Author Topic: Time For the Stars To Shine!  (Read 12186 times)

Re: Time For the Stars To Shine!
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2008, 06:27:03 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Well, the Stars didn't shine last night, and it was storm clouds that prevailed. Nobody stepped up, really, and there was no clear leadership happening, or anyone setting the example. The boyz didn't rely on the things that they did just two nights ago, and it's perplexing.

Doc was really horrible .... really bizarre rotation, and some lousy play-calling. Bad shot selection, not running consistently or attacking the basket much, and there were multiple times near the end of the game, where NOBODY wanted to take the shot!

There's no way the C's should have lost this game, and it's about the most frustrated I've been in a long time! I don't care how good they are, if they play again Sunday like they played tonight, the crowd won't be enough to keep them from losing.

Once again this topic becomes pertinent, because somebody has GOT to step up in a big way and show this team the leadership and heart it desperately needs. We need Pierce or KG or even Ray, to be the "Superstar" they're supposed to be, and have a 30 or 40 plus night!

What happened to the enthusiasm and heart and spirit of just two nights ago? Why is it so difficult for these guys to sustain what they've been doing all year long? The "Big Three" don't look so big right now, and it's about time they lived up to their moniker.

The whole Doc issue is just way too upsetting to go there ... I have NO clue what the heck he was doing, but it made very little sense at times, and when we NEEDED to have our best team on the floor, he kept the subs in. In a playoff game?!?

It's almost like this isn't even the playoffs, and there's no sense of urgency or determination, or clear thinking and good decisions. Wake up goys, and Doc ... this is the playoffs, and it's time to start playing like it!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2008, 03:30:27 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I had an epiphany tonight, (a very rare occurrance), and the catalyst had a most unexpected source: I'm watching the TNT wrap-up ... I really am not crazy about Charles Barkley, and most of what he says about the C's is generally negative. But I actually agreed with his statements tonight, stating that none of the "Big Three" have really stepped up and put their imprint on a game yet, and they need to. He's absolutely right ... this is the playoffs, and these guys are superstars. "Stepping up" and taking over a game is what we pay them for, it's what a superstar is expected to do, required to do, especially when up against a wall, or in the all-important post-season. They haven't done it yet, and it's time.

Maybe they've bought into the "team concept" so deeply, that they've forgotten that they're individual players, with special talents, and more importantly, special and unique motivational abilities. Don't get me worng, I LOVE the team spirit and coordination that this group has ... it's really quite special, and is a rare thing to see these days. But being a "star" means that you're a very special part of this unit, a part unto itself, that has the incredible elements required to dominate a game, and provide the leadership and spark needed to give the rest of the team direction and confidence.

No matter how closely "We Not Me" is followed and made the focus of your team's energies, someone still needs to LEAD ... someone has to step up and set the standard, provide direction, and instill CONFIDENCE into the rest. I think they may have forgotten this just a bit, in their, (quite admirable), efforts to produce a true, functioning, cohesive UNIT. Of all the elements that went into these past two losses, that seems to me to have been the common threads: lack of leadership, direction and confidence ... the things that we look to a superstar to provide.

Despite my many reservations about most of what Chuck says, he really nailed this one. We've got three-plus guys who have these qualities, and it seems like each one is waiting for one of the others to make the move. The waiting's over ... at least one of them has got to be "the man" ... whatever that means or however it's defined. One of our stars needs to be just that: a STAR. One of these amazingly talented athletes, who have spent the regular season proving that they can be part of a successful team, now needs to prove that they can be the star we hired them to be ... the leader that this unit is begging and poised to rally behind. They need to set the standard, instill the confidence, and light the way to the championship they've worked so hard to attain.

I absolutely love "We Not Me" ... I am probably one of the biggest proponents of the team ethic, and the power of a cohesive functioning "posse". But the time has come, for the sake of themselves and their team-mates, for one or more of our heroes to take on that mantle ... to be the superstar that we believe in, that their team believes in, and show us all the path to success. The team is there, behind them, and there's no longer a need to focus on that unit exclusively ... they'll be ready, to back them up and provide the meat to this victory sandwhich. It's time for one or more of our champions to prove that they're worthy of the moniker. It's time to be the leader, the star, the hero, and the ultimate warrior.

It's TIME ... time to put the "I" in "UNIT"!

Go Celtics!

The time was right to resurrect this thread ... we never needed our Big Three "Stars" to step-up anymore than we do right NOW! Ray, Paul and KG: Please show us you're worthy of the moniker "Superstar" and lead this team to a road-win! We know you can do it, we have faith in you, and we're right here to cheer you on! Go Celtics ... it's time for your Stars to shine!!

Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2008, 03:44:19 AM »

Offline WedmanIsMyHero

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
Does anyone know how the minutes the Big 3 played compared to the minutes the older guys on the Spurs have played the last few years?  Maybe after playing at a playoff intensity all year, instead of taking the first half of the season off the way the Spurs did in 2007 and this year, the Big 3 are just tired. . . .

I had an epiphany tonight, (a very rare occurrance), and the catalyst had a most unexpected source: I'm watching the TNT wrap-up ... I really am not crazy about Charles Barkley, and most of what he says about the C's is generally negative. But I actually agreed with his statements tonight, stating that none of the "Big Three" have really stepped up and put their imprint on a game yet, and they need to. He's absolutely right ... this is the playoffs, and these guys are superstars. "Stepping up" and taking over a game is what we pay them for, it's what a superstar is expected to do, required to do, especially when up against a wall, or in the all-important post-season. They haven't done it yet, and it's time.

Maybe they've bought into the "team concept" so deeply, that they've forgotten that they're individual players, with special talents, and more importantly, special and unique motivational abilities. Don't get me worng, I LOVE the team spirit and coordination that this group has ... it's really quite special, and is a rare thing to see these days. But being a "star" means that you're a very special part of this unit, a part unto itself, that has the incredible elements required to dominate a game, and provide the leadership and spark needed to give the rest of the team direction and confidence.

No matter how closely "We Not Me" is followed and made the focus of your team's energies, someone still needs to LEAD ... someone has to step up and set the standard, provide direction, and instill CONFIDENCE into the rest. I think they may have forgotten this just a bit, in their, (quite admirable), efforts to produce a true, functioning, cohesive UNIT. Of all the elements that went into these past two losses, that seems to me to have been the common threads: lack of leadership, direction and confidence ... the things that we look to a superstar to provide.

Despite my many reservations about most of what Chuck says, he really nailed this one. We've got three-plus guys who have these qualities, and it seems like each one is waiting for one of the others to make the move. The waiting's over ... at least one of them has got to be "the man" ... whatever that means or however it's defined. One of our stars needs to be just that: a STAR. One of these amazingly talented athletes, who have spent the regular season proving that they can be part of a successful team, now needs to prove that they can be the star we hired them to be ... the leader that this unit is begging and poised to rally behind. They need to set the standard, instill the confidence, and light the way to the championship they've worked so hard to attain.

I absolutely love "We Not Me" ... I am probably one of the biggest proponents of the team ethic, and the power of a cohesive functioning "posse". But the time has come, for the sake of themselves and their team-mates, for one or more of our heroes to take on that mantle ... to be the superstar that we believe in, that their team believes in, and show us all the path to success. The team is there, behind them, and there's no longer a need to focus on that unit exclusively ... they'll be ready, to back them up and provide the meat to this victory sandwhich. It's time for one or more of our champions to prove that they're worthy of the moniker. It's time to be the leader, the star, the hero, and the ultimate warrior.

It's TIME ... time to put the "I" in "UNIT"!

Go Celtics!

The time was right to resurrect this thread ... we never needed our Big Three "Stars" to step-up anymore than we do right NOW! Ray, Paul and KG: Please show us you're worthy of the moniker "Superstar" and lead this team to a road-win! We know you can do it, we have faith in you, and we're right here to cheer you on! Go Celtics ... it's time for your Stars to shine!!

Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!            Go Celtics!

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2008, 04:21:30 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i keep hearing "we can't go away from what we've been doing all year" which obviously is team basketball, signified by individual stats, but to be honest, we need to. it's time to start showing why we brought ray allen to this ball club. time for kg to start doing what he's been doing for the last decade, and the same goes for paul. because if any of those three starts doing what they've been known to do, it gives us an outstanding chance against anyone.

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2008, 09:55:19 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
i keep hearing "we can't go away from what we've been doing all year" which obviously is team basketball, signified by individual stats, but to be honest, we need to. it's time to start showing why we brought ray allen to this ball club. time for kg to start doing what he's been doing for the last decade, and the same goes for paul. because if any of those three starts doing what they've been known to do, it gives us an outstanding chance against anyone.

Absolutely, (TP), and that's the thrust of what I'm getting at. Truth used to have 35-point games on a regular basis when he was carrying this team alone, KG used to have them as well when in Minny, and Ray stepped-up big on numerous occasions, and yet we've yet to really see that from any of them.

It's time for one of these guys, (or more), to "take over" a game and go off on these Cavs! They're "superstars", that's what they're known for, (among other things), and the "team" concept won't suffer at all because of it. On the contrary, the team concept needs a leader as much as a team without it, and these three guys are the ones responsible for doing just that!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 11:05:09 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Safe to say they answered the call tonight.  KG was huge!  Pierce was kinda huge!  Ray was, well, he wasn't all that huge, but he made a big play at the end (we'll not mention the bonehead turnover prior to that)...And the biggest star RONDO with a career night!
Yup