Author Topic: Josh Howard Is An Idiot  (Read 14120 times)

Josh Howard Is An Idiot
« on: April 25, 2008, 06:38:48 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I was just watching ESPN and they just played a clip of Josh Howard on Michael Irving's radio show.  He admitted to smoking marijuana and said that he's not the only one, that there are many players in the NBA with the same problem and the problem is widely known throughout the league.  Did anyone else see it?

Now if he wants to dime on himself for using an illegal substance, that is one thing, but to implicate others is just asinine! ::)

If this starts some big mess, he'll be the most hated player in the league.

"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: Josh Howard Is An Idiot
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
I just saw it too.

Total Idiot - I am sure his calendar will have a date scheduled w/ Mr. Stern in the not-so-distant future.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
So thats why Howards been trying to change the Maverick's intro music to Cypress Hills "Hits from The Bong"

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 07:05:10 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
With the way that Stern is supposedly trying to crack down on misbehavior, why would you throw him up a softball like this one?

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 07:12:49 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Josh has just proven smoking pot kills brain cells.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 07:21:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The Jose Canseco of NBA weed smoking?

Not a shocker if true.  Remember "Inhale to The Chief"?

Yup

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
He's stated this before, and the league (or at least the teams) knew about it already, it's part of why he dropped to 29th in the draft despite being the ACC player of the year.  I've heard interviews about this in the past.

Secondly, it's known but rarely mentioned that quite a few NBA players smoke pot, even though they test for it now; it's easier to play the next day relative to drinking and doesn't affect the wind of an athlete like cigarettes do.  It also apparently produces a pleasant, semi-euphoric state known on the streets as "being high". 

Not necessarily smart of him to speak up about it, with Stern as obsessed with image (vs actually fixing things) as he is.  Still, it's been going on for awhile (hell, most of the 86 team did it to some degree at some point in their careers), it's going on now, and it'll be going on for the foreseeable future.  Oddly enough, we've yet to see the devastating life and health consequences that we all know marijuana use has anywhere in this high-profile sample  ;) .

Now, if you want to call him stupid, here's a better tack: from his Wiki page "In order to get into Wake Forest, Howard needed an SAT score of at least 950. Howard did not get a 950, saying his score was "somewhere in the 500s""  Remember, you get a 400 just for signing your name...

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 07:31:37 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
By no means a shocker, but why even say anything? There's literally nothing to gain, and the loss could be as severe a suspension from a playoff game

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 07:38:08 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
As a PS, I imagine, but am not sure, that stating that you use a substance banned in the CBA is probably not grounds for suspension...he may earn himself a few extra drug tests, but I believe a positive drug test is the only grounds for a drug-related suspension.  They might try to shoehorn it into a "conduct detrimental to the league" thing but the union would probably fight it pretty strongly.

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 07:54:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
  It also apparently produces a pleasant, semi-euphoric state known on the streets as "being high".

Thanks for explaining in layman's terms  ;)
Yup

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 07:59:39 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Nothing we haven't heard before, quite a few people have claimed of the wide use of weed in the NBA, and overall in sports in general.

But it was completely idiotic to bring it now during the playoffs.  It's complete stupidity.  And here are some worrying about how Tib might disrupt the Celtics with the head coaching job offers hehe.

Other than his stupidity, I don't think this would be a big issue for the Mavs. Who knows, maybe it'll get them angry enough to start playing with some passion.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 08:21:58 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 08:01:05 PM »

Offline Fastbreak

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
We all agree that Josh is an idiot but, it's the media that cracks me up...they are shocked  ;) ..gotta give Josh a break..he did say that he doesn't smoke weed during the basketball season..can all of us say the same? :-X

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
from a friend who used to toke it up with a former celtic (won't name names) - a good portion of the league smokes the reefer, so J.Howard isn't off base, but he was dumb to say it - these people are role models for the kids....
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 09:04:37 PM »

Offline Reverie

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I mean first of all Josh Howard probably isn't the smartest guy in the NBA.  Second of all NBA players are not the intelligent in their own right so this just further illuminates his poor state of mind.  He clearly doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.  Now in regards to illegal substances...I don't really care what he does in his private life.  If he wants to smoke weed...who cares?  I don't really perceive NBA players as being role models for kids.  To be honest I wouldn't care about the youths of this country if I was an NBA player myself.  He owes it to himself and his family to make a decent living.  He's not responsible for the kids who look up to him in my opinion.  Now with that stated I feel that it is obvious he kicked himself in the butt here because this could implicate him in the eyes of the NBA.  However, I don't feel it is fair to assess the situation from the point of view of impressionable kids.  Totally off topic. 

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 09:05:47 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  It also apparently produces a pleasant, semi-euphoric state known on the streets as "being high".

Thanks for explaining in layman's terms  ;)

Well, I know a lotta you guys have jobs and wives and mortgages and all that nonsense, so I figured I'd put my street savvy to some use for y'all.  ;D