Author Topic: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page 10  (Read 49238 times)

Re: Horford free agency thread: Possibly leaving: Page 10
« Reply #525 on: June 19, 2019, 12:54:37 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I posted a couple of days ago that Al deserved to go and chase a ring...

« Reply #526 on: June 19, 2019, 12:56:15 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Marc Stein is saying the word is that Al has a 4 year 100 million dollar offer on the table and that's why he walked away from the negotiations with the Celtics.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1141206130359767041

« Reply #527 on: June 19, 2019, 12:58:50 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Marc Stein is saying the word is that Al has a 4 year 100 million dollar offer on the table and that's why he walked away from the negotiations with the Celtics.

I need to know who the team is lol. It has to be a team that can bring in two big FA's - because you can't have Al be your only signing at that number.

Lolz. What if it's Brooklyn?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #528 on: June 19, 2019, 12:58:56 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

Still think this “leak” is more bark than bite, i.e. more of a threat to raise Boston’s offer than anything else.

Still don’t know if Danny will bite, though, as that’s a lot of money to pour into an uncertain future.

« Reply #529 on: June 19, 2019, 01:00:11 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

I need to know who the team is lol. It has to be a team that can bring in two big FA's - because you can't have Al be your only signing at that number.

Clippers perhaps? They tryna land Kawhi and Horford!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #530 on: June 19, 2019, 01:00:47 AM »

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Ryan was on SportsCenter saying what I was alluding to. Al may want out because he sees they  have no shot at a title, and his clock is ticking in terms of basketball. I knew it was not wholly money related. That is all I was saying earlier.

It is going to be the young guys show. They kind of pushed Kyrie out, now the domino effect trickled to their championship chances and landing another big name FA. Now, it affected Al, because he is getting old and wants to win, now.

With Irving gone, it looks to be a youth movement in which vets usually want no part of.

That is all I was saying.

« Reply #531 on: June 19, 2019, 01:01:19 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Clippers perhaps? They tryna land Kawhi and Horford!

Clippers make a ton of sense.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #532 on: June 19, 2019, 01:03:07 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Ryan was on SportsCenter saying what I was alluding to. Al may want out because he sees they  have no shot at a title, and his clock is ticking in terms of basketball. I knew it was not wholly money related. That is all I was saying earlier.

It is going to be the young guys show. They kind of pushed Kyrie out, now the domino effect trickled to their championship chances and landing another big name FA. Now, it affected Al, because he is getting old and wants to win, now.

With Irving gone, it looks to be a youth movement in which vets usually want no part of.

Yeah sounds like 2013 all over again.

Except worse with the turmoil of a locker room.

« Reply #533 on: June 19, 2019, 01:03:09 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Still think this “leak” is more bark than bite, i.e. more of a threat to raise Boston’s offer than anything else.

Still don’t know if Danny will bite, though, as that’s a lot of money to pour into an uncertain future.
Could be!

Also could be he wants to be overpaid by some amount beyond the other teams offers to stick with Boston given they don't look to be title contenders.

« Reply #534 on: June 19, 2019, 01:03:16 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

I don’t think it’d be Brooklyn. I’m not sure that Al was all that fond of playing with Kyrie, abd to be honest I’m not sure how well he’d fit in Brooklyn.

Besides, I think Al has always had a soft spot for more Latin-heavy areas, like LA and Houston, as was reported during free agency in 2016 due to his heritage. That’s why I’m thinking something like LAC as a promise.

« Reply #535 on: June 19, 2019, 01:03:42 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I said months ago that if Irving leaves, I think Al could take a step back, realize he's not going to win a ring here and peace out. People dismissed me.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #536 on: June 19, 2019, 01:04:13 AM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Horford is worth 4yrs/100mil if someone is willing to give it to him. Boston has to match, he is the difference between playoffs and lotto.

« Reply #537 on: June 19, 2019, 01:05:38 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Could be!

Also could be he wants to be overpaid by some amount beyond the other teams offers to stick with Boston given they don't look to be title contenders.

Knowing Danny, he ain't gonna bite. He didn't bite for the AD deal and he won't be biting for Al Horford. Mr. El Cheapo!

« Reply #538 on: June 19, 2019, 01:06:42 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Won’t blame Al at all for leaving for a better chance to win, especially if he goes somewhere like LAC with Kawhi (though for God’s sake don’t go to the Lakers).

On the other hand, I also don’t blame Ainge if he’s skeptical of throwing $100M+ at Horford knowing we won’t be contenders with him.

« Reply #539 on: June 19, 2019, 01:09:27 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Marc Stein
‏Verified account @TheSteinLine
49s49 seconds ago

The belief making the front-office rounds tonight is that Al Horford already knows there’s a four-year contract worth in excess of $100 million waiting out there for him June 30 .. knowledge that led to Horford’s talks with the Celtics dissolving