Author Topic: The Official Guerschon Yabusele Shanghai-CBA 2016/17 Season Highlights Thread  (Read 24821 times)

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Please join Zizic in Turkey.  We need you guys to come through like gangbusters, and I'm pretty sure everyone that has posted in this thread could do damage in Gina...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Danny has publicly stated that Draymond Green was third on his board and would have been taken if Sullinger went before our pick. Is Yabu his attempt to reel in another Draymond?

This Chinese competition is probably helping his confidence which could mean either that he takes those good vibes and builds on them once he gets stateside or runs into a nasty wall when he gets to the NBA.

FWIW Draymond was coming off an extremely productive college career and came into the league thinking that he belonged. Maybe Yabu can do the same.

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Vs Tongxi (23 pts, 7 rbs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIDUgWu9ceQ

You can question his competition but you cannot question his toughness and motor.

Is it my imagination or does he look more svelte than he did in summer league?  To me he looked a bit overweight/lumbering in summer league to where I didn't see any potential in him.  Here he looks like he may be an asset for us.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He can get above the rim when he has a head of steam, but does anyone notice that on the majority of his shots at the rim his toes barely get off the ground?  It's fine in China, but I'm not sure how that will translate.

At least his shooting looks beautiful in the highlights.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
He can get above the rim when he has a head of steam, but does anyone notice that on the majority of his shots at the rim his toes barely get off the ground?  It's fine in China, but I'm not sure how that will translate.

At least his shooting looks beautiful in the highlights.
Definitely, hope he can be a Draymond Green type of guy 😂
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Vs Tongxi (23 pts, 7 rbs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIDUgWu9ceQ

You can question his competition but you cannot question his toughness and motor.

Is it my imagination or does he look more svelte than he did in summer league?  To me he looked a bit overweight/lumbering in summer league to where I didn't see any potential in him.  Here he looks like he may be an asset for us.

His body fat reportedly dropped from 9% to 6%, so it might not be completely your imagination.

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
In that game against Tongxi you get to see him as an enforcer.
He comes in from the 3 Point Line to stick up for a teammate and push a 7-footer around like he's tyler zeller.

In addition to his speed and quickness off the ground, I hope he can bring that nasty to the NBA. We need players willing to take a fine and knock someone around to send a message. That's something that we haven't had since Perk.

My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
In that game against Tongxi you get to see him as an enforcer.
He comes in from the 3 Point Line to stick up for a teammate and push a 7-footer around like he's tyler zeller.

In addition to his speed and quickness off the ground, I hope he can bring that nasty to the NBA. We need players willing to take a fine and knock someone around to send a message. That's something that we haven't had since Perk.

He wants to be the next Draymond Green, so if he makes it you might get your wish.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
and here are some more highlights on yubusele. 32 points and 14 rebounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1mAITjzZJo&feature=youtu.be

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 01:57:08 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
34/15/5. Sweet.

TP for the link!

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I would love for Yabby to land on top of Le wimp and crush him.

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Announcer was a bit over the top with his homer praise for Yabul... ;D

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Nice link hes a beast

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
Yabu is starting to play like an MVP on a scub league, and that's a good sign. Jimmer was holding back his game with all that chucking. Yabu is also unselfish but aggressive when he takes it to the rim.

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Does anybody know the correct pronunciation of his last name?

I think most announcers are saying yeah boo selly

My schoolboy French tells me it's yeah boo suh lay

Any French speaking persons want to chime in?