Author Topic: WELCOME BRANDAN WRIGHT  (Read 7964 times)

Re: WELCOME BRANDON WRIGHT
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 01:54:27 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
No. Youre not welcome Brandan Wright.

You cost us Rondo, its going to take more than dressing in Celtic Green for me to welcome you.

Its more like "Oh youre here, good. Now show us what you got and maybe we'll accept you."

I don't think I would go that far.  It's not Wright's fault he was traded here for Rondo.

I actually really like Wright as a player.  Really good, and productive, bench big.  Some contender out there could really use his services I imagine.  But his expiring contract complicates matters. If all we could get for Rondo was a late first round pick, how can we possibly expect to get anywhere near that for a far inferior player?

I understand the emotional nature of the situation, but I think Yoki's response is harsh. Not Wright's fault. Maybe Danny will ship him off soon (or later), but for the time being he brings an element this team hasn't had this year—rim protection—not to mention a great around-the-rim offensive player.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Re: WELCOME BRANDAN WRIGHT
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 01:54:44 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
When he starts throwin down some take your breath away slams off missed shots or cuts to basket for alley opps--this guy gets higher with his wingspan than you can imagine.Rondo wasn't here anymore,his actions from broken wrist,to kobe breakfast,his miserable performance in 4th quarters,his foul shooting---IT WAS TIME and i was a rondo apologist.I personally played against the best guard for celtics -BOB COUSY look at the banners.

Well i hope he takes my breath away.

As far as I know, hes an energy guy off the bench his entire career and he cost us one of the top PG in the league. Its going to take more than bench energy and dunks for my "breath to be taken away".

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 01:57:01 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i told my son to hold onto his Rondo green----IT IS A CLASSIC-----

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 01:58:35 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
i told my son to hold onto his Rondo green----IT IS A CLASSIC-----

Oh, my Rondo jersey will come out of retirement at Lolla this coming summer.  #Hoopster

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 01:58:53 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

You cost us Rondo, its going to take more than dressing in Celtic Green for me to welcome you.

Its more like "Oh youre here, good. Now show us what you got and maybe we'll accept you."

I don't think I would go that far.  It's not Wright's fault he was traded here for Rondo.

I actually really like Wright as a player.  Really good, and productive, bench big.  Some contender out there could really use his services I imagine.  But his expiring contract complicates matters. If all we could get for Rondo was a late first round pick, how can we possibly expect to get anywhere near that for a far inferior player?

I understand the emotional nature of the situation, but I think Yoki's response is harsh. Not Wright's fault. Maybe Danny will ship him off soon (or later), but for the time being he brings an element this team hasn't had this year—rim protection—not to mention a great around-the-rim offensive player.

Im sorry. Maybe im a bit harsh. My apologies to Brandan Wright (if hes reading this).

Danny Ainge thinks youre something, Brandan. Prove him right or i'll be calling for his head.

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 01:59:22 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
We just traded him for the best point guard the franchise has seen in the last 20 years. Excuse us if the ticker tape is a little slow.

Wright wasn't the only thing Boston got (and maybe not even the main thing, as Danny may see the draft picks as the primary attraction).

I agree that Rondo was our best PG of the last 20 years, and it's hard to lose a guy like that, but he also had some serious flaws, and he may also have been a victim of circumstance—he seems to be built for a team like the '08 Cs or the '14 Mavs (a team with lots of stud players); the current Cs team is full of youngsters, and by the time any of them get to be studs (if they ever do), Rondo would be too old. Round peg, square hole.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 02:04:06 PM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
man i love this one
http://youtu.be/TpOOZQLe4ao

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 02:04:31 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
We just traded him for the best point guard the franchise has seen in the last 20 years. Excuse us if the ticker tape is a little slow.

Wright wasn't the only thing Boston got (and maybe not even the main thing, as Danny may see the draft picks as the primary attraction).

I agree that Rondo was our best PG of the last 20 years, and it's hard to lose a guy like that, but he also had some serious flaws, and he may also have been a victim of circumstance—he seems to be built for a team like the '08 Cs or the '14 Mavs (a team with lots of stud players); the current Cs team is full of youngsters, and by the time any of them get to be studs (if they ever do), Rondo would be too old. Round peg, square hole.

Absolutely agreed. I think the TPE may be the most valuable thing, but that depends on what happens to it -- Wright's certainly the most important 'real player' in the deal, even if he is just a bit part.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 02:06:19 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

You mean a 2016 late first round pick is the primary attraction.

Oh, I guess it makes sense now. I mean Rondo for a pick two from now in the 25-30 range and an energy guy off the bench. Surely thats what Rondo was worth.

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 02:10:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 02:10:33 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
can"t live in past,that rondo was gone.He didn't even acknowledge kelly but favored Zeller.As much as rondo made great passes, this guy wright is magic above the rim. Thats his thing and he is a superstar at that.Lets see what brad can get out of kid or how he fits in ainges trade puzzle of thornton,bass,turner and hopefully not green.Horray! celtics have finally a high flyer that can dunk better than blake griffin

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 02:14:03 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I have to imagine the primary motivation for making this deal, in Ainge's mind, was bottoming out this season with Rondo gone in the hopes it increases our chances at securing a better lottery pick.

I don't like this logic, but I can't possibly believe Ainge really would be ok with such an otherwise paltry return for Rondo, despite the apparent fact that is the best deal the market bore out.

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 02:14:36 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em

Agreed
DKC Suns

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 02:27:46 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Heading into his draft, I was extremely high on Brandan Wright.  I was probably his biggest advocate on the blog, and I thought he'd develop into a legit star. 

If we were getting the Brandan Wright of my fever dreams, I'd be thrilled right now.  Unfortunately, the last eight years have told us that he's a pretty good bench player, but he's certainly never going to be what his potential said he could have been.

I'll root for him, but it's going to be hard being the "guy who was traded for Rondo".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2014, 02:36:25 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

You better get on james young for being the draft pick from Brooklyn we received for trading the best sf the franchise has had in the last 20 years.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)