Author Topic: Antoine was at the game (5)  (Read 7414 times)

Re: Antoine was at the game (5)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 01:24:06 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Paul HAS to start dropping the wiggle in honor of our boy 'Toine.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 01:38:50 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
You know, I kind of miss Antoine in these games (the '01-'02 version).  I think he would have loosened things up a bit.  The team we have gets way too tense.

Just so long as Kenyon Martin wasn't playing for the other team.  Those games were disasters.

Get your facts right.  Toine killed KMart in the 02 playoffs.  KMart got the better of a gimpy Toine in the 03 playoffs. 

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 01:52:21 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I was hoping Lucky would pick him to hold the ball on his super dunk between the third and fourth quarters, but alas he chose Richard Seymour.

'toine was always more of an "it is better to receive than it is to give" type of guy... :)

Really ... TP, AJ ... nailed it. (Or a "glass-is-half-full" kinda guy, as long as the glass was his) We loved ya in green, though, 'Toine ... seriously!  ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 06:58:12 AM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
maybe he was brought in to give inspirational 4th quarter speeches in cae we went down 20.  come to think of it, maybe he was brought in to give inspirational 1st quarter speeches in case we went down 14.
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 07:43:29 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

i know you're joking, miraclejohnan, but i think the team could seriously use one of the big 3 to make a speech like antoine did in one of these road games.

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 09:08:13 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I think Antoine might offer to pay Danny to bring him back next year.

That Eddie House sig. is awesome.

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 09:27:02 AM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Toine is one my favorite Celtics ever. He couldnt be the wisest player, but this guy bleeds green all the way. Also, he brought something we lack of lateley... leadership.... and a cheerleader in the bench :)

NF.
#18 is coming...

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 10:07:16 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Bring in Antoine next year as an emotional leader........ we don't have to play him, he can just get on player's cases when they are not doing what they should be doing.... I know KG has been said to already do this, but I haven't seen that during these playoffs... I honestly don't think KG gets on Paul or Ray when they make a big mistake.... I know Antoine would have no problem getting in Ray, Paul, or even KG's face.

Antoine '08-'09 !!!!!!!!

Get it done Danny