Author Topic: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI  (Read 42313 times)

Re: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI
« Reply #180 on: February 04, 2018, 10:52:35 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Tom has played cruddy so far

Cue the stupid "Shoulda kept Garapalo" junk all off season
I too hate it when my QB only throws for a measly 489 yards
Well when Nick Foles outplays you.....

Dude, Brady had over 400 yards passing.  He played fine.  The Pats defense was atrocious.  That's why they lost.
over 500.

Team put up 33 points (should have had 4 more from easy field goals). defense just couldnt stop a nose bleed. They punted what? one time?

Blaming Brady for this is so hilarious and just shows how spoiled we are. Tommy puts up 505 and 3 TDs with his #2 target sitting in the locker room against a top 5 defense and people have the audacity to say Brady played badly.
Is it audacity to say what happened?

You're probably the one and only person in the world that thinks Brady played badly.

But I guess everyone else is wrong and you are right, right?
Critical dropped pass that hit his hands. Passes in the dirt all night. Missing open receivers. Held the ball too long for a strip sack.

If he'd had the game the backup QB had then the Pats win.

It's ok not to be a homer apologist sometimes.
This is hilarious
Who had the better game? Brady or the backup QB? Who had the better coaching staff? Who had the better receivers?
How many times was Brady sacked?

Foles outplayed Brady with a lesser supporting cast.

Outplayed. Outcoached. It's ok to realize that and admit it.

« Reply #181 on: February 04, 2018, 10:53:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Except I'm not a Pats fan, and don't really care about Brady at all.  He had a great game. I guess he maybe could have made a few more plays, but the loss is not on him in any way.
I'm not saying he had the worst game of all time or anything. But he didn't do his job and got outplayed by Foles despite having the better supporting cast. It happens.

« Reply #182 on: February 04, 2018, 10:55:03 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Gostkowski got outplayed by a rookie too. Can I say that or are people going to point to the kicks he made?

Wow. Both kickers were from Memphis.

« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2018, 10:57:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Am I the only one thinking this loss doesn't sting Much? The 4th and 5th Superbowl win cemented bradys legacy and so this is sort of house money to me

That’s how I feel. The part that hurts is how winnable this game was, but the d was so bad...
It's almost like when you don't play a Pro Bowl DB your defense suffers.

Can't wait to hear the explanation on this

« Reply #184 on: February 04, 2018, 10:58:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Dude, Brady had over 400 yards passing.  He played fine.  The Pats defense was atrocious.  That's why they lost.
over 500.

Team put up 33 points (should have had 4 more from easy field goals). defense just couldnt stop a nose bleed. They punted what? one time?

Blaming Brady for this is so hilarious and just shows how spoiled we are. Tommy puts up 505 and 3 TDs with his #2 target sitting in the locker room against a top 5 defense and people have the audacity to say Brady played badly.

You're probably the one and only person in the world that thinks Brady played badly.

Critical dropped pass that hit his hands. Passes in the dirt all night. Missing open receivers. Held the ball too long for a strip sack.

This is hilarious
Who had the better game? Brady or the backup QB? Who had the better coaching staff? Who had the better receivers?

Being hilariously wrong is bad enough. Being condescending about it really doesn't help
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2018, 11:03:17 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

over 500.

This is hilarious

Being hilariously wrong is bad enough. Being condescending about it really doesn't help
Not answering the question doesn't really convince anyone either.

« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2018, 11:04:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

over 500.

This is pure ridiculousness. The pass to a QB has to be 100% on the money because QBs aren't WRs. That pass was too high.

The passes that were in the dirt to receivers with tight coverage were meant to be in the dirt because that's what smart QBs do. You put the ball where only your receiver has a chance to catch it and no one else.

The dude threw a ton of passes and threw for over 500 yards. Yes, even the best of QBs on their best days will miss a couple open receivers. It happens to great QBs every week of the season.

On the strip sack he had almost no time to make a decision. There were no open receicers and a couple of the receivers hadn't finished their routes yet. Just a great play by the Philly defense. That's no one's "fault". Its just a great play.

Your Brady hate is unwarranted given how he played here and your analysis borders on not having a clue of how the game is played. Stopped being so p!ssed the Pats lost and using Beady as your whipping boy. This loss isn't on Brady. Its on Belichick, Patricia and just awful excecution of the defense on 3rd and 4th down.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:10:22 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2018, 11:06:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

over 500.

This is hilarious

Brady had the better game. Team had 613 yards of offense and scored 33 points.

This game had the most total yards of any game ever. Not in playoff history, but NFL history.

