Author Topic: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page 10  (Read 47871 times)

Re: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page 10
« Reply #555 on: June 19, 2019, 03:24:58 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
The Bucks are out. They do not have the cap space unless they dump a contract.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #556 on: June 19, 2019, 03:29:07 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Bill Simmons on his latest pod that just came out:

“Kyrie is in BKN, and I hear he’s already recruiting”

That’s a nugget.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #557 on: June 19, 2019, 03:33:44 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Lakers looking to stick it to the Celtics after they upped the Davis cost.

Pretty much. The Celtics had always been one step ahead of the Lakers during the offseasons in the past, but this time, they get their revenge.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #558 on: June 19, 2019, 03:56:04 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
didnt win. any titles with Al or Kyrie plus got be in 2nd round so not going win with them..lets get some new blood in town
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #559 on: June 19, 2019, 04:09:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Pretty much. The Celtics had always been one step ahead of the Lakers during the offseasons in the past, but this time, they get their revenge.
I miss Magic Johnson
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #560 on: June 19, 2019, 05:11:37 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
How hilarious would it be if Horford joined Kyrie in Brooklyn and then they proceeded to win 60 games without the Celtic kids dragging them down.  It would destroy narratives.

« Reply #561 on: June 19, 2019, 05:51:25 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am fine not bringing back Horford. Those demands are too much. Too much money. Too old, too undersized for that money.

I'll miss him because he has been everything to this team over the last few years. The only one who truly brought guys together and made everyone better.

Short term, it sucks he is leaving.

Long term, that contract would suck more if he stays.

« Reply #562 on: June 19, 2019, 06:43:43 AM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

This would be a short term gain for the Lakers, long term contractual impediment. Not the smartest move

« Reply #563 on: June 19, 2019, 08:41:04 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
How hilarious would it be if Horford joined Kyrie in Brooklyn and then they proceeded to win 60 games without the Celtic kids dragging them down.  It would destroy narratives.

Ugh Blakely said this morning to keep an eye on the Nets regarding Horford.  If both Horford and Irving go there will be a big kick to the stomach. 

« Reply #564 on: June 19, 2019, 08:45:47 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If Al is going to Brooklyn for that much...then Brooklyn is really dumb.

I maintain that Kyrie will never make it through that contract and will have an injury. Al's knee is not the best and that is a lot of cash.

And it means that KD is not going to the Nets.

« Reply #565 on: June 19, 2019, 08:53:30 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Marc Stein is saying the word is that Al has a 4 year 100 million dollar offer on the table and that's why he walked away from the negotiations with the Celtics.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1141206130359767041

Never thought Al would be about money.  He got paid a lot in his career.  If it's to play for a true contender then good for him.  Get paid and try to win a championship.  If it's for a team that would be on the same level as the C's then this is surprising that he'd leave because of money.  Also, if I were the C's I'd be filing some tampering charges soon after he signed this deal somewhere.  The whole Kyrie to Brooklyn thing as well.  Definitely some tampering going on.

« Reply #566 on: June 19, 2019, 08:55:09 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
Marc Stein is saying the word is that Al has a 4 year 100 million dollar offer on the table and that's why he walked away from the negotiations with the Celtics.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1141206130359767041

Still think this “leak” is more bark than bite, i.e. more of a threat to raise Boston’s offer than anything else.

Still don’t know if Danny will bite, though, as that’s a lot of money to pour into an uncertain future.

Way to much money.  I love Al but he does not win the C's a championship.  His contract will bog the team down and take space a young player can take.  Yes without Al they are a lottery team.  With Al they are the 6th seed.  It just comes down to what direction management wants to go in.  What a crazy bad off season.

« Reply #567 on: June 19, 2019, 08:56:50 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Well I imagine that scenario would be a real hoot for certain people obsessed with going back over and over again to said narratives in a way that is truly obnoxious.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #568 on: June 19, 2019, 09:00:07 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
Horford is worth 4yrs/100mil if someone is willing to give it to him. Boston has to match, he is the difference between playoffs and lotto.

Would you rather rebuild for a few years or be a 6th seed and a 1st or 2nd round exit from the playoffs for a few years while 2 years from now Al is a bench player playing 20 minutes a night and prohibiting the team from signing anyone good with the cap space they will have right before the Jays get extensions?  I love Al.  I love playoff basketball but I also love it when the C's have a LEGIT shot at winning it all.  I hate that the team has to go through this but it is what it is.  Time to rebuild.  Draft some players and hope you hit on a few.  I'm sure Hayward will opt out next year if he returns to form and you will have a max slot open.  If the team over performs and gets back to the scrappy under dog CBS type team they can attract a really good player or get a disgruntled star.

« Reply #569 on: June 19, 2019, 09:04:21 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I do not expect Boston to use the max slot on a player. I expect they sign several guys with it to 1 or 2 year deals to gauge what they have going forward.

Then next year hopefully Hayward leaves and they have a lot of expiring deals coming off the books. Danny wants as much money as possible for the 2021 free agency class. Next's years class is not good.

Do not see him tying up 27 mil on one guy for a long term. He will use it to fill out the roster with short deals.

This team will be cobbled together around Tatum, Brown, smart and Hayward. Probably 2 rookies from tomorrow and then whomever he can convince to come here.