Author Topic: Celtics (33-19) at Blazers (23-30) Game #53 2/9/17  (Read 34330 times)

Re: Celtics (33-19) at Blazers (23-30) Game #53 2/9/17
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2017, 11:33:59 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Anyone know what Aminu's contract situation is?

« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2017, 11:34:31 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
IT killing us right now. 2-9, 0-4 from three.

If he's not being his normal offensive MVP self, he's really a major detriment to the team out there.

He's playing hurt but maybe needs to sit out a game or two.

What is hurting on him?

I thought they said ankle?

« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2017, 11:35:13 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
See these games are rough because we don't have the greatest chance to win, but at least we get see what we have in our youngins

If you don't know what we have in these "youngins" by now then I feel sorry for you.  "These youngins" sucks azz.

Well ladies and gentlemen we should be worried for our future because this man believes Brown, Rozier, and gang suck. Clearly his views and opinions are concrete and mean so much beyond his negative little blog posts

Edit:
By the way the only thing you should feel sorry about is your understanding of player development and overwhelmingly negative content on a tons of your posts

Don't get your panties in a wad.  I didn't say Jaylen suck.  As a matter of fact he has won me over a bit.  However, I'm not as crazy about him as many people here and rightfully so.  His potential or ceiling is exaggerated.  For now, he is a nice bench piece, that's it.  To suggest he start over Bradley, our second best player, is outright insane.  I hope people who even entertain that thought get their heads checked because it's one of the most ridiculous things ever stated on this site.  He replaces Bradley as a starter, and we'd sink so fast this season we wouldn't know what hit us.  But I guess some people are just so comfortable with first round exit in the playoffs.

You kind of are saying Jaylen sucks without just coming out and saying it. I think he's been fine with the 1st unit. Replacing Bradley isn't even an issue as Bradley is hurt.

I know Bradley is hurt.  And I can stomach Jaylen starting now because Bradley is hurt.  What I'm completely against is that stupid idea of Jaylen starting over a healthy Bradley.  Absolutely NOT. 

Jaylen do not suck.  I wasn't even so much against drafting him as I am not trading that pick.  I still wish Ainge had traded but that's over with.  Nothing can be done now.  He has won me over like I said because he's been really good for us, especially in place of Bradley.  HOWEVER, HE IS NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE A STARTER WHILE BRADLEY COME OFF THE BENCH.  Like Denzel Washington said in John Q, "I outright reject that out of hand."  Or in the language Clench understand well, "HELL NO!"

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2017, 11:35:38 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
See these games are rough because we don't have the greatest chance to win, but at least we get see what we have in our youngins

If you don't know what we have in these "youngins" by now then I feel sorry for you.  "These youngins" sucks azz.

Well ladies and gentlemen we should be worried for our future because this man believes Brown, Rozier, and gang suck. Clearly his views and opinions are concrete and mean so much beyond his negative little blog posts

Edit:
By the way the only thing you should feel sorry about is your understanding of player development and overwhelmingly negative content on a tons of your posts

Don't get your panties in a wad.  I didn't say Jaylen suck.  As a matter of fact he has won me over a bit.  However, I'm not as crazy about him as many people here and rightfully so.  His potential or ceiling is exaggerated.  For now, he is a nice bench piece, that's it.  To suggest he start over Bradley, our second best player, is outright insane.  I hope people who even entertain that thought get their heads checked because it's one of the most ridiculous things ever stated on this site.  He replaces Bradley as a starter, and we'd sink so fast this season we wouldn't know what hit us.  But I guess some people are just so comfortable with first round exit in the playoffs.

There you go bud. Solid constructive criticism! I completely agree too on the Bradley front. Bradley means more to this team as a secondary scoring option than people really acknowledge. He spreads the floor and and times has shown he can be a creator for himself, besides others because he's terrible passing the basketball. Overall his floor spacin, offense, and confidence within the offense is something that we sorely miss and don't have with Brown at the moment.

As for his ceiling of Brown I agree to an extent. His overall potential is predicated on how advanced his jumpshooting can become. By that I mean will he be relegated to more of a spot shooter or will he be able to be develop the mid range pull up off the dribble, will he be able to come off a screen and hit a moving 3 pointers, will he be able to do a jabstep in the triple threat and knock down a face up jumper? Right now I've only seen him knock down spot up jumpers and I think he can at some point in his career be proficient at that, but as far creating offense off the dribble I'm not sold as of yet.

« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2017, 11:37:29 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Edit:

There you go bud. Solid constructive criticism! I completely agree too on the Bradley front. Bradley means more to this team as a secondary scoring option than people really acknowledge. He spreads the floor and and times has shown he can be a creator for himself, besides others because he's terrible passing the basketball. Overall his floor spacin, offense, and confidence within the offense is something that we sorely miss and don't have with Brown at the moment.

As for his ceiling of Brown I agree to an extent. His overall potential is predicated on how advanced his jumpshooting can become. By that I mean will he be relegated to more of a spot shooter or will he be able to be develop the mid range pull up off the dribble, will he be able to come off a screen and hit a moving 3 pointers, will he be able to do a jabstep in the triple threat and knock down a face up jumper. Right now I've only seen him knock down spot up jumpers and I think he can at some point in his career be proficient at that, but as far creating offense off the dribble I'm not sold as of yet.

Good thread.

« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2017, 11:37:55 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Goodnight fellas.

« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2017, 11:38:05 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Everything going wrong now.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2017, 11:38:05 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Not going to win this game with IT shooting 2-10, 0-4 from three, especially with AB and Jae out.

« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2017, 11:39:20 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Not going to win this game with IT shooting 2-10, 0-4 from three, especially with AB and Jae out.

Probably not but you gotta keep fighting.

« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2017, 11:41:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Two more years.  Rumor was he had a meeting scheduled with Boston in free agency during the summer of 2015, but Portland was the first team he met with and he signed on the dotted line immediately.

« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2017, 11:42:07 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aminual01.html

Scroll down near thee bottom, but around two more years around 7 mill. Bargain.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2017, 11:42:08 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Edit:

Don't get your panties in a wad.  I didn't say Jaylen suck.  As a matter of fact he has won me over a bit.  However, I'm not as crazy about him as many people here and rightfully so.  His potential or ceiling is exaggerated by the same people who think RJ and Young are the second coming of Christ disciples.  For now, Jaylen is a nice bench piece, that's it.  To suggest he starts over Bradley, our second best player, is outright insane.  I hope people who even entertain that thought get their heads checked because it's one of the most ridiculous things ever stated on this site.  He replaces Bradley as a starter and we sink so fast this season we don't know what hit us.  But I guess some people are just so comfortable with first round exit in the playoffs.

YOU are the one that needs to get his head checked. Didnt you just said the starters started the slide last game when someone pointed out that we lead by double digits in the first? You also keep  on ignoring the fact that just because a player started over another doesnt mean he is better than that player. Do you honestly think that right now Brown is better than Smart because he started? Or Jerebko over Amir? How about when Manu came off the bench? Wasnt he the 3rd best player in their team?! Keep spouting all your crap Clench.

« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2017, 11:42:17 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Get it below 10 before the half. That's manageable.

« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2017, 11:43:05 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Jerebko doesn't look right tonight or last night. Our team is really banged up right now.

« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2017, 11:43:42 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Lol that missed free throw ended up working out.  :P

That Smart/Zeller pairing works suprisingly well.