Author Topic: Dooling?  (Read 1851 times)

Dooling?
« on: April 10, 2012, 11:56:59 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Just a question really. Is he out of the rotation because Ray is back or is he hurt? I wasn't really a fan of his game, but I thought he was starting to play better the last few weeks.

Same question with Daniels if anyone knows.

Couldn't help but notice that neither got off the bench even in a blow out over Philly.

Re: Dooling?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:08:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He's out because Ray is back and Avery Bradely has played too well to cut his minutes below 25-30 MPG.

Doc's cut his rotation down to a more traditional 8 man rotation for the stretch run it seems.

Rajon, Avery, Paul, Bradon, Kevin starting

Greg, Ray, Sasha off the bench

I imagine Pietrus if he can get back will take Sasha's minutes and probably some of Ray's and Avery's.

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:15:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
He's out because Ray is back and Avery Bradely has played too well to cut his minutes below 25-30 MPG.

Doc's cut his rotation down to a more traditional 8 man rotation for the stretch run it seems.

I imagine Pietrus if he can get back will take Sasha's minutes and probably some of Ray's and Avery's.
I would imagine Pie would take Sasha's minutes rather than Ray's despite Sasha showing he has some skills lately.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 12:19:49 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Exactly.  Although I still think there will be a time in the playoffs when Dooling is needed to make an impact.  Whether it be because of injuries, foul trouble, or they just need a veteran PG who can knock down shots. 

He is not much to look at as a rotation guy, but as a 10th man, he could be valuable.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 12:25:42 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

I would imagine Pie would take Sasha's minutes rather than Ray's despite Sasha showing he has some skills lately.

If he's healthy, he'll get a lot more minutes than Sasha's getting now.  Given the size of some of our potential opponents' 2-guards (Wade, JJ, George, J-Rich), some of those minutes will come at Avery's expense.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of them are going to come at the back-up 4.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 12:26:43 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

I see why that happens but sucks because Sasha has been playing great, he actually was on the floor during some key stretches in our wins lately be it hitting a big shot or making a nice defensive play. He is quick on the break as well and gives Rondo a running mate MP is a lot slower.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

If he's healthy, he'll get a lot more minutes than Sasha's getting now.  Given the size of some of our potential opponents' 2-guards (Wade, JJ, George, J-Rich), some of those minutes will come at Avery's expense.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of them are going to come at the back-up 4.

I agree.  I think it will all be about matchups on a given night, to split the minutes with Bradley and Pietrus.

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 12:38:13 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I hope Sasha still gets some burn once Pietrus gets back.  He's looked pretty good in his limited time and has helped out on the boards nicely.

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't think Pietrus automatically gets Palvovic's minutes when he comes back.  He'll have to compete for them.  Either way, I'm cool.

To answer the original question;  I think Dooling's out of the rotation to stay.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'm trading Dooling off