Author Topic: Rumor: Monroe has meetings scheduled with five teams...are we one of them?  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Jared Zwerling ?@JaredZwerling
Hearing that Greg Monroe has four or five meetings for free agency. East and West teams. One is the Knicks, a strong candidate.

Vincent Ellis ?@Vincent_Ellis56
None of these teams the #Pistons.  https://twitter.com/JaredZwerling/status/614511128924790784

I assume we're one of the five teams vying for his services. Thoughts on the others?

I'm assuming the list includes Boston, New York, LA...not sure about the other two.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Boston, New York, LA, Dallas, Atlanta.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If an NBA player wants to go with a winning program, why wouldn't Boston win out over NY every time?? It's not like the weather is any different (I have lived in both places; not much difference).  Celtics have a much better front office, coach, tradition, team, and future assets. 

Yet everyone in the media assumes that Monroe would take NY over Boston, no questions asked. Sadly, they are probably right.  I just don't get it. 

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
If an NBA player wants to go with a winning program, why wouldn't Boston win out over NY every time?? 

1. Players still regard Melo as a legitimate star who can win meaningful games.
2. Phil Jackson still has a legitimate mystique that players respect.
3. Players want to enjoy success in the spotlight of New York.

NBA players tend to think the only difference between a winning program and a losing one is THEM, and maybe a couple of their good friends who are also NBA stars.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
If an NBA player wants to go with a winning program, why wouldn't Boston win out over NY every time?? 

1. Players still regard Melo as a legitimate star who can win meaningful games.
2. Phil Jackson still has a legitimate mystique that players respect.
3. Players want to enjoy success in the spotlight of New York.

NBA players tend to think the only difference between a winning program and a losing one is THEM, and maybe a couple of their good friends who are also NBA stars.

Probably true.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If an NBA player wants to go with a winning program, why wouldn't Boston win out over NY every time?? It's not like the weather is any different (I have lived in both places; not much difference).  Celtics have a much better front office, coach, tradition, team, and future assets. 

Yet everyone in the media assumes that Monroe would take NY over Boston, no questions asked. Sadly, they are probably right.  I just don't get it.

Because New York is a bigger market and they have Carmelo.

We have no star unfortunately ???

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

Because New York is a bigger market and they have Carmelo.

We have no star unfortunately ???

New York went tank-nation even with Carmelo lol!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Educated guess or did you hear this somewhere?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
If we strike out on all these big men that'd be awful and I'm getting an ugly feeling thats gonna be the case. Especially after that report on our front office not being optimistic about landing a difference making big.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
If we strike out on all these big men that'd be awful and I'm getting an ugly feeling thats gonna be the case. Especially after that report on our front office not being optimistic about landing a difference making big.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Educated guess or did you hear this somewhere?

A bit of both.
- Mark Twain

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Five teams have shown serious interest — the Boston Celtics, New York Knicks, Milwaukee Bucks, Los Angeles Lakers and Portland Trail Blazers. Monroe said he’ll meet with those teams this week.

http://theadvocate.com/news/neworleans/12769441-148/big-man-greg-monroe-formerly

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I called it on all five teams!

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Wow, Milwaukee. I had not thought of them. Monroe on the Bucks, that ... that's interesting.

PG: MCW
SG: Middleton
SF: Jabari Parker
PF: Giannis
 C: Monroe

That would be a fun team.

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Come to Boston Moose!