Author Topic: Rose injures right knee during game (tears meniscus)  (Read 21332 times)

Re: Rose injures right knee during game
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2013, 03:10:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2716

So what the heck does Chicago do if Rose is officially Oden 2.0?

Rose has actually played, so maybe the better comparison is Stat 2.0

well, the bottom line is they are screwed. So what should they do?

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
When was the last time a player had a suspected ACL tear like this and it ended up being something else? Unfortunately I fear he's gone for the season. :(
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2013, 04:47:22 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Wow, I hope it's not too serious but this doesn't look good.

I hope not either. From what I read it was a non contact injury, he was making a backdoor cut and abruptly stopped. I hope it's not ACL related that would be awful.

I don't care who it is, never would wish that on any player. Was expecting a real comeback season from him after all the time off. Probably just tweaked something and being cautious.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2013, 04:52:28 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
When was the last time a player had a suspected ACL tear like this and it ended up being something else? Unfortunately I fear he's gone for the season. :(

No one knows what it is.  The suspected tear is just an unsubstantiated rumor.  There's talk of it being a sprain, a meniscal issue, a contusion, etc.

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2013, 05:00:42 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Hope Rose can right his career, injuries like that suck.

I think this opens the chance for the Cs to get Boozer for a Humphries/Lee combo. Bulls have to include their Charlotte 2014 pick. Maybe Humphries/Bogans so the Bulls cut more salaries instead of using amnesty provision on Boozer.

As for the proposed Rondo/Wallace to the Bulls trade, I wouldn't do it because Rondo is a top 10 player, and although there's a lot of value on that return, you are getting to start again with a rookie PG, and that's a big risk.

Mirotic will be a quality starter, maybe an All Star, but you never know. He's improved every year, and he should stay for another season with Real Madrid. This season his team defense and rebounding is getting to the point you should expect from him, but he could use some more time in Europe, even if he's already the best player not in the NBA. I hope Rudy Fernández and Sergio Rodríguez advice him not to go too soon to the NBA, like they did. Right now, their team is playing the most exciting ball I've seen in Europe in 25-30 years, and beating their opponents by almost 30 a game average, so I hope he can stay here until 2015 summer.

Mirotic has nothing to do with Gallinari, his game is somehow similar to Luis Scola, but better at everything, has an automatic FIBA corner three pointer, can defend the post, rebound, put in on the floor... he's a legit power forward. I really doubt Chicago trades his rights, they're waiting for Boozer to get off their books so they can offer Mirotic a good contract.

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2013, 05:11:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Hope Rose can right his career, injuries like that suck.

I think this opens the chance for the Cs to get Boozer for a Humphries/Lee combo. Bulls have to include their Charlotte 2014 pick. Maybe Humphries/Bogans so the Bulls cut more salaries instead of using amnesty provision on Boozer.

As for the proposed Rondo/Wallace to the Bulls trade, I wouldn't do it because Rondo is a top 10 player, and although there's a lot of value on that return, you are getting to start again with a rookie PG, and that's a big risk.

Mirotic will be a quality starter, maybe an All Star, but you never know. He's improved every year, and he should stay for another season with Real Madrid. This season his team defense and rebounding is getting to the point you should expect from him, but he could use some more time in Europe, even if he's already the best player not in the NBA. I hope Rudy Fernández and Sergio Rodríguez advice him not to go too soon to the NBA, like they did. Right now, their team is playing the most exciting ball I've seen in Europe in 25-30 years, and beating their opponents by almost 30 a game average, so I hope he can stay here until 2015 summer.

Mirotic has nothing to do with Gallinari, his game is somehow similar to Luis Scola, but better at everything, has an automatic FIBA corner three pointer, can defend the post, rebound, put in on the floor... he's a legit power forward. I really doubt Chicago trades his rights, they're waiting for Boozer to get off their books so they can offer Mirotic a good contract.

WOW, what an awful trade for the Bulls. Why would they trade Boozer AND teh Bobcats 1st rounder for that useless package? We would need to give a few 1st rounders in that deal just to get Boozer for Humphries and Lee without the Bobcats pick being in the deal.

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2013, 05:25:02 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
KC Johnson
Per sources, Derrick Rose tore his right meniscus and will need surgery.

Wojo also confirms

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2013, 05:25:50 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
KC Johnson
Per sources, Derrick Rose tore his right meniscus and will need surgery.

not nearly as bad as an acl/mcl

« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2013, 05:35:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
what's the recovery time on a torn meniscus?

« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2013, 05:35:56 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Depends very much on the degree of the tear, and what sort of surgery they do. They could remove it or try to stitch it depending on the damage.

« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2013, 05:42:03 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
Depends very much on the degree of the tear, and what sort of surgery they do. They could remove it or try to stitch it depending on the damage.

If they can repair meniscus, as doctors were able to do w/ @russwest44, Rose could return this season. If they have to shave, it's worse.

David Aldridge

« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2013, 05:43:31 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
That sucks wonder if his long layoff had to do with anything he took a LOT of time off and has been going hard. Another year or everything seeming to break for Miami next thing you know watch Hibbert go down and their gifted a trip to the finals. Smh
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2013, 05:47:23 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
That sucks wonder if his long layoff had to do with anything he took a LOT of time off and has been going hard. Another year or everything seeming to break for Miami next thing you know watch Hibbert go down and their gifted a trip to the finals. Smh

I thought i read that he had a greater chance of hurting the other leg because he would favor the other leg that was not the acl

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/23/orthopedic-surgeon-explains-why-odds-were-never-in-derrick-roses-favor/

« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2013, 05:47:38 PM »

Offline VitorSullyandKOFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Thank god is meniscus tear he will be out like 2 or 3 months a torn ACL would have been disastrous. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Re: Rose injures right knee during game (tears meniscus)
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2013, 05:52:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Bulls nation can't catch a break.

Wishing for both Rose and Rondo a speedy recovery. What would the NBA be like without two marquee explosive PGs?  :(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)