ST sucked, defense couldnt get off the field. Pederson outcoached Bill.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2018, 11:07:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

over 500.

This is pure ridiculousness. The pass to a QB has to be 100% on the money because QBs aren't WRs. That pass was too high.

The passes that were in the dirt to receivers with tight coverage were meant to be in the dirt because that's what smart QBs do. You put the ball where only your receiver has a chance to catch it and no one else.

The dude threw a ton of passes and threw for over 500 yards. Yes, even the best of QBs on their best days will miss a couple open receivers. It happens to great QBs every week of the season.

On the strip sack he had almost no time to make a decision. There were no open receicers and a couple of the receivers hadn't finished their routes yet. Just a great play by the Philly defense. That's no one's "fault". Its just a great play.

Your Brady hate is unwarranted given how he played here and your analysis borders on not having a clue of how the game is played. Stopped being so p!ssed the Pats won and using Beady as your whipping boy. This loss isn't on Brady. Its on Belichick, Patricia and just awful excecution of the defense on 3rd and 4th down.
Who played better? Foles or Brady? Who had the better supporting cast?

« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2018, 11:08:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Except I'm not a Pats fan, and don't really care about Brady at all.  He had a great game. I guess he maybe could have made a few more plays, but the loss is not on him in any way.
I'm not saying he had the worst game of all time or anything. But he didn't do his job and got outplayed by Foles despite having the better supporting cast. It happens.
You do realize that Foles pkays against the NE defense and Brady against the Philly defense, right? Foles doesn't play against Brady. In football it is possible for both QBs to play unbelievably good football and not have one QB outpkay the other because each defense sucked. You do realuze that tgat is not only possible but is exactly what happened here.

« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2018, 11:09:15 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
For all you patriots fans who think it was Brady's fault you guys lost, all I can say is that isn't the case at all.  I am not a Pats fan, and not a Brady fan, but Brady completely diced up Philly that whole 2nd half.  Pats defense had a hard time stopping Philly.  But every team that has played Philly has had a hard time in the playoffs.  I think some of the Pats fans have got to the point where if they don't win the Super Bowl somehow someone really sucks on their team and they need someone to blame.  Sometimes the other team just plays an outstanding game and rises above.  That is what happened today with Foles.

Let me tell you it was a very close game, very entertaining and a slugfest.  The patriots kept coming back when you think Philly is going to pull away.  Brady is hands down the greatest QB of all time.  Philly was shaking in their boots on the drive that the Pats took the lead.  This is coming from, I am embarrassed to say a lot now, a dolphins fan. 

If you are a pats fan, why dont you just tip your hat to Nick Foles and say good job kid, you beat the best QB ever in the biggest game of the year.  It's not like BB and TB are going anywhere.   They will be favorites to make the superbowl next year as well.

« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2018, 11:10:26 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

over 500.

Your Brady hate is unwarranted given how he played here and your analysis borders on not having a clue of how the game is played. Stopped being so p!ssed the Pats won and using Beady as your whipping boy. This loss isn't on Brady. Its on Belichick, Patricia and just awful excecution of the defense on 3rd and 4th down.
The balls were meant to be in the dirt. Wow. Well I'm glad I have a great football mind like you to teach me how to play great football Nick. I mean if the balls were meant to be in the dirt then Brady did great. Hey I mean maybe Foles could have improved his performance by throwing a few more in the dirt. Win by more points.

I mean I'm just ridiculous over here expecting QBs to not throw balls into the dirt. Man I'm just ridiculous sometimes.

« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2018, 11:11:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

over 500.

Your Brady hate is unwarranted given how he played here and your analysis borders on not having a clue of how the game is played. Stopped being so p!ssed the Pats lost and using Beady as your whipping boy. This loss isn't on Brady. Its on Belichick, Patricia and just awful excecution of the defense on 3rd and 4th down.
TP, couldn't have said it better myself

« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2018, 11:12:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

over 500.

The balls were meant to be in the dirt. Wow. Well I'm glad I have a great football mind like you to teach me how to play great football Nick. I mean if the balls were meant to be in the dirt then Brady did great. Hey I mean maybe Foles could have improved his performance by throwing a few more in the dirt. Win by more points.

I mean I'm just ridiculous over here expecting QBs to not throw balls into the dirt. Man I'm just ridiculous sometimes.
That this was what you took away from nick's response really confirms your last line

« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2018, 11:14:12 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
500 passing yards and 3 passing TDs by Brady.

The culprit for the Patriots loss was a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty defense and Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty defensive gameplan.  I am also questioning why Butler was benched in the biggest game of the season.  BB's ego may have led us straight into this loss.