Author Topic: New vid of Jordan playing, saying he was better than Kobe  (Read 6597 times)

Re: New vid of Jordan playing, saying he was better than Kobe
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 09:58:50 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Thats gotta be frustrating, knowing whatever you do, MJ is still going to hit the shot on you.

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 10:13:22 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
I think the showdown between Kobe and Michael would be epic if you could somehow get them both in their primes...

The video was great, having gone to many basketball clinics when I was a kid, I remember trying to box out Clifford Ray, getting swatted by Robert Parish.. and the feeling is pretty cool, I can't even imagine what it would be like to try to guard Michael Jordan, I am sure he would've dunked on me several times. An experience of a lifetime for those kids.

MJ in his prime > Kobe in his prime...on steroids...period. haha

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
That blonde kid should be ashamed of himself.  How many people have the opportunity to play Michael Jordan one-on-one?  And this moron just stands their with his thumb up his butt while MJ hits a few uncontested jumpers.

And then the stupid kids in the background yelling out "dunk it, dunk it".  These kids didn't appreciate what they were in the presense of.

That's a TP.
(Would someone please put CW35 over the top? Thanks!)

(Thanks to the poster that did!  ;))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 11:44:02 AM by Amager Celtic Fan »

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 05:25:35 PM »

Offline Celtsfan33/34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Let's put it this way.  If Kobe was in his prime in the 80's and early 90's when you could hand check, get away with more physicality, his game would be garbage.  Now put MJ in todays league.....Sheer dominance.  Not only would MJ beat Kobe, but Bird, Magic, Nique, Zeke, Bernard King, and any other gifted player from that era would smoke Kobe in their primes.  Can you imagine Kobe trying to guard Bird??  The thought is laughable.

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 05:49:48 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Michael totally dominated those kids.  He's wicked good at basketball.

It took me so long to actually admit to myself that Jordan was better than Bird, and it's going take a hell of a lot more than Kobe's (or anyone) has shown me to now admit that there's anyone greater than him.
Yup

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 06:16:11 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Poor Kobe.  First Paul says he's better and now this! Blasphemy! ;D
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 06:29:26 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
i think i'm beginning to see Danny's plan...why pay posey 6 mil for the next 5 years, when you can get MJ for much less? haha seriously, if we could get him out of retirement to play with us, i'd be excited...MJ at 45 is even better than the idea of reggie miller at 41 last year, i think!   :P

Hahaha! A shiver went up my spine at the thought of it.  It would be so sweeeet. :P

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 07:11:41 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Michael totally dominated those kids.  He's wicked good at basketball.

It took me so long to actually admit to myself that Jordan was better than Bird, and it's going take a hell of a lot more than Kobe's (or anyone) has shown me to now admit that there's anyone greater than him.

well as even jordan mentioned it in the video, the game changes with the decades. its hard to compare players through the way they played in the nba. can we really compare garnett to russell? or players like chris paul to bob cousy?

Become Legendary.