Author Topic: The Official Guerschon Yabusele Shanghai-CBA 2016/17 Season Highlights Thread  (Read 24816 times)

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
1. I can't decide if this is guy fat or just has one of those bulky bodies.

2. The white team does not know what returning back to defense off a rebound is.
It's yellow...he's in China
trump, is that you?
No, I misunderstood that the white team was referred by their shirts and not the colour of their skin. Btw yellow is not racist to Chinese people, they call themselves that sometimes

My parents spent quite a lot of time in PRC back in the 80's and 90's, and my father, who is marginally fluent in Mandarin, said he NEVER even once heard a resident of that country refer to his countrymen as "yellow" or anything like that.  Where do you reside in China, or Taiwan, and are you fluent in Mandarin? 

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

2. The white team does not know what returning back to defense off a rebound is.
trump, is that you?
No, I misunderstood that the white team was referred by their shirts and not the colour of their skin. Btw yellow is not racist to Chinese people, they call themselves that sometimes

My parents spent quite a lot of time in PRC back in the 80's and 90's, and my father, who is marginally fluent in Mandarin, said he NEVER even once heard a resident of that country refer to his countrymen as "yellow" or anything like that.  Where do you reside in China, or Taiwan, and are you fluent in Mandarin?
Hong Kong. Yes I'm quite fluent in Mandarin. For the issue of yellow, try talking about genetics in sports with guys here and we'll say something like 黃種人D基因比黑人白人差 or something like that. Btw that's in Cantonese
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I'm generally of the opinion if it okay to identify one race by their skin color it is acceptable to do so for all. Either that, or it is wrong do so for all.

Call that ignorance or what ever you may, I'm not concerned.  I don't view any race as lesser than any other, nor would I ever take any discriminatory act against another race.

So maybe we should just stop referring to all races by an assigned skin "color". Otherwise you are a hypocrit of the highest order.
Completely agree, and I am "yellow" myself. I started this by misunderstanding the person who said the team was white (I did not notice that he was referring to their shirts rather than skin colour.) And as for the people saying it's racist, let me tell you guys, what happened in America isn't really related to this because the game is in China. In China we call our race as "yellow". I don't see anything wrong with calling my own race with a term that is widely accepted.

It's not at all accepted here in the States, and that is where this website is based, in case you hadn't noticed.  A lot of people think it's okay to call a Chinese person a "chink."  If I walked up to you and called you that to your face, you might rethink your position.
In case you haven't noticed, this is pretty much an international community and different cultures do clash. I don't have any problems being referred as yellow and neither do most guys living nearby."Chink" is more or less not really acceptable to any chinese person in the world while yellow is more of a controversial topic. Don't think there's a relation to both of the terms. You might beed to rethink your position
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Well yellow can be offensive, it depends on how you use it. But mostly in HK I don't think guys would go off like you guys if they were called yellow. It depends on whether are you saying something like "Oh you're yellow (usually there's a misunderstanding there), apologies." Or "You blahblahblah.".
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Alright, enough... so half of us in here are Chinese -- very cool.  Now. how good is Yabusele?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Alright, enough... so half of us in here are Chinese -- very cool.  Now. how good is Yabusele?
Oh. He's pretty good. I think he can be a starter type talent because of his rare combination of skills and physique
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

trump, is that you?

And talking about fathers, my father had a good laugh that yellow is an offensive term when it was used like I did. Where did your parents live in?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 To the person who asked is he fat, he definitely is not. That's probably the most incredible thing about him the man is 275 pounds no more than 13% body fat.

Sullinger was probably 26% body fat for example. Nerlens Noel was 4.2% body fat at the combine now that's insane.

This guy's body and athletism is pretty legendary.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
To the person who asked is he fat, he definitely is not. That's probably the most incredible thing about him the man is 275 pounds no more than 13% body fat.

Sullinger was probably 26% body fat for example. Nerlens Noel was 4.2% body fat at the combine now that's insane.

This guy's body and athletism is pretty legendary.
Yeah definitely agree, he's gonna be a starter talent if he continues working hard
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

trump, is that you?

And talking about fathers, my father had a good laugh that yellow is an offensive term when it was used like I did. Where did your parents live in?

Hangzhou.  It's a term that is very offensive to Americans, but if you insist on continuing to utilize here, I guess you simply don't give a [dang], your choice! 

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Come on guys, let's please move on from the race discussion. Start a new thread if you wish to legitimately debate the matter further.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Come on guys, let's please move on from the race discussion. Start a new thread if you wish to legitimately debate the matter further.

I concur.  Keep it to Yabs please. - Redz
Yup

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Boring

Like listening to Ordway and Fauria continually getting off subject

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 600
Vs Guangsha (25 pts, 15 rbs, 4 blks)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeCto3fB1Co

Yabu's slashing skills is being showcased.

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 600
Vs Tongxi (23 pts, 7 rbs)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIDUgWu9ceQ

You can question his competition but you cannot question his toughness and motor.