Author Topic: Would you trade Rozier to Hornets for their 2018 first rounder?  (Read 4593 times)

Would you trade Rozier to Hornets for their 2018 first rounder?
« on: October 06, 2017, 12:45:32 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
With Batum out for around 8 weeks or until around Christmas (He LED them in assists last year with 5.9 per game!!), Charlotte desperately needs a passer.  Rozier is NOT an ideal passer, but he as a very NICE up side!!

I would demand their unprotected first in 2018 and perhaps a protected second rounder as well.  They are desperate and smart GM's like Danny know that they can take advantage of Cho right now!!

Thoughts?

Smitty77

P.S.  This would allow us to keep Larkin and still have one open roster spot, correct?

Re: Would you trade Rozier to Hornets for their 2018 first rounder?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 01:15:37 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
With Batum out for around 8 weeks or until around Christmas (He LED them in assists last year with 5.9 per game!!), Charlotte desperately needs a passer.  Rozier is NOT an ideal passer, but he as a very NICE up side!!

I would demand their unprotected first in 2018 and perhaps a protected second rounder as well.  They are desperate and smart GM's like Danny know that they can take advantage of Cho right now!!

Thoughts?

Smitty77

I think Angie would rather send picks and young players for another vet. The Celtics are in contention!

P.S.  This would allow us to keep Larkin and still have one open roster spot, correct?

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 01:16:36 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
If danny truly has his eyes on Davis, he pulls that trigger without blinking. That 1st would add to the pile of assets and make it impossible for another team to outbid

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 02:04:32 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Seriously doubt you could get more than a 2nd rounder for Rozier, straight up, nevermind a 1st and 2nd. Just don't think he is valued that highly across the league

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 02:11:06 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Seriously doubt you could get more than a 2nd rounder for Rozier, straight up, nevermind a 1st and 2nd. Just don't think he is valued that highly across the league
true. I don't think rozier is that valued either. Smart would be the guy they ask for But he's in his last year

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 02:50:22 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
No way.

Rozier is a talented young player who has far higher upside then people here seem to acknowledge - there's a reason why he's one of the only Celtics left on this roster, and why Danny wasn't wiling to throw him into deals as filler.  The kid has impressive potential.

On the other hand the East is weak and doggy dung right now, and I would be absolultely shocked if the Hornets don't make the playoffs.   In fact I'd be pretty surprised if they don't land a top 5 seed.  After Cleveland, Boston, Washington and Toronto, I can't think of anybody else in the East who looks likely to challenge them much.

Why trade a promising young player like Rozier (who's proven he steps his game up in the playoffs and in the clutch) for a potential 25th overall pick?  Rozier is a rotation quality player, most 25th overall picks never become that.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 03:08:45 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
If danny truly has his eyes on Davis, he pulls that trigger without blinking. That 1st would add to the pile of assets and make it impossible for another team to outbid

I really don't see how a pick likely to fall in the 24 - 27 range, combined with our current list of assets, could possibly be enough to outbid Cleveland when they potentially offer Kevin Love, the 2018 Brooklyn 1st and filler.

For Pelicans it would make a ton of sense to put Love and Cousins together - getting a potential top 10 pick along with that?  That's gold.

I don't see anything Boston could offer that can top that, especially considering the whole idea of salary matching. 

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 03:14:39 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I really don't see how a pick likely to fall in the 24 - 27 range, combined with our current list of assets, could possibly be enough to outbid Cleveland when they potentially offer Kevin Love, the 2018 Brooklyn 1st and filler.

For Pelicans it would make a ton of sense to put Love and Cousins together - getting a potential top 10 pick along with that?  That's gold.

I don't see anything Boston could offer that can top that, especially considering the whole idea of salary matching. 

Tatum + Brown + LAL/SAC pick beats that offer.

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 05:34:41 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Why do you keep insisting that the pick will be in that range? You named 4 teams that you think are better than them in the east, which already puts them at that range, but you're not factoring in all the really good teams in the west. Vegas currently has the Hornets as being tied for the 9th best record in the conference, not league, this season. That pick could potentially be a homerun, which is why they would never do it. Rozier is just an average player right now. You don't trade that for mediocrity that's already 23 1/2.

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 05:41:25 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I think a better question is, does Rozier have higher trade value than #3 pick Jahlil Jokafor.

Ugh, the draft. Norman Powell taken at 46 in that draft...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 06:18:04 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I think a better question is, does Rozier have higher trade value than #3 pick Jahlil Jokafor.

Ugh, the draft. Norman Powell taken at 46 in that draft...

And Josh Richardson at 40 :'(.

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 06:29:57 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would I think that Larken could do his job, but they WOULD NEVER DO THIS DEAL!   They are desperate, not delusional.  They would counter by asking for Smart.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:45:12 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 07:30:19 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

You never know I guess, but I suspect that you're right. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 07:44:05 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Pass on more lottery tickets for AD. I really hope the Pelicans play lights out this season.
ok fine

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 07:52:25 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
No way.

Rozier is a talented young player who has far higher upside then people here seem to acknowledge - there's a reason why he's one of the only Celtics left on this roster, and why Danny wasn't wiling to throw him into deals as filler.  The kid has impressive potential.

On the other hand the East is weak and doggy dung right now, and I would be absolultely shocked if the Hornets don't make the playoffs.   In fact I'd be pretty surprised if they don't land a top 5 seed. After Cleveland, Boston, Washington and Toronto, I can't think of anybody else in the East who looks likely to challenge them much.

Why trade a promising young player like Rozier (who's proven he steps his game up in the playoffs and in the clutch) for a potential 25th overall pick?  Rozier is a rotation quality player, most 25th overall picks never become that.

Errr, Miami? I don't expect them to repeat the second half they had last year, but I can definitely see them being better than the Hornets (especially since they'll be missing Batum for a while).  I'd put the Hornets at the same level as (or slightly above) Detroit.

And even if they are the 5th seed in the east, that would be more like the 20th pick than the 25th. In order for it to be 25th they'd need to be better than the #2 team out west.

This entire discussion is useless, though, because Charolette would never trade an unprotected (or protected) first for him. 4+ years of control on a rookie contract just flat out wins over 2+ of a 23 year old journeyman
I'm bitter.