Author Topic: Now go after Noel  (Read 3020 times)

Now go after Noel
« on: June 26, 2015, 01:07:44 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Im sure Philly would rather a lineup with Ofafor and Embiid (if healthy) than Okafor and Noel..

They have absolutely no backcourt while the Celtics are overflowing now ..

Offer Smart and a protected 1st for Noel

Re: Now go after Noel
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 01:14:52 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
NOOO we keep smart
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 01:17:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
They would want to move Okafor or Embid not Noel. Noel has a place in this league and may actually be able to play PF along side either Okafor or Embid. Trading for Noel is over.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 01:35:12 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Im sure Philly would rather a lineup with Ofafor and Embiid (if healthy) than Okafor and Noel..

A defensively-questionable frontcourt with shaky spacing? The spacing with any mix of the three is going to be meh at best, but the defensive potential of Noel and Embiid or Okafor is infinitely better than Okafor + Embiid.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 01:42:11 PM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
definitely get Noel ASAP  ;D

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 01:50:58 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Smart + both BKN picks for Okafor  ???

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 01:56:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't believe we have the assets to get any of the philly bigs.  None of our assets project as all-stars.  MAAAAYBE Smart, but I don't think his trade value is what you think it is.

Also, while I love Noel, I think they will ultimately have to trade either embiid or okafor.  I can see Noel playing PF next to either of those guys... but can you imagine Embiid or Okafor playing PF?  I can't. 

Best move for Philly:  PLay a 3-man big rotation of those guys and have them play 32 minutes each.  Then wait as teams around the league desperately make plays for one of their franchise bigs.   If I'm then, I offer up Embiid for Jabari Parker.  Fair swap for both teams.   Embiid was seen as a better prospect before the draft.  His injury had him fall to #2... but Parker's injury negates that.  They are both coming off serious injuries.    Bucks already have MIddleton and Giannis and could use a center.   Philly could use a franchise player that isn't a center.   Makes sense.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 01:58:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
btw, I said it before and I'll say it again... I'd gladly trade Smart + All of our rookies for Noel... especially now after we see the rookies we ended up with.   

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 02:02:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
btw, I said it before and I'll say it again... I'd gladly trade Smart + All of our rookies for Noel... especially now after we see the rookies we ended up with.
In a hearbeat. I'd love to have Nerlens Noel here.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 02:03:23 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Okafor could def play the 4... great feet, has enough quickness

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 02:04:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't know if I'd give up quite that much for Noel, since I'm more bearish than bullish on his offensive potential, but I'd definitely be willing to give up Smart and another asset or two in order to get Noel.  The team really needs what Noel brings to the table on the defensive end.

I really like Smart, though, and would be sad to see him go, especially if the guy coming back is less than an All-Star prospect.  Noel may be very valuable in this league, but he'll probably never be an All-Star.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25
I would shop Bradley, KO, a Brooklyn first and another (not brooklyn) unprotected first for Noels. Gives them a solid backcourt piece and a stretch 4 bench guy to pair with okafor or embiid (if he is ever healthy). I hope Embiid is healthier than people say and ready to play next year. May make Philly more inclined to trade Noel for solid pieces that they need and one potentially great pick and another potential good pick.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 02:16:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2977
They ll laugh at all of Danny's stuff .

On thing we got is Smart .....and probably Zeller is worth more than many think.  He is a solid player off anybodies bench.  AB good to a contender ...but they have nothing to offer in the way of elite,picks in the 1-5 range.

KO , Sully and AB .....not elite material .....not build around players ......not worth much ...not proven and low ceilings.

All three would not get you Noel.

Embiid has big man syndrome .....can't heal fast ,  long bones in feet ....break easier than short thick bones..........he may never be able to stay healthy .

What a mess Danny ...you treasure trove are worth only more 12 and up picks.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 10:31:41 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Okafor could def play the 4... great feet, has enough quickness
No way.  The pro scouts are already saying he's at best an average defender at Center.  He would be well below average at Pf defensively

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 10:45:43 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Why protected? I'd offer Smart + our 2016 and a 2nd rounder for him right now.

We are already seeing what Nerlens' worst case scenario. The dude can still improve and is a guy I would be willing to overpay for.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace