Author Topic: writing on the wall?  (Read 2003 times)

writing on the wall?
« on: May 14, 2008, 04:41:32 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this....

is the writing on the wall for tony allen and eddie house that they wont be here next year?  both will be free agents and not in the playoff rotation. the playoffs normally call for a smaller rotation, but i wonder if the celtics value those two players skills and contributions? i also wonder if the celtics do want to re-sign both or one of them, if the players will feel "slighted" and will look to sign elsewhere.

Re: writing on the wall?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 04:47:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
It's safe to say House will not be back.  I think that was the plan from Day 1. 

Tony seems to be headed that way too, but there's more of a chance he'd be back than Eddie.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 04:51:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
I can't imagine Eddie House returning after being left out of the rotation come playoff time. He'll be gone.

Tony Allen is a trickier question, completely depends on the interest he recieves this summer. If someone makes him a solid offer I think there's a very strong chance Danny lets him go. If the interest is weak he'll probably return for one more year at low money. I don't think it's likely Danny signs him to a multi-year contract. As for Tony feeling slighted, I expect his first choice will be to leave but he'd be content staying.

James Posey's future with the team could also be a deciding factor for Tony. If James opted out and left (larger, longer contract offer elsewhere?) I think Tony would definitely want to stay. If Posey returns for another year the liklihood is lower for Tony returning.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 04:58:29 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think the Celtics plan on replacing House with Pruitt and Allen with a 1st round pick.

Resign Posey.  Try to resign Brown and Cassell.  (though Cassell could play himself out of that roll.)

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 08:04:24 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I like what House brings to the table and I'd like to see him stay, but if I was him I'd want out.

Tony Allen is young, but he hasn't shown the progression I'd like to see.  If he wants to sign for low dollars sure, but don't pay him.