Author Topic: Apparently Paul Pierce doesn't mind another 7-game series  (Read 4375 times)

Apparently Paul Pierce doesn't mind another 7-game series
« on: May 13, 2008, 06:07:27 PM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
In fact, Pierce said he prefers not waiting around for the next round.

"I like it," said Pierce. "We continue to play instead of sit around. I don't like to sit around three, four, five days anyway.

"We are playing. We got a rhythm going. Hopefully, we can take it into Game 1 of the Cleveland series. I think the guys will be fine. We got a bunch of old guys. We don't need to sit around too much."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/05/06/celtics_view_quickly_in_focus/

Maybe this is why he doesn't take it to the basket as often as he should on the road.

Re: Apparently Paul Pierce doesn't mind another 7-game series
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
That's taken a bit out of context, isn't it?  I mean, he gave that quote after the Atlanta series.  What was he supposed to say, after they just wrapped up a seven game series?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 07:13:41 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
When the alternative is losing a series in any amount of games, of course winning in 7 is ok.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yea i don't get what your trying to say with this thread....
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:30:15 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
game 5 of the cavs series is tomorrow.  u posted this today, when pierce was discussing game 7 of the atl series.  ::)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 01:26:56 PM by dark_lord_rises_again »

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 10:41:29 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
game 5 of the cavs series is tomorrow.  u posted this today, when pierce was discussing game 7 of the alt series.  ::)

TP dark, i needed that chuckle.  ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 05:31:37 PM »

• Al Horford
I knew it was written after game 7. It doesn't make what he said irrelevant to this series though. My point is a longer series isn't the end of the world to Paul Pierce. I heard him say he wants to finish this series in 6 on Fox Sports Net so I'll be watching closely on his production these next 2 games, especially at Cleveland in Game 6. I'm a fan of his, I have his #34 jersey, but I'm tired of seeing dumb basketball and immature actions from him. He's a 10 year vet, he's 30 years old, he should be smarter than this.

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 05:50:24 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I knew it was written after game 7. It doesn't make what he said irrelevant to this series though. My point is a longer series isn't the end of the world to Paul Pierce. I heard him say he wants to finish this series in 6 on Fox Sports Net so I'll be watching closely on his production these next 2 games, especially at Cleveland in Game 6. I'm a fan of his, I have his #34 jersey, but I'm tired of seeing dumb basketball and immature actions from him. He's a 10 year vet, he's 30 years old, he should be smarter than this.

It's not the end of the world. ::)  We all want them to win and they want to win too, but be real, this is just a game.  There are more important things in life.

I remember Manny saying the same things last season and everyone got upset.... then they won the WS.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 05:52:31 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
When the alternative is losing a series in any amount of games, of course winning in 7 is ok.

Exactly, no matter how many games it does take, the important thing is to be in the next round.

NF.
#18 is coming...

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 06:42:16 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Haha yup TP for dark..."FARVA'S NUMBER 1!"

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 10:55:20 PM »

• Al Horford
Paul Pierce Game 5: 11/13 FT's. That's the Paul Pierce that really wants to win. Passing up a 3-pointer in the middle of the air to KG, running towards the hoop, getting it back and slamming it in!!!

Game 4: 1/2 FT's

Game 6??

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 11:06:46 PM »

Offline kgiessler

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 96
Paul Pierce Game 5: 11/13 FT's. That's the Paul Pierce that really wants to win. Passing up a 3-pointer in the middle of the air to KG, running towards the hoop, getting it back and slamming it in!!!

Game 4: 1/2 FT's

Game 6??

I've got to hand it to you, you are quite the strong spirit to go back to this thread and then call yourself out on it...integrity, I like it.  The world could use more of it.

TP
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain and most fools do."¯ - Franklin

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 11:12:50 PM »

• Al Horford
I never said PP didn't want to win. I don't get what you think I'm calling myself out for. I implied that he didn't try as hard in Game 4 by not getting to the Free Throw Line enough, getting close shots driving to the basket, so he didn't want to win as bad as he did tonights game. IOW, there was no urgency in PP's game in Game 4 but there was in Game 5 on the Home Court. I guess I'm not being clear enough writing in this thread.