

They didn't like each other this team wasn't winning anything they all felt they were better without Kyrie and Hayward.

Rozier was pulling against the team all year and it was easy to see.

« Reply #1850 on: May 15, 2019, 12:24:50 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Golden State is just too good!

« Reply #1851 on: May 15, 2019, 12:58:34 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
A real slap in the face from Giannis to the Celtics, he was quoted as saying that losing Game 1 to the Celtics was not a big deal because Boston is not that good. He went on to say that losing Game 1 to Toronto would be much harder to overcome. Yes, maybe it's true, but I think it was disrespectful and kinda stupid of him to say that given that he will have to go through Boston most of his career to get to the Finals. Celtics were a troubled team this season and mentally weak. I don't think that is going to remain the case unless Danny screws up this team again.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #1852 on: May 15, 2019, 01:40:28 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
A real slap in the face from Giannis to the Celtics, he was quoted as saying that losing Game 1 to the Celtics was not a big deal because Boston is not that good. He went on to say that losing Game 1 to Toronto would be much harder to overcome. Yes, maybe it's true, but I think it was disrespectful and kinda stupid of him to say that given that he will have to go through Boston most of his career to get to the Finals. Celtics were a troubled team this season and mentally weak. I don't think that is going to remain the case unless Danny screws up this team again.

LOL Giannis wasn't wrong though, and both teams proved it. But if Ainge doesn't screw up this team again, then I'll look forward to meeting them 3 times a year plus the playoffs.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1853 on: May 15, 2019, 01:53:03 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I was just coming here to post about this. Here's Giannis's quote:

"Against Boston, you can go down 1-0 and still be fine," Antetokounmpo said at practice Tuesday. "But against Toronto, it's hard to be in that spot when you lose the first game in your home."

He's right, yet I still think he's a jackass for saying it. Not exactly professional or classy.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1854 on: May 15, 2019, 01:57:56 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

"Against Boston, you can go down 1-0 and still be fine," Antetokounmpo said at practice Tuesday. "But against Toronto, it's hard to be in that spot when you lose the first game in your home."

He's right, yet I still think he's a jackass for saying it. Not exactly professional or classy.
Only one way to make him regret saying it
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1855 on: May 15, 2019, 02:04:16 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

True. Not sure that'll ever happen, though. Giannis is better than any current Celtic, better than any of our young guys are ever gonna be, and he also has the league wrapped around his finger. Even AD might not be enough to change any of that.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #1856 on: May 15, 2019, 02:06:22 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

True. Not sure that'll ever happen, though. Giannis is better than any current Celtic, better than any of our young guys are ever gonna be, and he also has the league wrapped around his finger. Even AD might not be enough to change any of that.
You're not wrong, but his team faces a number of impending free agency questions. Particularly those of Middleotn, Lopez and Mirotic. They could potentially lose 3 of their most important players outside of Giannis.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1857 on: May 15, 2019, 02:06:33 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

how is he right ? We destroyed him last year

« Reply #1858 on: May 15, 2019, 02:16:55 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

how is he right ? We destroyed him last year

And he destroyed us this year lol.

And we supposedly had more "talent" on our end this year to make matters worse, at least on paper.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1859 on: May 15, 2019, 05:52:54 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I'd like to see Blazers go to the finals, just so that Turks, a basketball nation, don't broadcast NBA finals (Kanter).
I have nothing against the Turks, just against their dictatorship.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."