Author Topic: Next Move (if any): Go after Jason Smith? Alexis Ajinca (S&T)?  (Read 4361 times)

Re: Next Move (if any): Go after Jason Smith? Alexis Ajinca (S&T)?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 09:37:13 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Another option is a S&T with the Pelicans for Alexis Ajinca. The Pelicans expressed interest in Humphries, and so maybe we can use Kris Humphries in a S&T with the Pelicans to acquire Ajinca and another possible asset or pick?

Both players can come for fairly cheap, and if we get Smith we could use some of the MLE on his contract, which would likely be short term if he did sign. Smith earned 2M last year, Ajinca around $900,000.

How are the Water Fowl feeling about Eric Gordon these days? Are they back happy with him again? Instead of a S&T of Ajinca for minimal cap relief, I'd rather see the C's Swing Gordon to Minny for Love as part of a three-team deal. The C's could send back one of their mid-tier SGs, some picks, and some expiring contract-matcher(s).

I was thinking about this as well the other day. That NO could be a third team and Gordon could be that young piece that Minni would like.

Botosn Out: KO,Bogans,Bass,Johnson,Babb
Boston In: Love,Rivers

Minni Out: Love,Martin
Minni In: Gordon,KO,Bogans Picks

NO Out:Gordon,Rivers
NO In: Bass,Johnson,Martin,Babb

Now with out all the contracts it was hard to play with the deal more. I'd have a feeling Minni would want more, and I'd be willing to give up AB and take back some of the contracts they don't want, maybe a Shabazz, and I would love to get Robinson, since Flip doesn't want a bunch of rookies.

But this would be a start, and Minni would get their young guy in Gordon, a young PF in KO with upside, and maybe AB. And an expiring contract right off the bat.

NO would get a vet SG, and a Vet PF that have been threw the playoffs and could help the young club. Johnson and Babbs can help clear some space for Asik.

Throw in some picks. It's not great, but its a starting point.

I don't think expiring contracts entices a team like MIN for the same reason it shouldn't entice a team like Boston. You need proven players under contract because free agents aren't going to want to sign there even if you overspend a bit.

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Yeah, I think Jason Smith would be a good pick up for the C's. He, Fav and Zeller could fight it out for minutes and I'd be good with that.

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Ed Davis.  We need our 4th big to be an athlete and a shot blocker

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I still think the rental center to go after is Oden. Worth a flyer at minimum IMO.

Ditto.  Put him on the 5-5-5 plan and let's see what happens!  I'm a broken record in regards to this topic, haha.
I actually like this for a couple reasons:
1. Oden's PT will remain limited due to Bosh resigning and MIA has less us for him now.
2. He has more upside than any big man on the C's current roster
3. No pressure for Oden to perform right away due to Zeller, Fav, Sully
4. I am patient now assuming Love is not coming here.

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 04:04:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Ed Davis.  We need our 4th big to be an athlete and a shot blocker

He would be great too. Problem I have is I think Davis would ask for more money than the MLE, probably commanding 6-7M a year.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller