Author Topic: Observations from the stands - Game 5  (Read 1748 times)

Observations from the stands - Game 5
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:45:03 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I've enjoyed reading these threads throughout the playoffs, and I'm very glad to have finally gone to a game in the Garden so I can add my input.  Here are my thoughts from seeing the live action (although I was in the 13th row of the balcony and the smoke from the fireworks made it kind of hazy for the first quarter or so)...

-That was the easily the best game of Rondo's NBA career.  Hopefully it was a break out game and we can see some consistent performances like this, especially on the road

-No one could contain LeBron in the first half, but Paul stepped up and did a great job in the third quarter.  It was the difference in the game.  That was on pace for being one of those monster Game 5's for LeBron before they made those adjustments.

-KG stepped up in a pivotal game.  He didn't do anything special down the stretch but he put them in a position where they didn't need it.  Monster on the boards, blocking shots, and knocking down some shots.  Very impressive shooting off the dribble.  The man truly is a presence, and fun to watch.

-Big Baby added some great energy off the bench in the second half (including that goofy fourth quarter bit they do on the jumbotron)

-P.J. Brown went out there and threw his weight around, exactly what we need him to do when he's in there.  Use those fouls big guy, especially on Varajeo.

-I'd love to see Delonte back in green when his contract is up.  Replace House with him and we become a heck of a lot better team.

-Great to see Antoine at the game, he's looking like he lost some weight.  Some other faces in the crowd included Maroney and Seymour from the Pats, Rob Lowe, JoJo, Jay Z and Beyonce ( I love Jay Z and its obviously great seeing Beyonce anywhere, but they are friends with LeBron so I could't cheer them when I saw them.)  The usual Celts were there, Jo Jo White and M.L. Carr were up on the jumbotron.

-The ending was very frustrating.  I understand Rajon passing the ball in for the last minute or so because we don't want him on the line.  However before that he should've been running off picks and getting the ball.  Posey, Ray, and Paul showed they should'nt have it in that situation.

-I know this has been said before but please don't chant "overrated" at LeBron, ever.  I thought a "Where's your momma" chant would've been a lot funnier personally.  Also, the people next to us were chanting "it's all over" with 3 minutes left.  Let's save that for when we're up by 20 and not 8.

-Overall a great win.  Great team performance, led by 2/3 of the Big 3 and the Big PG.  It was awesome to finally be home from school and get in the Garden for a playoff game.  The atmosphere can not be described.  I don't have a voice, and the people behind me spilt beer all over my Rondo shirt, but still no complaints.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."